MCM London Comic Con October 2015 Announcements

Re: MCM Comic Con October 2015 Announcements - Day 1: Animatsu/Manga UK Panel Started

The art for "Is It Wrong...." looks decent, i'll investigate that. One Punch Man is something I wanted to see more of, shame it's Kaze!

Re: MCM Comic Con October 2015 Announcements - Day 1: Animatsu/Manga UK Panel Started

britguy said:
Code Geass! :excited: KAZE :NOOOOOOO:
Well code geass the series was kaze so I think we saw this coming. I have the code geass kaze blu rays and they are pretty terrible, never going to buy another kaze release. Definately

black1blade said:
britguy said:
Code Geass! :excited: KAZE :NOOOOOOO:
Well code geass the series was kaze so I think we saw this coming. I have the code geass kaze blu rays and they are pretty terrible, never going to buy another kaze release. Definately

Yeah I have them, and it was my first experience with Code Geass. I only really no'd because I'd have loved AL to get them, but yes, it was to be expected. I'll still buy if they're BD

- edit -

My Love Story looks like fun.

Blimey, the number of licenses here is rather astounding, though I suppose it's because there are two (3 if you count Kaze) companies on show. Not many i'll personally buy, but still a few decent looking ones.

Egads! Animatsu want to eat up so much of my money from these announcements...

Then again they hadn't announced much recently.

Interesting how there were no Manga UK license announcements.

Glad I got the JP release of Code Geass Akito the Exiled. Nooooooo kaze have One-Punch Man *sobs*. Was going to get Sentai's release of Haikyu!! but I'll wait now for animatsu's instead.

A sports anime being released in the UK? I didn't think I'd ever see the day.

Well, a lot of those Animatsu announcements are now on my wish list. That doesn't mean I'll be buying them all, but a lot of them at least sound interesting enough to consider buying at the time.

Still no sign of anyone jumping in bed with Funimation yet, but MVM and AL hopefully have more to announce this weekend.

BanzaiJedi said:
A sports anime being released in the UK? I didn't think I'd ever see the day.

Well, a lot of those Animatsu announcements are now on my wish list. That doesn't mean I'll be buying them all, but a lot of them at least sound interesting enough to consider buying at the time.

Still no sign of anyone jumping in bed with Funimation yet, but MVM and AL hopefully have more to announce this weekend.

And Funi have a lot of my titles like Free eternal summer

Here's an interesting fact:
High School DxD New will also not be released by Manga Entertainment as they can't get the UK rights from FUNimation Entertainment any more.

FUNimation Entertainment have "other plans" for UK rights of their properties, but it's unknown what they are.

My guess is FUNi is entering the UK market next year.

NormanicGrav said:

Blimey, as long as they can do releases of the same quality as their USA arm, then this could be really good for anime fans like myself who do not import.

NormanicGrav said:
Here's an interesting fact:
High School DxD New will also not be released by Manga Entertainment as they can't get the UK rights from FUNimation Entertainment any more.

FUNimation Entertainment have "other plans" for UK rights of their properties, but it's unknown what they are.

Hmm i hope not its overcrowded as it tbh i want animatsu and manga to merge back

If that's true then could Anime Limited's success with collector's editions in the UK market have caught Funi's attention? They'd only start operating over here if they believed there was decent money to be made.

britguy said:
NormanicGrav said:

Blimey, as long as they can do releases of the same quality as their USA arm, then this could be really good for anime fans like myself who do not import.
Or maybe it was a subtle dig at AL after Jerome said they were in bed with FUNi a while back... guess we'll have to wait and see.

I always wondered why FUNi never released here themselves considering how many of their releases are region free? slap some BBFC logos on the box and print a few hundred more copies. Jobs a good un :p

Hmm. I think there might be a tie up between FUNi and AL at least temporarily, because Gangsta. and Blood Blockade Battlefront were both confirmed AL acquisitions, yet both had secondary streaming deals from FUNi (Gangsta.'s case on Daisuki, BBB's case on Animax). Perhaps AL are distributing on behalf of FUNi?

Animatsu will some decent titles. Will definitely be getting Haikyuu and SNAFU.

Back