What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

Patient-X

Railgun
IMG_20180529_120826936-01.jpeg

Appleseed from @HWR , it's actually in better condition than I thought. Thanks.

I'm glad The Matrix came in a slip because the inside cover is a bit rabbity :)

IMG_20180529_120945806-01.jpeg

Reactions: HWR

Baggie_Saiyan

Thousand Master
Yes it's as bad as those screenshots massive pixelation of the image in dark scenes, very noticeable even when it isn't paused.
Have took a few photos of my copy to show you (note pictures took by my phone camera of TV)
I had to use the money I set aside for this release to give to the never ending greed of professional bodies needless to say I'd much rather still have spent the money on this release.

ayase

State Alchemist
That is genuinely terrible. It looks like the result of a school project to redesign a poster for your favourite film. Done by a particularly lazy student who does their homework on the morning it's due to be handed in, like I used to.

Also I'm guessing the HDR label is non-removable and printed onto the cover, this generation's version of the bloody blue top band that tells you it's a Blu-ray, just in case the fact it's in a Blu-ray case with a Blu-ray logo on wasn't enough of a tip off.

IncendiaryLemon

Captain Karen
AUKN Staff
That is genuinely terrible. It looks like the result of a school project to redesign a poster for your favourite film. Done by a particularly lazy student who does their homework on the morning it's due to be handed in, like I used to.

Also I'm guessing the HDR label is non-removable and printed onto the cover, this generation's version of the bloody blue top band that tells you it's a Blu-ray, just in case the fact it's in a Blu-ray case with a Blu-ray logo on wasn't enough of a tip off.
I agree. I’m a huge advocate for slipcovers having different artwork than the actual case art, but when I saw how bad the inside cover looked compared to how cool the new art on the slip is, I was very disappointed. They also use the artwork with the rabbit on the menu of the 4K disc too, and it just makes it feel cheap, despite the exorbitant costs of 4K BDs.

Luna

Pokémon Master
I was baffled for a moment Matrix even had rabbits. (And I watch stuff for rabbits at that.) oo"

Patient-X

Railgun

The HDR label is printed. Some studios use stickers which are better.

Joe

Magical Girl
Been wanting this for a while, but the UK doesn't have a BD, but I saw this pop up on eBay for cheap.

Also, the latest episode of "Joe buys a bunch of Japanese language manga for cheap off eBay in the hopes he'll be able to actually read it one day, maybe".

(yes, the fact vol.7 doesn't have an obi bugs me)

Luna

Pokémon Master
Also, the latest episode of "Joe buys a bunch of Japanese language manga for cheap off eBay in the hopes he'll be able to actually read it one day, maybe".

(yes, the fact vol.7 doesn't have an obi bugs me)
Just out of curiosity how cheap was that (and would you take off some of my jp manga for the right price. *cough*)

Joe

Magical Girl
Just out of curiosity how cheap was that (and would you take off some of my jp manga for the right price. *cough*)
I paid about £12.50 for it. I had a wee look through the list of JP stuff you're selling, nothing there that interests me, sorry!

Winkuru

School Idol
These should keep me busy for a while.

I also got the Nonary game collection for PS4 but it's still waiting me at the postage office (going to pick it up tomorrow) I already played Virtues Last Reward on Vita so i mainly bought it for the updated version of 999. I couldn't really get into the DS version because it didn't have the option to choose branching points like the sequels. This meant that you had to start from the very beginning every time which was really off putting (if haven't been lied to this is fixed in the PS4 version) It also didn't really help that at the time that i wasn't prepared for the more "outrageous stuff".

HWR

CCG’s Reaper
AUKN Staff
These should keep me busy for a while.

I also got the Nonary game collection for PS4 but it's still waiting me at the postage office (going to pick it up tomorrow) I already played Virtues Last Reward on Vita so i mainly bought it for the updated version of 999. I couldn't really get into the DS version because it didn't have the option to choose branching points like the sequels. This meant that you had to start from the very beginning every time which was really off putting (if haven't been lied to this is fixed in the PS4 version) It also didn't really help that at the time that i wasn't prepared for the more "outrageous stuff".

Didn't even know that said collection had been released, will have to pick it up at some point.