MCM London Comic Con October 2015 Announcements

HellCat said:
Buzz201 said:
thedoctor2016 said:
Not Artesia's sorrow thats not out till Saturday

If you're only interested in Gundam do you pay for an MCM Loves Anime ticket to watch it interrupted by a bunch of ********s? or do you wait a week and watch it, presumably for a cheaper price, on PPV?

The Gundam showing went well for me. There was odd chatter and people deciding the mere minutes between episodes was time to get up and talk but beyond a negative reaction to one melodramatic moment it was a good experience.

Love Live apparently attracted the "best girl" crowd who didn't realise they're not as funny as they think and that no one wants to hear you gushing over your waifu/dropping 4chan memes. It was actually uncomfortable.
With the Gundam showing, the only time I noticed any disruption was when the credits for Part I were playing. However, once people realised that Part II was starting, they all quickly shut up and watched.
The whole thing with the cat was really stupid though, to be fair.

kuuderes_shadow said:
HellCat said:
Love Live apparently attracted the "best girl" crowd who didn't realise they're not as funny as they think and that no one wants to hear you gushing over your waifu/dropping 4chan memes. It was actually uncomfortable.

Pretty sure you just got unlucky with where you were sitting there. I didn't hear anyone doing anything like that. In all honesty if I had I'd have moved, even if it meant having a worse seat.
Perhaps I was sat in a fortunate position, but I can't say I personally encountered anything that made me feel uncomfortable. The only thing I would say is that there were a couple of people who incorrectly assumed that concert etiquette translated into cinema; such as the guy with the glow-stick and someone throwing their arms about in my peripheral vision. The former was more amusing than anything else and the latter probably only bugged me as much as they did because I was starting to suffer from my early start :p.
The most I heard from the "best girl crowd" was a lot of laughter during a particular moment involving Nico and Maki. However, there was just as much laughter with Rin's line at the airport (Rin really stole the spotlight of the movie tbh).

Last edited by a moderator:
Regarding the Origin spoiler- I think it didn't help that all this crap goes down in like 10-15 minutes. I get what Yas was doing but all the "At least I still have..." and then way over the top reactions produce something that feels more at home with a parody/satire like Cyanide and Happiness.

SnowWolf said:
Great announcements! Was hoping we'd get some Escaflowne news though.

They did mention it during their Q&A. They're trying to figure out if an English dub would be approved for the Director's Cut version.

Escaflowne Ultimate Edition?
This Ultimate Edition is still waiting on confirmation of a potential dub of its Director's Cut edition. Still scheduled for 2016.

NormanicGrav said:
They did mention it during their Q&A. They're trying to figure out if an English dub would be approved for the Director's Cut version.

From what I recall they said it was more along the lines of trying to work out if one exists and how to access depending on the answer to that how they handle they handle it. Comments were made about locking Andrew in an office to record the gaps himself...

I think it was also Escaflowne they said was going to be a DVD + BD (in the same box) release. I like the idea of that... Gives me an option should I want to watch away from a BD player and the more BD's DVD-Only consumers have in their collections the more likely they will be to stop holding out and get a BD player. Then finally maybe we'll be able to consign the days of two formats for releases to history.

HellCat said:
Sunrise posted the photo Eri took on Facebook. Don't think I'm in this. I was sat on the left end of centre third row which I think was just about where the shot cuts off:
https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hp ... e=56D0457F
I'm in that picture :D
As per usual I don't photograph well though.

msgeek said:
NormanicGrav said:

From what I recall they said it was more along the lines of trying to work out if one exists and how to access depending on the answer to that how they handle they handle it. Comments were made about locking Andrew in an office to record the gaps himself...
The short of it is that Anime Limited are looking into how to release it at this stage. There was talk at the panel about creating a new dub track that used the TV dubbing where possible and had subtitles to fill in the gaps, but nothing has been decided yet. I also heard that someone may potentially dub the new directors cut scenes.

We should annotate the photo and see how many folks we can place. I think that's me on the lower right, some yellow circle nearby and a blemish cutting off the head.

NormanicGrav said:
Emo185 recorded the two anime panels from Friday, here's the Anime Limited one:

The other panel is up! Here's the Animatsu/Manga UK one:

Really enjoyed watching the Anime Ltd panel, watching Kat and the audience react to Haruhi was pretty hilarious. The Animatsu panel was pretty awesome to watch as well.

UPDATE: Emo185 also recorded the Sunrise 'Mobile Suit Gundam' panel:

That reaction to Haruhi was fantastic. I also loved that groan followed by "I know, I know" from Andrew of Animatsu when KAZE were mentioned.

Now to my plans:

Will Purchase (as long as they're on BD. Gundam get's a free DVD pass as BD may not be available)
- The Case of Hana & Alice (Hana to Alice: Satsujin Jiken)
- Expelled From Paradise (Rakuen Tsuihou)
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu) Season 1
- Prison School
- Snow White with the Red Hair (Akagami no Shirayuki-hime)
- Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam
- Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ
- Gundam Reconguista in G
- Turn A Gundam
- Amagi Brilliant Park
- Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma
- Haikyuu!! Season 1 & 2
- Humanity Has Declined (Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita)
- Is it Wrong to Try to Pick up Girls in a Dungeon? (Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka?)
- My Love Story!! (Ore Monogatari!!)
- My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru.) Season 1 & 2
- Hanamonogatari
- Monster Musume: Everyday Life With Monster Girls (Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou) (I cannot even begin to explain how happy my BF was after seeing this announced)

Maybe
- Tokyo ESP
- Claymore [Blu-ray]
- The Anthem of the Heart (Kokoro ga Sakebitagatterunda.)
- Attack on Titan: Junior High (Shingeki! Kyojin Chuugakkou)
- Selected Infector Wixoss
- NINJA SLAYER FROM ANIMATION
- Tokyo Marble Chocolate
- School-Live! (Gakkougurashi!)
- GATE

Not for me
- Brother's Conflict
- Blade Dancer of the Elementalers (Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance)
- Code Geass: Akito the Exiled (Code Geass: Boukoku no Akito) (I haven't got past Episode 4 of the first series + KAZE)
- One Punch Man (Cause KAZE)

HellCat said:
Sunrise posted the photo Eri took on Facebook. Don't think I'm in this. I was sat on the left end of centre third row which I think was just about where the shot cuts off:
https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hp ... e=56D0457F

I'm on front row with arms (slightly) folded and inbetween Japanese guy with Love Live T-Shirt and Guy with Blue Jumper on :D

You may also notice my phone (which is how i recorded the panels) on a camera tripod as well :)

NormanicGrav said:
NormanicGrav said:
Emo185 recorded the two anime panels from Friday, here's the Anime Limited one:

The other panel is up! Here's the Animatsu/Manga UK one:

Really enjoyed watching the Anime Ltd panel, watching Kat and the audience react to Haruhi was pretty hilarious. The Animatsu panel was pretty awesome to watch as well.

UPDATE: Emo185 also recorded the Sunrise 'Mobile Suit Gundam' panel:

My original plan was to have the videos uploaded on the same day as the panels; but combination of not enough time, slow internet at the hotel and other arrangements led me to waiting till Monday to post the videos (along with the articles).

I was also going to record the Koyama Panel but it was quite busy and hard to get a clear shot while recording video.
I also began recording the Cannon Busters Panel (which actually looks REALLY GOOD) but i ran out of storage on my iphone hahaha

Looking forward to Prison School, Terror in Resonance, Durarara!!x2 and Akame ga Kill.

Does anyone know what will happen with Hellsing Ultimate IX and X now the rights have gone? :(

I'm also wondering what will happen with High School DxD? Now I own Season 1 I need to own it all lol.

Oh also, was there any word on Escaflowne? :(

Back