What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

Derw6btXUAAlOZo.jpg

After a month's lack of anime purchases I'm back with another one - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust. This is basically the Discotek releases converted into Anime Limited style which is a plus, since Discotek are one of the best out there (in my opinion). Nice set overall.

I didn't even realise this was a thing. Might go for this as I've never read the manga, how many of the individual volumes in each HC?
Well this volume has the first six chapters plus some cool concept sketches. Not sure about the rest I'm afraid.

It's based on the Japanese kanzenban releases, which was 18 volumes, yeah.
So twice as many as the 3-in-1 volumes and thus more than twice the cost because they are a little more per volume, seems a bit odd to me. Its not just the cost, I much prefer softbacks for reading as well.

So twice as many as the 3-in-1 volumes and thus more than twice the cost because they are a little more per volume, seems a bit odd to me. Its not just the cost, I much prefer softbacks for reading as well.
These hardbacks also include all the colour pages, the singles and the 3 in 1 volumes do not.

FME also has far better paper quality the 3in1's. Better paper quality = more expensive.

I'll probably end up getting the FME myself. Just annoying having to wait for them all to be released.

These hardbacks also include all the colour pages, the singles and the 3 in 1 volumes do not.
FME also has far better paper quality the 3in1's. Better paper quality = more expensive.

I'll probably end up getting the FME myself. Just annoying having to wait for them all to be released.
But no extra story, am I right? Still doesn't seem worth it to me.
I see there is now a boxset for all the 3-in-1s, second time that's happened after I've brought all the volumes individually. Happened with Akira.

Completely the other way around for me, as long as the hardback is properly bound and not just a paperback glued into a hard cover. Spine strength and pages lying relatively flat is important - I would probably destroy the spines of those 3 in 1 paperback volumes.

That said, I would have expected the hardbacks to compile more volumes in each, that's quite disappointing.

But no extra story, am I right? Still doesn't seem worth it to me.
I see there is now a boxset for all the 3-in-1s, second time that's happened after I've brought all the volumes individually. Happened with Akira.

It's like the difference between a Blu-ray and DVD, you have to pay a little extra for the superior quality!

I feel you with the boxsets. Same thing happened to me with A Silent Voice only a few months after I bought them. :mad:

For whatever reason the pages on mine were wavy, but I've seen copies where they were fine so it's likely a mini fat
View attachment 3666
Will likely send this back for a replacement since the pages are all warped
My replacement had the same issue though it was less severe. Not sure if this was an Amazon stock issue or not, I'll see how the copies in Forbidden Planet are when I go there next.

For whatever reason the pages on mine were wavy, but I've seen copies where they were fine so it's likely a mini fat

My replacement had the same issue though it was less severe. Not sure if this was an Amazon stock issue or not, I'll see how the copies in Forbidden Planet are when I go there next.
At least FP it is eligible for the 3 for 2 offer. Kinda bs they've restricted it to Viz now instead of all manga and lns.

How was that GitS set packed for shipping? Was it in a box with decent packing inside? Mine has to make it all the way to the US without damage, and I'm just worried a bit because it's so big and heavy...

Ugh, now I am worried even more. So much for undamaged box corners. Was it a Coldseal wrap, or something heavier, like a wraparound with the cardboard wings at the ends? The Coldseal wraps at least seem to do fairly well because of the tackiness on the inside holds the box tight from moving at all.

Back