The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a thread)

Discussion in 'General Anime Chit-Chat' started by sora, Jul 5, 2014.

1. HdE

HdE Comic Book Guy

Quick question for anybody with the Discotek DVD release of Gun Frontier:

I've noticed on my copy, which was brand new out of the box, that disc one has a few visual issues. This is noticeable during episodes 4 and 5.

The most noticeable glitch is during episode 5 at about 16 minutes in. Suddenly I get a chequerboard pattern on the screen for about a second. There's also a notable instance of de-rezzing early in episode 4, where the visuals become blocky for a moment.

I'm thinking I may just have a bad disc. But if anyone's noticed similar, I'd be REALLY grateful if you could let me know.

2. msgeek

msgeek Magical Girl

Well wait until it fully dies then you have nothing to lose? Search youtube for something like "clean lens modal name" chances are someone has made a video on how to do it and it's usually quite simple. In my experience BD players are a lot simpler than games consoles..

3. Watanabe Ken

Watanabe Ken Great Teacher

I ordered some manga from book depositary thru Amazon marketplace last Thursday and it still says preparing for dispatch is this common or should I complain?

4. Demelza

Demelza Adventuring Alchemist AUKN Staff

For book depositary that's fairly normal, they take 2-5 working days to deliver but can take 2-4 working days to dispatch on top of that.

Watanabe Ken likes this.
  5. Watanabe Ken

Watanabe Ken Great Teacher

Suppose I can't complain considering how cheap they are compared with Amazon.

6. NamikianCat

NamikianCat Hikikomori

What are some of the best pure horror anime? Not gore but horror, disturbing anime.

7. NoSurprises

NoSurprises Great Teacher

It's a very subtle kind of "Horror", but I had a really good time with Garden of Sinners.

Possibly Boogiepop Phantom or maybe even Paranoia Agent if you're into more atmospheric type stuff.

8. Neil.T

Neil.T Hunter

Not sure whether it would qualify as "horror", but Serial Experiments Lain is pretty disturbing (and confusing!) in its own way.

MVM recently re-released it as a Blu-ray+DVD Collector's Edition set, and it's one of my personal all-time favourites.

9. Peachy

Peachy Bumpkin AUKN Staff

Now and Then, Here and There comes to mind.

10. DragonBlaze67

DragonBlaze67 Pokémon Master

Is there any release of Beyond the Boundary apart from Sentai's CE that has the OVA?

11. IncendiaryLemon

IncendiaryLemon Captain Karen AUKN Staff

The Australian one does IIRC. You may want to double check that with someone else though.

12. Dave1988

Dave1988 Adventurer

What are wowhd like for getting customs etc? Want order legend of korra for 33 pound

13. unknownfate

unknownfate Thousand Master

Apparently no customs

14. Dave1988

Dave1988 Adventurer

Thanks for quick reply will take a shot

15. Patient-X

Patient-X Adventurer

I've ordered lots from wowhd and have never once had any problems with customs.

Dave1988 likes this.
  16. Dave1988

Dave1988 Adventurer

Thanks ordered it._. They have some reasonable prices on th stuff i want :)

HWR likes this.
  17. HWR

HWR Thousand Master

Wow HD had two of the now OOP Ranma 1/2 sets for £23 a while back, and I've used them several times since.
    Bought A Scanner Darkly from them for £4.20 the other day.

No customs, and nothing has arrived damaged either

18. NormanicGrav

NormanicGrav The Eagle-Eyed Member Moderator

If it helps I bought One Punch Man LE for £42 on WOWHD. Dispatched on Thursday 27th April and arrived Monday 8th May. No customs.

19. Buzzkillington

Buzzkillington Pokémon Master

Anyone have any experience buying from the online HMV store? Curious what the packaging is like as I've been meaning to pick up the Shinkai twinpack and they seem the cheapest.

Is this region free?

20. Lambadelta

Lambadelta Thousand Master

I bought the Shinkai twinpark from HMV. I had it delivered to a HMV store, but I imagine the packaging would be the same for a home address.

It was a stiff cardboard box in a similar design to amazon's but a bit more stiff. My set had no damage.