MCM London Comic Con October 2015 Announcements

NormanicGrav

Quintessential Grav
AUKN Staff
The usual MCM announcement hype is nearly here!

Started the thread slightly earlier than usual since we're bound to get some announcements anyway, haha. Okay here's what we can expect this weekend:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday 23rd October:
3 p.m. - Anime Limited Panel - featuring Jeremy Graves (Marketing Executive) and Kat Hall (Product Manager), focusing 'on what's in the work for coming year,' previewing upcoming titles. (Platinum Stage)

4 p.m. - Manga UK and Animatsu Panel - featuring Jerome Mazandarani (Animatsu COO) and Andrew Hewson (Animatsu Marketing Manager), announcing new acquisitions. (Platinum Stage)

Sunday 25th October:
12 p.m. - Sunrise Gundam Panel - 'discussing upcoming plans for Gundam titles in the UK.' Featuring Eri Suzuki from Sunrise and Andrew Partridge from Anime Limited.

12.30 p.m. - Viewster Panel - featuring Jeremy Graves to discuss more announcements.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anime Limited's MCM Deals:
009 Re:Cyborg 3D Collector's Edition (Blu-ray/DVD Combo Pack) - £20
Baccano! Collector's Edition (Blu-ray) - £36
Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya Season 1 Collector's Edition (Blu-ray) - £35
Full Metal Panic! Ultimate Edition (Blu-ray) - £90
Mobile Suit Gundam Part 1 w/Collector's Edition Box (Blu-ray) - £40

Feel free to make your own predictions and anticipations in the posts below! I expect MVM will announce their new titles online like they have done before.

Anime Limited:
New Announcements:
- The Anthem of the Heart (Kokoro ga Sakebitagatterunda.)
- Attack on Titan: Junior High (Shingeki! Kyojin Chuugakkou)
- Brother's Conflict
- The Case of Hana & Alice (Hana to Alice: Satsujin Jiken)
- Claymore [Blu-ray]
- Expelled From Paradise (Rakuen Tsuihou)
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu) Season 1
- NINJA SLAYER FROM ANIMATION
- Prison School
- Selected Infector Wixoss
- Snow White with the Red Hair (Akagami no Shirayuki-hime)
- Tokyo ESP
- Tokyo Marble Chocolate

New Updates:
- Beck had issues with the masters that Anime Limited are trying to correct. With the delay, they're checking if a Blu-ray release is possible.
- Durarara!!x2 Shou confirmed for one complete season set, scheduled for February 2016.
- Expelled from Paradise is scheduled for a January 25th release on DVD and Blu-ray.
- Fuse: Memoirs of a Huntress is now scheduled for an early January 2016 release.
- The Heroic Legend of Arslan is digital rights only so far.
- Makoto Shinkai: Voices of a Distant Star/Place Promised in Our Early Days Pack set for February 2016. Steelbook release is possible.
- Miss Hokusai is scheduled for a March 2016 DVD and Blu-ray release.
- Ping Pong the Animation set for January 11th, plans afoot for extra bits for the Collector's Edition.
- Terror in Resonance will be released as a Blu-ray/DVD Ultimate Edition set in March/April 2016.
- Tokyo ESP is scheduled for February 2016.

Anime Limited (Sunrise's Gundam franchise):
- Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam
- Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ
- Gundam Reconguista in G
- Turn A Gundam

Animatsu Entertainment:
New Announcements:
- Amagi Brilliant Park
- Blade Dancer of the Elementalers (Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance)
- Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma
- Haikyuu!! Season 1 & 2
- Humanity Has Declined (Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita)
- Is it Wrong to Try to Pick up Girls in a Dungeon? (Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka?)
- My Love Story!! (Ore Monogatari!!)
- My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru.) Season 1 & 2
- School-Live! (Gakkougurashi!)

New Updates:
- Akame ga Kill will be getting a "special release" - this will be announced on October 30th, so keep your eyes peeled!
- Animatsu Entertainment don't have the second season of Chaika yet, but they're waiting for it to be offered to them.
- Jerome may go after the Haikyuu!! film but he's also interested in Yowamushi Pedal but hasn't put an offer in yet.

KAZE UK (OH DEAR):
New Announcements:
- Code Geass: Akito the Exiled (Code Geass: Boukoku no Akito)
- One Punch Man

New Updates:
- Code Geass: Akito the Exiled Set 1 (OVA 1 & 2) set for March 21st.
- Persona 4 the Animation will be released as a Complete Series Collection via Kaze on DVD and DVD/Blu-ray combo formats.

Manga Entertainment UK:
New Announcements:
- None

New Updates:
- Attack on Titan Part 1 live-action movie set for cinemas on December 2nd.
- Boruto: Naruto the Movie is coming to cinemas on November 10th.
- Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection F is now coming on home video on January 25th 2016 - DVD, Blu-ray and Collector's Edition formats confirmed.
- Evangelion 3.33 will be released in the UK on 7th March, on DVD, Blu-ray and Collector's Edition Blu-ray.
- Mamoru Oshii live-action film Garm Wars is coming to the UK on 4th March 2016.
- Yakuza Apocalypse live-action move set for cinemas on January 2nd 2016.

Important note regarding Manga & Funimation:
- High School DxD New will also not be released by Manga Entertainment as they can't get the UK rights from FUNimation Entertainment any more.
- FUNimation Entertainment have "other plans" for UK rights of their properties, but it's unknown what they are.
- The rights to Hellsing Ultimate IX & X are now gone.

MVM Entertainment:
New Announcements:
- GATE
- Hanamonogatari
- Monster Musume: Everyday Life With Monster Girls (Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou)

New Updates:
- Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works Part 1 due March 23rd on Blu-ray Collector's Edition and DVD.
- Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works Blu-ray CE will feature the same model as Hanabee with artbox, poster, artbook etc.

Re: MCM Comic Con October 23-25 2015 Announcements - Schedule Revealed

Fingers crossed for new Monogatari announcements from MVM. They're two releases behind now so I suspect those two should be coming soon, especially considering Monogatari is a big seller for MVM.

IncendiaryLemon said:
Fingers crossed for new Monogatari announcements from MVM. They're two releases behind now so I suspect those two should be coming soon, especially considering Monogatari is a big seller for MVM.

Yeah we can pretty much assume Hanamonogatari and Tsukimonogatari will be next at some point (I can see why they didn't release them, Hana ended up as a separate OVA series instead of being part of Second Season so I presume the license was separate also).

Other possible MVM titles could be Brynhildr in the Darkness, Sasami-san@Ganbaranai, The Irregular at Magic High School, Monthly Girl Nozaki-kun and Rail Wars - all of which are from Hanabee's catalogue (though Nozaki-kun and Rail Wars could end up in Animatsu's hands).

As for Manga UK, well that's going to be a tough one because I doubt they will be releasing any more Funimation titles besides Evangelion: 3.33 (which should be re-announced this weekend), Hellsing Ultimate IX-X (where in the hell is this release at?) and of course Danganronpa the Animation. My guess is that they will acquire Hunter x Hunter 2011, and on behalf of Kaze, One Punch Man.

NormanicGrav said:
IncendiaryLemon said:

Yeah we can pretty much assume Hanamonogatari and Tsukimonogatari will be next at some point (I can see why they didn't release them, Hana ended up as a separate OVA series instead of being part of Second Season so I presume the license was separate also).

Other possible MVM titles could be Brynhildr in the Darkness, Sasami-san@Ganbaranai, The Irregular at Magic High School, Monthly Girl Nozaki-kun and Rail Wars - all of which are from Hanabee's catalogue (though Nozaki-kun and Rail Wars could end up in Animatsu's hands).

Little suggestion about future MVM licenses. It might be worth looking beyond Australia for potential titles. Of November's release slate, only one title has had an Australian release. The rest have seen English language releases in the US though. I'm hoping for Non Non Biyori.

Just Passing Through said:
NormanicGrav said:
IncendiaryLemon said:

Little suggestion about future MVM licenses. It might be worth looking beyond Australia for potential titles. Of November's release slate, only one title has had an Australian release. The rest have seen English language releases in the US though. I'm hoping for Non Non Biyori.
Speaking of beyond Australia my first thought was about NIS America given MVM have released Premium versions of Eccentric and NagiAsu. Perhaps they could go after shows like Genshiken Second Generation, Kotoura-san and My Little Monster.

Non Non Biyori would be fantastic. Also Kinmoza, but that goes without saying for me :p

Andrew not going to be at the Anime Limited panel? A bit odd but guess he'll be busy.

I'm not expecting anything interesting for me, that way I won't be disappointed lol but really, I hope for at least one show I'd like to buy I'm just struggling to think of recent shows that I'd like to buy tbh. Maybe Anime Limited will grab a classic show and give it a decent release.

Buzzkillington said:
Maybe Anime Limited will grab a classic show and give it a decent release.

I cant remember the thread, and I cant find the post, but im positive that some mentioned how the types of shows AL first licensed and released were more his cup of tea, and Andrew mentioned how if the titles the poster mentioned were a sign of what he wanted then he might like what is announced the MCM in London

I'll endeavour to find the post in question!

britguy said:
Buzzkillington said:
Maybe Anime Limited will grab a classic show and give it a decent release.

I cant remember the thread, and I cant find the post, but im positive that some mentioned how the types of shows AL first licensed and released were more his cup of tea, and Andrew mentioned how if the titles the poster mentioned were a sign of what he wanted then he might like what is announced the MCM in London

I'll endeavour to find the post in question!
Yeah, that was me he was replying to lol that's why I live in hope, just can't think what it could be.

NormanicGrav said:
IncendiaryLemon said:

As for Manga UK, well that's going to be a tough one because I doubt they will be releasing any more Funimation titles besides Evangelion: 3.33 (which should be re-announced this weekend), Hellsing Ultimate IX-X (where in the hell is this release at?) and of course Danganronpa the Animation. My guess is that they will acquire Hunter x Hunter 2011, and on behalf of Kaze, One Punch Man.

MVM already confirmed they have Sasami-san at the last Expo I believe :)

--

I'm going to be at work during all of these panels, gutted but you guys are great for posting the news so I'm very much looking forward to lots of reading once I get home Sunday :thumb:

Dannielle said:
MVM already confirmed they have Sasami-san at the last Expo I believe :)

--

I'm going to be at work during all of these panels, gutted but you guys are great for posting the news so I'm very much looking forward to lots of reading once I get home Sunday :thumb:

I'm losing my mind here. Cheers for the correction. :lol:

Ahhh, MCM is here again... can you taste the excitement and anticipation of new licenses in the air?

This set of announcements has the potential to be very interesting and excitifying indeed. I'm keen to see if that Gundam / Sunrise panel makes its way online at some point. Any talk of how they're going to proceed with my favourite giant robot franchise in the UK ought to be worth listening to. Hopefully there'll be some clarification fo formats, shows, etc. I'm not taking it for granted that well get everything announced Stateside at this point.

Anime Limited:
Prediction - Mind Game
Hope - Mind Game, Millennium Actress, Genius Party, Gunbuster and Future Boy Conan

Did I mention Mind Game?

Anime Limited (Sunrise's Gundam franchise):
Prediction - what RightStuf already announced for 2016
Hope - Space Runaway Ideon announcement as a side note

I don't know if it's too early but maybe something on Sound! Euphonium? I'm pretty sure PonyCan already have release plans so would it be unrealistic to expect something from a UK distributor?

I have my fingers crossed for Shirobako and Your Lie In April license announcements.

Interesting guesses but can't comment yet - keep guessing though!

Got a load of announcements so expect something a day ;).

Also I'm not on as am giving Kat a chance to shine for once - I'll be on the Sunrise panel and on the Anime Ltd stand if folks do want to catch up though :D.

I have no idea what people are going to announce.

My guess would have been that either MVM or AL will announce a raft of Aniplex titles, but their recent shows have been quite uninspiring so I hope that's not the case. I think Andrew might have been bluffing about not having UK rights to the three Project Itoh films, I'd be quite excited about those.

My hope from recent seasons is that Rampo Kitan gets pried from FUNi's cold dead hands, but I appreciate that I'm probably the only person that wants that. AL has AssClass, which is from the same studio, director, screenwriter and licensor, so it's not beyond the realm of possibility.

I wonder if Andrews absence and "giving Kat a chance to shine" could point towards that panel being an announcement for one of the shows she was after...?

Cardcaptor Sakura was one wasn't it? sure there were others...???

I believe there was a joke about them picking up Cardcaptur or Sailor Moon. I very doubt they have either...

Back