The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a thread)

Discussion in 'General Anime Chit-Chat' started by sora, Jul 5, 2014.

1. Dave1988

Dave1988 Adventurer

Thanks for that will check it :)

IncendiaryLemon likes this.
  2. Dan

Dan Thousand Master

Also Anime News Network has the dub cast listed under the Japanese credits for each show/movie

3. DragonBlaze67

DragonBlaze67 Pokémon Master

Does anyone own Madman's release of Persona 4 the Animation? Do they use Kaze's masters/discs?

Part 1 doesn't seem to show up on ebay like Parts 2 & 3, makes me think it might be OOP.

4. Jaysgba

Jaysgba Thousand Master

Madman's release is literally the Manga UK/Kaze discs, complete with BBFC rating.

5. DragonBlaze67

DragonBlaze67 Pokémon Master

Cheers, was worried that would be the case. Oh well might as well just get Kazes releases.

6. Dave1988

Dave1988 Adventurer

Want get Dragonball sets on blu ray which are best to get Dragonball z or kai? Isn't kai just z but lost all the fillers?

7. IncendiaryLemon

IncendiaryLemon Captain Karen AUKN Staff

Yes. Kai is far better, in my opinion. Doesn't waste your time like regular Z and gets straight to the point.

Dan likes this.
  8. Dave1988

Dave1988 Adventurer

Cheers for that never watched any of z only few off the original dragonball

9. crashmatt

crashmatt Thousand Master

hey folks, need some advice.

I want to start the Tenchi Muyo series but have no idea where to start or what order I should watch them in. MAL isn't that clear, can anyone help?

Cheers

10. Just Passing Through

Just Passing Through Guild Member

Personally I'd go with Tenchi Muyo OVA 1, Tenchi Muyo OVA 2, Tenchi movies... stop watching.

Rui and crashmatt like this.
  11. crashmatt

crashmatt Thousand Master

I've seen war on Grimigar and thought it was fantastic. are GXP and Universe not worth bothering with?

12. Just Passing Through

Just Passing Through Guild Member

The first two OVAs and the movies are where the magic's at, with regards to character and emotional depth. OVA 3 stank the place out, and I doubt the new OVAs will do much better. They came too long after the fact, and it feels like a parody of the original. GXP is a Nabeshin comedy. If you like Excel Saga and Puni Puni Poemy, you'll do okay, and the few touches it has with the main story, as well as the way it expands the Tenchi Universe (no pun intended) can be fun.

As for Tenchi in Tokyo, Pretty Sammy, and Tenchi Universe, from what I read about them, they always seemed like they were trying to cash in on the OVAs, keep milking that cash cow, so I never bothered with them. My interest waned after watching the third OVA. Never even came close to Grimigar to form an opinion.

crashmatt likes this.
  13. Dave1988

Dave1988 Adventurer

Goin sound like a total noob but have been lookin at the gundam sets and noticed reconguist is not dubbed? Why's this?

14. Peachy

Peachy Bumpkin AUKN Staff

Hey, anyone know if the MVM's Bakemonogatari & Nisemonogatari Complete Blu-Ray sets have reverse sleeves with clean spines?

I'm no expert on these matters but I'd presume it was because the series 1) Had poor streaming numbers & 2) Didn't go down well with fans.

15. Buzz201

Buzz201 Cardcaptor

I've just checked my copies, neither has reversible art at all. The insides are plain white.

Peachy likes this.
  16. Peachy

Peachy Bumpkin AUKN Staff

Bummer. Thank you though!

17. IncendiaryLemon

My region free blu ray player is in the process of slowly dying, so I'm looking to replace it at some point in the near future, however I have a question that I hope someone might be able to shed a little light on. Do I spend a little bit more and get a player capable of 4K upscaling? I mostly watch anime on it, it's rarely anything else, so I'm curious to know if anime does look noticeably better when played back on a 4K upscaling player. Anyone got one?

18. msgeek

msgeek Magical Girl

Slight tangent to your actual question but I have had many successes in dismantling a BD player, cleaning the lens, re-assembling. It has fixed 2*PS3s and 1 region free player for me.

As a more related to your actual question comment, if I were in the market for a new player I would be looking at something that would do UHD native too. (even if to future proof when I get a UHD screen). There are some on Amazon that are region free for BD but the prices are pretty high...

19. IncendiaryLemon

Honestly, if I took it apart, I'd worry I'd never get it back together again haha. But yeah, I'd love to get a UHD one but the Region Free ones are like £400, and I'm not made of money.

20. Jaysgba

Jaysgba Thousand Master

Isn't that only, like, two AoA releases?