MCM London Comic Con October 2015 Announcements

I saw The Case of Hana & Alice this morning and really enjoyed it. I'll repeat my earlier request for a collector's/ultimate edition w/ the 2004 film + 2003 short films - they're live action but seeing as this is a prequel with the same cast (it's rotoscoped), it would be great if we could get the next part of the story.

Re: MCM Comic Con October 2015 Announcements - Next: Sunrise Panel 12:00pm this Sunday

Round-up on all of the Day 3 announcements:

Anime Limited:
New Announcements:
- Brother's Conflict
- The Case of Hana & Alice (Hana to Alice: Satsujin Jiken)
- Selected Infector Wixoss
- Snow White with the Red Hair (Akagami no Shirayuki-hime)

Gundam Announcements:
- Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam
- Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ

Overall Round-up:

Anime Limited: - 13 new additions (+ 3 Gundam titles)
- The Anthem of the Heart (Kokoro ga Sakebitagatterunda.)
- Attack on Titan: Junior High (Shingeki! Kyojin Chuugakkou)
- Brother's Conflict
- Claymore [Blu-ray]
- Expelled From Paradise (Rakuen Tsuihou)
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu) Season 1
- Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam
- Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ
- NINJA SLAYER FROM ANIMATION
- Prison School
- Selected Infector Wixoss
- Snow White with the Red Hair (Akagami no Shirayuki-hime)
- Tokyo ESP
- Tokyo Marble Chocolate
- Turn-A Gundam

Animatsu Entertainment: - 9 new additions (+ an extra season for 2 titles)
- Amagi Brilliant Park
- Blade Dancer of the Elementalers (Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance)
- Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma
- Haikyuu!! Season 1 & 2
- Humanity Has Declined (Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita)
- Is it Wrong to Try to Pick up Girls in a Dungeon? (Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka?)
- My Love Story!! (Ore Monogatari!!)
- My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru.) Season 1 & 2
- School-Live! (Gakkougurashi!)

KAZE UK (OH DEAR): - 2 new additions to make us suffer
- Code Geass: Akito the Exiled (Code Geass: Boukoku no Akito)
- One Punch Man

Manga Entertainment UK: - LOL
- None

MVM Entertainment: - 3 new additions
- GATE
- Hanamonogatari
- Monster Musume: Everyday Life With Monster Girls (Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou)

Thanks again for all the roundups NormanicGrav.

In the end I'll probably pick up the following of everything that got announced:

Anime Limited:
- The Anthem of the Heart (Kokoro ga Sakebitagatterunda.)
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu) Season 1
- Tokyo ESP
- Tokyo Marble Chocolate

Nothing from Animatsu I'm afraid, and I've already imported Hanamonogatari from the MVM lineup (I'll be getting their Fate release though).

HdE said:
I don't know what it is, but Gundam fans do seem to be in their own little niche, and not necessarily of one mind. I know a few folks who watch Gundam to the exclusion of all other anime. Some of them are big into the model kits, and in a few cases I think they're more interested in those than the shows. I just don't get that.
I think this image sums up the Gundam community pretty well.
GgWzNgh.jpg

sniper_samurai said:
HdE said:
I don't know what it is, but Gundam fans do seem to be in their own little niche, and not necessarily of one mind. I know a few folks who watch Gundam to the exclusion of all other anime. Some of them are big into the model kits, and in a few cases I think they're more interested in those than the shows. I just don't get that.
GgWzNgh

What, broken? :p

IncendiaryLemon said:
sniper_samurai said:
HdE said:
GgWzNgh

What, broken? :p
Fixed now. Forgot the file extension :oops:

I'm happy with most of the AL announcements, barring Brothers Conflict which sounds so far out of my norm. Ninja Slayer is a wait and see title for me but the rest will definitely be bought

Animatsu are tempting me with Food Wars and My Love Story,.

Overall I'm happy with the amount of titles I get to blow my salary on, but wish Mushishi had been announced!

Really? There have been some great announcements and a plethora of mediocre ones that other people probably love, and people are still whining?

Also, I'm fairly confident the more you go on about Shirobako, the less likely it is to happen.

Especially considering this slate of announcements, I'm guessing that FUNimation's plan is to now distribute titles through Anime Limited?

Now that we have all of the announcements out of the way, my personal list of "Stuff I Would Be Fond Of Acquiring" is:

- Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma
- Is It Wrong To Try To Pick Up Girls In A Dungeon?
- Monster Musume: Everyday Life With Monster Girls
- My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU
- School-Live
- Snow White With The Red Hair

I'm also intrigued by the following, but not sure if I want to buy yet (aka: "I haven't seen this yet"):
- Amagi Brilliant Park
- Expelled From Paradise
- Selected Infector WIXOSS

I'll also be picking up Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works, but that was an update, not a new license announcement :p

Buzz201 said:
Also, I'm fairly confident the more you go on about Shirobako, the less likely it is to happen.
I was eventually given a reason to shut up about Index/Railgun wasn't I? :p

From what I've heard from other sources, there's a range of factors aggrivating pushing Gundam in the UK. Some of this is simple lack of interest (Tamashii Nations pushes obvious sellers like DBZ and Marvel yet somehow Sailor Moon, which has hardly had a recent push here and yet apparently out performs Gundam) and some is apparently bizarre legal redtape.

I'm not really sure how you'd tackle lack of interest. The Origin screening had attendance but Love Live straight after flattened it. Plus based on reactions both here and in person some who attended the screening and/or panel weren't even fans, so that lowers the numbers even futher. I get the feeling it's why Iron Blooded Orphans is the way it is, like Sunrise wanted a Gundam that was following the global waves caused by Attack on Titan.

There are a depressingly low amount of people here interested in School Live. It's one of the best shows I have ever seen without a doubt. It's streaming on CR and I would highly encourage everyone to checkout at least the first episode or two.

IncendiaryLemon said:
There are a depressingly low amount of people here interested in School Live. It's one of the best shows I have ever seen without a doubt. It's streaming on CR and I would highly encourage everyone to checkout at least the first episode or two.

I've just read an outline of the plot because of you (initially dismissed it as just another cutesy slice of life show) and it sounds great. Colour me intrigued!

Damn 13 (+3 gundam) acquisitions for Anime Ltd... They aren't slowing down are they. Getting 4 new releases out on the floor for MCM has made me more confident that they can handle a faster throughput... But 16 / 6 months? (assuming 16 acquisitions / 6 months going forwards) they will need to equalize acquisition rate with rtm rate at some point and with those numbers they'll be averaging 1 release (excluding multiple versions of the same show) every 1.5 weeks... every week for the whole year... forever...

britguy said:
IncendiaryLemon said:

I've just read an outline of the plot because of you (initially dismissed it as just another cutesy slice of life show) and it sounds great. Colour me intrigued!

Yeah, the reveal in the first episode that it's not another cutesy SoL show is a double edged sword. One one hand, if you're not expecting the reveal it's incredibly effective and genuinely shocking but on the other hand it's hard to get people who don't like that kind of thing to watch it without spoiling it, even though they would probably end up liking it.

IncendiaryLemon said:
britguy said:
IncendiaryLemon said:

Yeah, the reveal in the first episode that it's not another cutesy SoL show is a double edged sword. One one hand, if you're not expecting the reveal it's incredibly effective and genuinely shocking but on the other hand it's hard to get people who don't like that kind of thing to watch it without spoiling it, even though they would probably end up liking it.
Yeah i read a outline and it spoilt it but still loved it best first ep 1 last season and was best anime of last season

I don't know, I didn't see the show in question, but I feel like most zombie fans aren't interested in PTSD, and most PTSD fans aren't interested in zombies, who has the show trying to appeal to? Also, twist beginnings are a double edged sword, as it can give off the impression the show has played it's hand too soon or that the show is going to become some ridiculous Trance-style twist every other minute nonsense, and as much as I love Danny Boyle, I couldn't sit through 12 episodes of that...

Back