1. Welcome to the new Anime UK News forums! Please view this thread for more information regarding your account and the forums. If you can't log in, your password has been blanked and will need to be reset.
    Dismiss Notice

The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a thread)

Discussion in 'General Anime Chit-Chat' started by sora, Jul 5, 2014.

1. Buzzkillington

Buzzkillington Stand User

Cool, I'll stick in an order then.

2. HWR

HWR School Idol

It is yeah, I own the individual series' and they all play on my PS3 and PS4 and these should be the same discs

3. Buzzkillington

Awesome, been meaning to watch the rest as I dropped it after season one because the ending annoyed the crap out of me, but I hear old lady Toph shows up later soooooo.....

HWR likes this.
  4. Dave1988

Dave1988 Kiznaiver

It is yeh

5. DragonBlaze67

DragonBlaze67 Stand User

Has anyone got the AUS blu rays of Beyond the Boundary and Durarara X2? The runtimes seem to the longer than the UK sets so I was hoping they had the OVAs which weren't included in the UK sets.

6. IncendiaryLemon

IncendiaryLemon Captain Karen AUKN Staff

Can't comment on Durarara, but BtB has the OVA the UK release doesn't.

7. DragonBlaze67

DragonBlaze67 Stand User

That's good, i'll place an order for it on JBHiFi since they have a BOGOF on atm. Might risk getting the Durarara sets if no one knows if the OVAs are on them.

8. thedoctor2016

thedoctor2016 Death Scythe

DRR should not because they are the masters the UK use

9. IncendiaryLemon

IncendiaryLemon Captain Karen AUKN Staff

Does anyone here have the When They Cry Rei blu-rays from Sentai so they can test something for me? I've just watched episode 10 and there was something really off about it, as if there was some sort of slow down. You could especially tell whenever there was a pan, it just looked choppy and messy, and I think there was some ghosting too. Not had an issue with any of the previous episodes. Is this an issue with my disc/set up or is this a known fault?

10. Buzzkillington

Can someone confirm that this is the Limited Edition of OPM? I'm pretty sure it is but it doesn't seem to mention it as far as I can tell....

11. Buzz201

Buzz201 Cardcaptor

It probably is, there's another product called One-Punch Man - Standard Edition...

12. Buzzkillington

Yeah that's my thinking too, feels like a safe bet but I'd hate for it to turn up after a week or 2 and only be a combo set :p

13. Buzz201

Buzz201 Cardcaptor

Maybe tweet them and ask?

14. Morbo

Morbo School Idol

Can confirm it is the limited edition as I pre ordered that version and has arrived

Buzzkillington likes this.
  15. Watanabe Ken

Watanabe Ken Student Council President

What's the deal with The Boy and the Beast why was the uk release cancelled

16. NoSurprises

NoSurprises School Idol

Dunno, I asked studiocanal via both email and their facebook page and was met with silence. I ended up buying the Funimation release as it's region B friendly.

Strat likes this.
  17. Peachy

Peachy Bumpkin AUKN Staff

No idea. Complete radio silence.
    Like NoSurprises above, I've also e-mailed, mentioned it on their FB, as well as tweeting them on multiple occasions & I've received zilch! It's ridiculous.

18. Neil.T

Neil.T Great Teacher

Who decided to give the licence to Studio Banal :p anyway? Other than Ghibli (or anything else they view as being potentially as high-grossing), they have no interest in anime. It annoys me that they just sit back and watch as pots of money roll in every week from their meagre catalogue while our other UK distributors toil away to bring us our anime with comparatively little in the way of profit to show for it.

I suppose The Boy and the Beast is just going to sit there stranded on their list of assets now until the licence times out and someone else can rescue it. :mad:

19. Stiivun

Stiivun Hunter

Does anyone know if the Australian Hannabee sets of Accel World contain the 8 Achel World mini-episodes ? I know the US sets have them, but they're missing on the UK sets from MVM.

20. bailey1985

bailey1985 Straw Hat Pirate

I'm not 100% sure but I believe MVM uses the same discs as Hanabee.