The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a thread)

I've never seen the Vinland Saga manga so can't really say why is more expensive but if I had to guess I would think it's because Blame is bigger and maybe because it's so big it has to use a higher quality paper.
Yeah that makes sense. Really tempted to buy them despite the price

Edit: just seen your picture of it.....My god that's a big book I don't think it'll fit on any of my shelves

Last edited:
Anyone seen any sort of press releases to confirm that the English subs from the JP release of This Corner of the World have definitely gone?

There was a bunch of reports saying they'd be included, then they went missing from all the retailer sites (including the official site).

To anyone who is subscribed to Amazon Prime Video, does the third episode of Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha A's have subtitles for you?

I was happily binging the show, but now can't continue due to missing subtitles. It appears that episodes 3, 4, 8, 10 and 14 all lack subtitles.
Sure the subtitles weren't particularly great (incorrect delays, obvious mistakes, etc...), but I'd still prefer having them.:p

To anyone who is subscribed to Amazon Prime Video, does the third episode of Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha A's have subtitles for you?

I was happily binging the show, but now can't continue due to missing subtitles. It appears that episodes 3, 4, 8, 10 and 14 all lack subtitles.
Sure the subtitles weren't particularly great (incorrect delays, obvious mistakes, etc...), but I'd still prefer having them.:p
I have just had a look they've got subtitles for me, It could be related to what device you're watching on, I'm using the app on my LG TV.

I have just had a look they've got subtitles for me, It could be related to what device you're watching on, I'm using the app on my LG TV.
Thanks for checking, the funny thing is I'm also using the app on my LG TV.:D
Now I don't live in the UK, so that might be the cause. Both in the app and on the website it doesn't indicate that those particular episodes have subtitles, while on the AmazonUK site it does.

I just can't understand why there would be a difference, as it's not as if they translated anything and all the details (descriptions, names, release date, etc...) match up exactly with the Amazon UK site.
Anyway, I'll try and contact Amazon and see whether they can fix it.

Is penguin drum any good?

Ooh I literally finished this over the weekend. I enjoyed it, but the series uses a lot of symbolism and is fairly abstract to say the least. I'd say its pretty dialogue heavy, there is a lot of character development and not much action, and the plot only really starts making sense after around episode 13. I've never seen another series quite like it, and I personally would rate it a solid 8 at least. As for other anime that it reminds me of, perhaps a combination of Revolutionary Girl Utena, Yuri Kuma Arashi and Kiznaiver?

Would any seasoned Zavvi customers be able to tell me whether this is even normal?

I live right here in the UK. I placed my first Zavvi order on Monday and got an email the same day saying it had been dispatched (clearly not true). The same day, they charged my debit card 57p at an exchange rate of 22.78, triggering a non-sterling transaction fee from my bank.

The remainder of the cost of the item has still to be collected, and my bank waits to collect what is (presumably) the remainder of their non-sterling transaction fee.

What the hell? Is this normal for Zavvi? I can't see any mention of this on their site.

There's currently a glitch being reported where they try to charge you the full amount but accidentally (!?) charge it in the wrong currency, leading to some unintentionally fantastic discounts. No idea how they are going to resolve it since obviously people are going to be paying fees on the conversions, so uh, enjoy your super-cheap order when it finally arrives.

R

Guess they did fix it, because my Mai Mai Miracle shipped today and my bank reserved the correct Euro amount this time. But then again i ordered it together with Prison School before this wrong conversion stuff happened with Zavvi.

Just try it and let us know :D

Back