What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

That's indeed huge... Could it be that the Terror in Resonance height is the same as the width of the gits one?
No as seen in the photo it's smaller. I placed the TiR set on top of the bottom left of the GITS SAC box to show the size difference.

Yup as seen in an earlier picture its length means it barely fits on my bookshelf. The booklet contained within is great so far.
Can something that large be called a booklet? I’m assuming same size as the set and not some weird small thing. Not really bothered looking at the pics as tbh the release doesn’t interest me.

Can something that large be called a booklet? I’m assuming same size as the set and not some weird small thing. Not really bothered looking at the pics as tbh the release doesn’t interest me.
Meant to say book seems my autocorrect is used to the word. It's a superb series so maybe the DVD sets would be an alternative? It's a shame it's not available on streaming afaik.

Meant to say book seems my autocorrect is used to the word. It's a superb series so maybe the DVD sets would be an alternative? It's a shame it's not available on streaming afaik.
Don’t get me wrong I’ve seen it before, just have no desire for that set.

Since the GitS set has a 4-disc-per-panel Digipak inside, I assume it will be of similar dimensions to my Garden of Sinners LE box set from Japan, just narrower on the spine - although GoS is packed inside a cardboard storage box so that will be even a bit larger. I'll just store it with the GoS set and my Funimation Fullmetal Achemist CE briefcase set.

No as seen in the photo it's smaller. I placed the TiR set on top of the bottom left of the GITS SAC box to show the size difference.
Oh I meant the other size, like if you turn TiR around 90 degrees, does it align on the shorter side of gits.

Oh I meant the other size, like if you turn TiR around 90 degrees, does it align on the shorter side of gits.
I can check that later but from what I can see it's quite a bit smaller in all aspects than the SAC set.

Looks like the best shot I would theoretically have is to store it next to my artbooks. But that would also bust, if it's wider than ~1cm than the height of Terror in Resonance.

... Or I wait for standards. I still have those two nice beez chipboxes from the DVD release which I didn't part from unlike the DVDs. (Though putting in BDs in DVD boxes has this gap on top.)

Afaik manga aren't releasing standard sets of the Blu Rays, this is the only set they're putting out.

Afaik manga aren't releasing standard sets of the Blu Rays, this is the only set they're putting out.
Can't see Manga not putting out standards of this, too much money left on the table otherwise. Probably going to follow the AL model of releasing them a couple of months after the deluxe set sells out.

I thought they confirmed that no standard editions were coming via twitter? In any case if I they do standards that'd be good for those who don't care for the packaging.
IMG_1428.PNG

I thought they confirmed that no standard editions were coming via twitter? In any case if I they do standards that'd be good for those who don't care for the packaging.
View attachment 3703
All that says is there are no standards currently planned as of March, doesn't mean they won't release them at a later date. I would expect Manga to have at least 1st GiG out as a standard release within the next 12 months.

All that says is there are no standards currently planned as of March, doesn't mean they won't release them at a later date. I would expect Manga to have at least 1st GiG out as a standard release within the next 12 months.
Fair enough that does make sense apologies for my misinterpretation.

I guess I'll leave it at low priority then until it may come out or not. There is also the French AL one over there, though looks like the same oversized thing. Germany also has some not oversized ones, for 2 years already, but I was preferring the English dub.
To bad the French and English don't have shared discs. The Beez DVDs had both dubs and I was watching them kinda mixed around the first time.

Back