The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a thread)

No, it's coming from Japan so the estimated period of arrival hasn't even started yet! 20th to the 3rd.

It's a pretty wide gap, but I'd contact eBay if it's not here by the third or so. With both eBay and PayPal, you generally have nothing to worry about in terms getting ripped off, it's easy to get your money back if you've genueinly been conned. With 99% positive feedback, I don't think you have much to worry about, however.

Anybody know some good Crunchyroll-only anime? (i.e. not released yet or licensed for a near future release.)
Off the top of my head:
Akagi
I can't Understand what my Husband is saying (both seasons)
Kaiji (Both seasons)

just a little Q; should I get the killing bites manga? I could order it now but my brother is coming down from liverpool tommorrow and I've seen that japan already has a CE out. if anyone's picking up killing bites for the west I'd probably wait for that instead

Hey guys where's the best place to buy/preorder Nendoroids from as I want to preorder the Lina Inverse one but don't know which sites are trustworthy.

Thanks for that, although forgot to state that I'd rather order from a store based in UK so I don't have to deal with customs/exchange rates.

Honestly there isn't a UK store I trust for importing figures.

If you dont want to deal with customs/exchange rates you can always order off Amazon JP. They charge you the VAT and all that, and allow you to pay in GBP. So you know the full cost upfront

You could also ask uk1 to do since relaying, if you trust them. They have some partners to even get even rare stuff. Against a fee of course.

Honestly there isn't a UK store I trust for importing figures.

If you dont want to deal with customs/exchange rates you can always order off Amazon JP. They charge you the VAT and all that, and allow you to pay in GBP. So you know the full cost upfront
Ok thanks, looked on amazon JP and wont deliver to uk XD. Will try one of the partner stores listed on the goodsmile website and use paypal so I'm covered.

Question, which hopefully some video hardware savy enthusiast can answer me.

I'm using an external BD drive to watch Blu Ray on my PC (Windows 7). That drive is from Plextor and I bought it back in 2012.
It worked pretty fine, until recently, when it just kind of has trouble to read BDs, namely the UK Broadchurch BDs. Not readable as in, it doesn't even show in the Windows Explorer. The drive kind of sounds like it's trying hard to read and then gives up. The even more strange thing is, it some succeds before it gives up and I can play the BD. First I thought it's the weather, the times it played were all cool, but whenever I try now, when it's chilly, it doesn't seem to help. Playing DVDs seem fine (don't have other BDs at hand right now unfortunately).

Is there perhaps something peculiar about newer BDs, that needs an hardware upgrade...?

Back