MCM London Comic Con October 2015 Announcements

Re: MCM Comic Con October 2015 Announcements - Day 1: Today 3pm: Anime Ltd Panel Part 1

I have my fingers and toes crossed for Mind Game and/or Millennium Actress, which are probably my most realistic/likely wanted titles

Re: MCM Comic Con October 2015 Announcements - Day 1: Today 3pm: Anime Ltd Panel Part 1

Also a big fan of Katanagatari here, so while I'm not really hopeful of an announcement, it would be pretty cool.

Other stuff I'd love to see but probably won't:
- Eureka Seven on blu-ray
- Millennium Actress on blu-ray
- Paranoia Agent on blu-ray
- Some form of Nichijou release
- A Tatami-Galaxy re-release
- Gunbuster/Diebuster re-release
- Cencoroll... Yeah?

Edit: Wonder if anyone is going to announce "The Place Promised in Our Early Days" too...........................

Just got back to hotel from MCM to drop a bunch of stuff off. Picked up all the new AL BR's except Baccano. Jeremy said it hadn't turned up and they are expecting it tomorrow. I enquired about pricing and he said they expect it to be below £40.

*praying the Gundam sets are there tomorrow*

I've added the Anime Limited MCM Deals to the first post - figured there are people on this forum who want to know them, feel free to let me know if there's any more deals on their selection.

@Grav
msgeek said:
Gundam doesn't have a price on it and my receipt is only for the total amount. But if I subtract the prices for everything else from the total it comes out to £40.

BlackStrat said:
@Grav
msgeek said:
Gundam doesn't have a price on it and my receipt is only for the total amount. But if I subtract the prices for everything else from the total it comes out to £40.
Also seems Baccano is £36. Kinda funny as I remember them saying a while back that the prices would be above those paid if you buy from retailers as to not upset them, yet everything seems to be cheaper lol.

Well I did have a amazon pre-order on Baccano in at £32.44 but I'll take the £3.54 hit to get it early :D

REMINDER:

The Anime Limited Panel Part 1 is starting very soon, both UK Anime Network and Anime Blu-ray UK are reporting the news on Twitter so I'll be paying attention to those. Don't be surprised if we don't hear anything new since Part 1 mainly covers their current catalogue as far as I'm aware.

The Animatsu/Manga UK Panel starts straight after.

Anime Limited Panel - Part 1

Note: Part 1 features Jeremy Graves and Kat Hall. Part 2 will have Andrew.

*All the news from the panel will go here*

Here we go!

*New Announcement* Expelled From Paradise (Rakuen Tsuihou)
- Details: Film from Toei Animation & Aniplex. Theatrically released November 2014
- Witness the Urobutcher film in 2016.

*New Announcement* The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu) Season 1
- Details: 14 episode series from studio Kyoto Animation. Aired April 2006.
- Note that Manga UK still own the rights to Season 2, Haruhi-chan and The Disappearance film.
- Blu-ray confirmed for 2016 release.

*New Announcement* NINJA SLAYER FROM ANIMATION
- Details: 26 episode series from studio Trigger. Aired April 2015.
- DOMO! Coming in 2016 SA-YO-NA-RAAA!!! *explosions*

*New Announcement* Tokyo ESP
- Details: 12 episode series from studio Xebec. Aired July 2014.
- From the creator of Ga-Rei! Coming 2016.

Turn A Gundam
- Confirmed prior to panel, they stated it will be coming soon to the UK.

Q1 schedule
- Durarara!! x2's first arc is scheduled for February 2016.
- Expelled from Paradise is scheduled for a January 25th release on DVD and Blu-ray.
- Fuse: Memoirs of a Huntress is now scheduled for an early January 2016 release.
- Makoto Shinkai: Voices of a Distant Star/Place Promised in Our Early Days Pack set for February 2016.
- Miss Hokusai is scheduled for a March 2016 DVD and Blu-ray release.
- Ping Pong the Animation set for January 11th, plans afoot for extra bits for the Collector's Edition.
- Terror in Resonance will be released as an Ultimate Edition in March or April 2016.
- Tokyo ESP is scheduled for February 2016.

Other Topics
- More Gundam coming in 2016
- They've spoken about their latest titles, Full Metal Panic!, Mobile Suit Gundam, Baccano! etc.
- The Makoto Shinkai Voices of a Distant Star / Place Promised in Our Early Days double pack may be getting a Steelbook release.
- Durarara!! x2's first arc will be released as one collection.
- Terror in Resonance gets the Ultimate Edition treatment. Combo Pack as well. No other info yet.

Question & Answer
Will the "Director's Cut" versions of Haruhi Suzumiya Season 1 used for the Season 2 broadcast be released?
- Not known at this time.

Arslan release date?
- Anime Limited have confirmed that they only have digital rights for The Heroic Legend of Arslan at this time.

Escaflowne Ultimate Edition?
- This Ultimate Edition is still waiting on confirmation of a potential dub of its Director's Cut edition. Still scheduled for 2016.

Sword Art Online II Extras?
- "We include everything we're provided with"

"What's up with Beck?"
- There's an issue with the masters that Anime Limited are trying to correct. Due to the delay to Beck's DVD release, Anime Limited are investigating whether a Blu-ray release would be possible.

Any plans to release The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan?
- "Nothing in the works at this time, but we are looking into it"

Question surrounding JoJo's UK release
- It gains a very diplomatic answer from Mr. Graves.

How long does it take to design a product from start to finish?
- It usually takes around 6 weeks.

Re: MCM Comic Con October 2015 Announcements - Day 1: Anime Ltd Panel Part 1 Started

Just a quick thanks for writing all this up!

Figured I'd add some reactions in this post as well:

AL:
Tokyo ESP was kinda cool, pleased there's going to be a release. Could take or leave the rest (I'll probably end up buying and liking Haruhi though...).

Manga UK:
Eh, not that fussed about any of the announcements. Promised I wouldn't buy Eva 3.33 after the absolute mess the release has become, but I'm a massive hypocrite so I'll probably pick it up anyway (if it does ever come out).

Re: MCM Comic Con October 2015 Announcements - Day 1: Anime Ltd Panel Part 1 Started

Tokyo Esp sounds like another Blood Lad where there'll never be a season 2! I really need to start reading Manga if I want to enjoy these stories fully!

britguy said:
Only season 1 of Suzumiya?

Only one season is worth having. I wish people wouldn't announce titles that I just finished rewatching last week! Even if it is on Blu-ray...

I guess that means season 2 as well. It's probably a package deal for those masters.

Just Passing Through said:
britguy said:

Only one season is worth having. I wish people wouldn't announce titles that I just finished rewatching last week! Even if it is on Blu-ray...

I guess that means season 2 as well. It's probably a package deal for those masters.

Nope, Manga have the rights to season 2 and the movie still :(

Ah well, after reading about the endless 8 episodes, I'm not too fussed, as the original run is supposed to be great.

EDIT - DELAYS!!!

Thanks for doing this, Normanic!

I'm all for extra stuff in the Ping Pong CE.

Just Passing Through said:
britguy said:

Only one season is worth having. I wish people wouldn't announce titles that I just finished rewatching last week!

I don't know. I'd love to get the movie too (damn Manga). Season 2 would probably be a hard sell, considering the whole Endless 8 issue.

Back