MCM London Comic Con October 2015 Announcements

Re: MCM Comic Con October 23-25 2015 Announcements - Schedule Revealed

Wasn't Expelled from Paradise heavily hinted at previously? May have been via podcast or SLA listing, but I don't remember to be honest.

I wouldn't be surprised if Haruhi was announced considering the whole Funi situation and Andrew's ties to Bandai (having worked at Beez).
Not exactly sure if that's related in any way though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mangaranga said:
Wasn't Expelled from Paradise heavily hinted at previously? May have been via podcast or SLA listing, but I don't remember to be honest.

I wouldn't be surprised if Haruhi was announced considering the whole Funi situation and Andrew's ties to Bandai. (having worked at Beez) Not exactly sure if that's related in any way though.
Yeah I remember them mentioning it on a podcast and Andrew said something about how the SLA site revealed who provided it so there was no point in trying to hide it at that point.

Mangaranga said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Haruhi was announced considering the whole Funi situation and Andrew's ties to Bandai (having worked at Beez).
Not exactly sure if that's related in any way though.

That's what I thought as well, it was mentioned on both the podcast and listed on the SLA. Love Live! was also listed on SLA. Empire of Corpses was listed on BBFC but Andrew denies (but wants to get) the license.

So far I guess these lot are possible announcements:
- The Case of Hana & Alice ~ SLA, Logo Image on Blog Archive
- Expelled from Paradise ~ SLA, Publisher for SLA, Podcast references
- Love Live! the Movie ~ SLA, Publisher for SLA, MCM Loves Anime
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (& possibly Lucky Star if a bundle is involved) ~ Logo Image on Blog Archive, Kat wants Lucky Star
- Project Itoh: The Empire of Corpses (+ Genocidal Organ & Harmony) ~ SLA, BBFC, Licensed in France, MCM Loves Anime
HYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPE

you know....

I've previously said I had concerns about AL's ability to deliver licenses at the speed of their acquisitions. But if they have 4 new releases at MCM this weekend and can hit subsequent dates for those then, particularly considering they have only just put out a couple I can only conclude that their throughput has seriously ramped up. (Perhaps the new guy has helped with that?).

If that speed keeps up then I wouldn't even have concerns if the acquisition rate went even higher, so who knows how many will be announced...

I'm definitely leaning towards a lucky star and Haruhi Suszmiya dual announcement on Friday at the moment...

Might also be worth mentioning that Love Live is a Sunrise IP - and we know that there's a good ongoing relationship with Sunrise.
MVM also don't do movies.

Re: MCM Comic Con October 23-25 2015 Announcements - Friday 3pm: Anime Ltd Panel Part 1

Oh god, if AL released a nice CE for the Love Live film I would give them all my money so hard. What is the dub plan for the movie? I know the 2 series are getting dubs soon, is one in the pipeline for the film too?

Re: MCM Comic Con October 23-25 2015 Announcements - Friday 3pm: Anime Ltd Panel Part 1

I'll be real honest, only The Case of Hana & Alice would make me particularly happy from those.

Still holding out for a classic as Andrew did say that if the shows I listed were more my thing then I wouldn't be upset with the MCM announcements - The shows I listed were Cowboy Bebop and Perfect Blue and none of these shows mentioned line up with them for me. Then again, maybe other peoples opinions differ on that one, but I'm interested to see what they have anyway.

None of those interest me I have a 50% hope for GE and about. 0.1% hope for cardcaptor Sakura

The first Build Fighters is a favourite of mine so I'd be happy to see it announced. Try goes in hand, though I find it to be massively inferior (that'll happen when ypu rush out a sequel six months later with execs taking control).

OMG

The Haruhi Images have just disappeared from the folder!!! Thread being watched?

Although tbh last time something like this happened it was a wrong assumption and Jeremy was panicking and deleting stuff due to some twitter misconceptions

Either way I'll be amazed if it ever happened. The license for Season 2 and the film is still with Manga UK, I can't see how Anime Ltd can get the series unless it was Blu-ray only.

NormanicGrav said:
Either way I'll be amazed if it ever happened. The license for Season 2 and the film is still with Manga UK, I can't see how Anime Ltd can get the series unless it was Blu-ray only.
I'd assume Manga at least have Blu-ray rights to the movie since they intended to release it on said format but never did. Then again, maybe BD rights lapsed considering Madman seem to have been unable to reprint the BD.

I'm wouldn't be surprised if someone from team Anime Limited is watching this thread and laughing at all the speculation though :D

Last time they announced a release day before MCM so hopefully they will announce something tomorrow

I think looking at their wordpress folders is both a little mean and silly, a couple of the suggested films were at SLA, maybe that's why they have files on there?

Buzz201 said:
I think looking at their wordpress folders is both a little mean and silly, a couple of the suggested films were at SLA, maybe that's why they have files on there?

I did have a quick look and it was only the image that Msgeek found that was any reference. But yeah let's just avoid going even further and just guess on already existing information from now on. Once they are announced, then we can go into that stuff. :lol:

Mangaranga said:

I think they said they had it outright on the last podcast, but they didn't really consider it announcement since the news had accidentally leaked on SLA's website beforehand.

Andrew also implied to me on the AL thread a few weeks ago that Mind Game might be coming. Really really hoping for that one.

The Case of Alice & Hana would be great as well - not seeing it until the weekend but I'm a big Shunji Iwai fan. I'd hope that if AL do release it then they package it with the original live action film and short film series.

I'd REALLY be up for Expelled From Paradise via Anime Limited. Love the way they handle feature length films, and something about that one makes it stand out - even if I don't personally care for the animation style.

Ok, now we've arrived at the date what do people want to see announced? I know Andrew has interest in Mushishi (a quick check shows he mentioned rights etc back in August) so I'm hoping they anounce they've licensed it for blu ray.

Coinciding with the announcement of the fourth ova series, i Would also like to see Tenchi Muyo on blu ray over here from someone.

I'm up for anything but I would like to see Katanagatari licensed. The NIS set is OOP (and presumably has its license expired by Aniplex) so I hope Anime Ltd will acquire the rights and release it on Blu-ray. It's from the creator of Monogatari if it interests people.

There's also certain titles from the Spring & Summer season that I would want licensed:
- Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan
- Ninja Slayer From Animation
- Overlord
- Prison School
- Shinometa

UPDATE:

Here's a bit of a bonus revealed at MCM (and over the past two days), Koei Tecmo have announced the release dates for their upcoming titles:
- Arslan: The Warriors of Legend (PS3, PS4, XO) - February 12th
- Atelier Escha & Logy Plus: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky (Vita) - January 20th
- Samurai Warriors IV: Empires (PS3, PS4, Vita) - March 11th
- Yoru no Nai Kuni/Nights of Azure (PS4) - April 1st

Back