MCM London Comic Con October 2015 Announcements

Re: MCM Comic Con October 23-25 2015 Announcements - Schedule Revealed

I'm just hoping the Gundam panel isn't an elaborate troll to announce they've actually licensed Macross :p

HellCat said:
I'm just hoping the Gundam panel isn't an elaborate troll to announce they've actually licensed Macross :p

LOL no I think they will announce mainly Gundam maybe something else though

thedoctor2016 said:
Im worried about gundam as the US announcements were mainly DVD and we haven't got turn A or MSG on DVD like the US have with this deal so I'm not too sure it might just be build fighters meh!

I'm actually quite welcoming of DVD editions of the Gundam shows Stateside. I'd be REALLY surprised if the UK got everything that Sunrise are currently offering. And with the amount of grumbles I'm hearing about the asking price for '79 Gundam, I'm kind of interested it see how well it sells. So.... I have an eye on the US industry should I feel the need to import anything that doesn't make it over here.

I'm also really looking forward to Build Fighters and TRY, for what it's worth. They seem like fun little shows that play against the typical Gundam story tropes.

Hmm... Can we still guess at the AL announcements... what if I think I may have found evidence... I don't want to spoil a surprise if true...

msgeek said:
Hmm... Can we still guess at the AL announcements... what if I think I may have found evidence... I don't want to spoil a surprise if true...

You can tell me (via PM if you insist), I like spoilers (in some ways). :lol:

Got some of em PMs.....

Just spoiler tag it, I'm curious what you think it is and what your evidence is lol :p

Well I don't understand the licence situation well enough to even know if it is a possibility.

But I couldn't find the following image linked in any of their articles

The evidence
http://blog.alltheanime.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/the_melancholy_of_haruhi__306_1024-850x711.jpg

If true my betting is
That's the one Kat gets to announce?

Although tbh it could totally be a red herring.

edit: had to unurl the spoiler with the url in it as it was visible through the spoiler (at least to me)

Last edited by a moderator:

If true then I'd be a happy man. Never watched the show but always wanted to and have contemplated importing the Japanese blu rays many a time.

The Web link in spoiler didn't really work lol.

Only other thing the image could be for is a blog entry from a contributor... (which hasn't gone live yet)

I have a feeling they might also announce Lucky Star as well. Kat also wanted that show and both Lucky Star and Haruhi are connected by references and studio as well as voice actors. In addition both shows are Funi titles in the states and are from Kadokawa in Japan.

Heh, good job Msgeek.

UPDATE: This could also be a gateway license for The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan as well.

Oh, pretty much of zero interest to me but I know a few people who'd be really happy about it.

*In fact I take that back, I might try it.....

britguy said:
Only other thing the image could be for is a blog entry from a contributor... (which hasn't gone live yet)

You can still see it when going to the URL though right?

You never know... knock everything after the / off the end of the URL and there may be "evidence" of other stuff...

I'm hoping that said title, if accurate gets an ultimate Edition :)

Both seasons and the movie. Unsure of the licensing of the latter as manga released it at some point in the UK but wouldn't surprise me if the license has reverted back to Japan, or failing that, the bluray rights being completely separate

msgeek said:
britguy said:

You can still see it when going to the URL though right?

You never know... knock everything after the / off the end of the URL and there may be "evidence" of other stuff...

Do you think they might also have..
The Case of Hana & Alice

Of course it was part of SLA but to have the main title logo I haven't seen it used anywhere else and it was added on October 12th, same day as Haruhi.

I'd be super happy with both Haruhi and Lucky Star. Two shows I've wanted to see for ages but haven't due to availability.

NormanicGrav said:
Do you think they might also have..
[spoilerbutton]The Case of Hana & Alice

Of course it was part of SLA but to have the main title logo I haven't seen it used anywhere else and it was added on October 12th, same day as Haruhi.[/spoilerbutton]
I really hope so, I hear it was bloody fantastic. I fully expect Anime Limited to pick it up.

Back