MCM London Comic Con October 2015 Announcements

Re: MCM Comic Con October 23-25 2015 Announcements - Schedule Revealed

Don't forget Lucky Star!

Beez had it and Funimation has the US rights so there's a chance!

I've wanted to watch lucky star for aaaaaages. I don't suppose that's one of those that had a french release with English audio was it?

Definitely hoping for and expecting Hunter x Hunter and One Punch Man announcements from Manga - and in an ideal world too, Sailor Moon, going by Madman having that for AUS.

I'm personally hoping for Barakamon, Rage of Bahamut: Genesis & Shirobako from Anime Limited.

I would like Anime Limited to have Nozaki-Kun too but that's more a Manga/Animatsu/MVM thing (which isn't a bad thing! It's just if Sentai are giving Nozaki the collectors treatment I'll be importing that, but if A/L had it I'd wait for that release instead)

Lucky Star would be neat too. I'm one of the lucky ones who bought the Beez release (sure it went OOP soon after?) but I'd double dip on another nicer release. CCS would blow my mind but I won't get my hopes up ...

I think it might be a while before Shirobako gets picked up, it's quite niche, seemingly skews towards a slightly older demographic, so probably won't do too well and it's success in Japan probably means it's expensive.

Being a tad optimistic expecting God Eater. The show isn't even done broadcasting yet, a licence announcement is almost certainly off the table. Hell, I'd love someone to get up there and say they're releasing Gakkou Gurashi in the UK but I don't believe for a second anyone will. Not yet anyway.

Aniplex and Hanbee have it in the US and AUS so were the only ones left so not really being optimistic

Didn't Hanabee announce they had it fairly soon after/slightly before it started airing. Now everyone knows what an absolute trainwreck it is (and I don't mean production schedule-wise), I can't see it being picked up for a while.

It's pretty enough to have a standard ed blu ray purchase from me. It's only purpose was to build hype for the new GE game anyway.

Mildly worried about the Gundam panel only being half an hour. Maybe in the current UK market that's seen as enough time to give it a solo panel but add in how rarely MCM panels start on time...

Also kinda surprised that the long standing combined panel is apparently a no show this time.

Plus on a personal note, kinda bummed out by how pretty much everything of note is happening Saturday afternoon. Wanna show support for MCM Loves Anime but at the exact same time at the main event there's various things I'd love to get coverage for. They couldn't have put more big panels on Sunday?

^^What big panels are happening on Saturday that could be moved to Sunday? There are none mentioned in the op.

It's non anime stuff like a Thunderbirds panel and a Doctor Who panel. Anime is always in our MCM coverage but non-anime animation as well. So this time around the schedule is awkward because at any given time on Saturday there are at least two things we'd like to show support to and provide coverage on.

Looking forward to seeing what's announced, especially any further Gundam releases (which given there's a whole panel dedicated to it, no matter how short, seems to suggest there will be!)

HellCat said:
Mildly worried about the Gundam panel only being half an hour. Maybe in the current UK market that's seen as enough time to give it a solo panel but add in how rarely MCM panels start on time...

Also kinda surprised that the long standing combined panel is apparently a no show this time.

Plus on a personal note, kinda bummed out by how pretty much everything of note is happening Saturday afternoon. Wanna show support for MCM Loves Anime but at the exact same time at the main event there's various things I'd love to get coverage for. They couldn't have put more big panels on Sunday?

Im worried about gundam as the US announcements were mainly DVD and we haven't got turn A or MSG on DVD like the US have with this deal so I'm not too sure it might just be build fighters meh!

black1blade said:
It's pretty enough to have a standard ed blu ray purchase from me. It's only purpose was to build hype for the new GE game anyway.

It worked for me i have bought the new game ha ha and God eater is good as the story is really good and this cliffhanger is killing me Ufotabe are amazing

thedoctor2016 said:
Im worried about gundam as the US announcements were mainly DVD and we haven't got turn A or MSG on DVD like the US have with this deal so I'm not too sure it might just be build fighters meh!

Andrew has been quite clear Turn A is coming at some point, but will be DVD-only.

Also, how dare you claim people are unfairly shunning GOD EATER then slag off Build Fighters? :( BF is clearly the better of the two, and I'd love an AL release.

Now God eater hasn't finished build fighters has a yes will probably get a AL release which i will buy and also I haven't heard Andrew say Turn A will get a release and its shame considering the BR is out in Japan

thedoctor2016 said:
Now God eater hasn't finished build fighters has a yes will probably get a AL release which i will buy and also I haven't heard Andrew say Turn A will get a release and its shame considering the BR is out in Japan

It was on one of their podcasts.

Back