The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a thread)

hey folks, need some advice.

I want to start the Tenchi Muyo series but have no idea where to start or what order I should watch them in. MAL isn't that clear, can anyone help?

Cheers

I've seen war on Grimigar and thought it was fantastic. are GXP and Universe not worth bothering with?

The first two OVAs and the movies are where the magic's at, with regards to character and emotional depth. OVA 3 stank the place out, and I doubt the new OVAs will do much better. They came too long after the fact, and it feels like a parody of the original. GXP is a Nabeshin comedy. If you like Excel Saga and Puni Puni Poemy, you'll do okay, and the few touches it has with the main story, as well as the way it expands the Tenchi Universe (no pun intended) can be fun.

As for Tenchi in Tokyo, Pretty Sammy, and Tenchi Universe, from what I read about them, they always seemed like they were trying to cash in on the OVAs, keep milking that cash cow, so I never bothered with them. My interest waned after watching the third OVA. Never even came close to Grimigar to form an opinion.

Hey, anyone know if the MVM's Bakemonogatari & Nisemonogatari Complete Blu-Ray sets have reverse sleeves with clean spines?

Goin sound like a total noob but have been lookin at the gundam sets and noticed reconguist is not dubbed? Why's this?

I'm no expert on these matters but I'd presume it was because the series 1) Had poor streaming numbers & 2) Didn't go down well with fans.

My region free blu ray player is in the process of slowly dying, so I'm looking to replace it at some point in the near future, however I have a question that I hope someone might be able to shed a little light on. Do I spend a little bit more and get a player capable of 4K upscaling? I mostly watch anime on it, it's rarely anything else, so I'm curious to know if anime does look noticeably better when played back on a 4K upscaling player. Anyone got one?

My region free blu ray player is in the process of slowly dying

Slight tangent to your actual question but I have had many successes in dismantling a BD player, cleaning the lens, re-assembling. It has fixed 2*PS3s and 1 region free player for me.

As a more related to your actual question comment, if I were in the market for a new player I would be looking at something that would do UHD native too. (even if to future proof when I get a UHD screen). There are some on Amazon that are region free for BD but the prices are pretty high...

Slight tangent to your actual question but I have had many successes in dismantling a BD player, cleaning the lens, re-assembling. It has fixed 2*PS3s and 1 region free player for me.

As a more related to your actual question comment, if I were in the market for a new player I would be looking at something that would do UHD native too. (even if to future proof when I get a UHD screen). There are some on Amazon that are region free for BD but the prices are pretty high...

Honestly, if I took it apart, I'd worry I'd never get it back together again haha. But yeah, I'd love to get a UHD one but the Region Free ones are like £400, and I'm not made of money.

Quick question for anybody with the Discotek DVD release of Gun Frontier:

I've noticed on my copy, which was brand new out of the box, that disc one has a few visual issues. This is noticeable during episodes 4 and 5.

The most noticeable glitch is during episode 5 at about 16 minutes in. Suddenly I get a chequerboard pattern on the screen for about a second. There's also a notable instance of de-rezzing early in episode 4, where the visuals become blocky for a moment.

I'm thinking I may just have a bad disc. But if anyone's noticed similar, I'd be REALLY grateful if you could let me know.

Honestly, if I took it apart, I'd worry I'd never get it back together again haha. But yeah, I'd love to get a UHD one but the Region Free ones are like £400, and I'm not made of money.

Well wait until it fully dies then you have nothing to lose? Search youtube for something like "clean lens modal name" chances are someone has made a video on how to do it and it's usually quite simple. In my experience BD players are a lot simpler than games consoles..

I ordered some manga from book depositary thru Amazon marketplace last Thursday and it still says preparing for dispatch is this common or should I complain?

I ordered some manga from book depositary thru Amazon marketplace last Thursday and it still says preparing for dispatch is this common or should I complain?

For book depositary that's fairly normal, they take 2-5 working days to deliver but can take 2-4 working days to dispatch on top of that.

Back