1. Welcome to the new Anime UK News forums! Please view this thread for more information regarding your account and the forums. If you can't log in, your password has been blanked and will need to be reset.
    Dismiss Notice

The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a thread)

Discussion in 'General Anime Chit-Chat' started by sora, Jul 5, 2014.

1. HdE

HdE Comic Book Guy

Quick question for anybody with the Discotek DVD release of Gun Frontier:

I've noticed on my copy, which was brand new out of the box, that disc one has a few visual issues. This is noticeable during episodes 4 and 5.

The most noticeable glitch is during episode 5 at about 16 minutes in. Suddenly I get a chequerboard pattern on the screen for about a second. There's also a notable instance of de-rezzing early in episode 4, where the visuals become blocky for a moment.

I'm thinking I may just have a bad disc. But if anyone's noticed similar, I'd be REALLY grateful if you could let me know.

2. msgeek

msgeek Hunter

Well wait until it fully dies then you have nothing to lose? Search youtube for something like "clean lens modal name" chances are someone has made a video on how to do it and it's usually quite simple. In my experience BD players are a lot simpler than games consoles..