The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a thread)

I distinctly remember not buying it when it was out here, regretting it when I'd finally seen the series and had become interested in the movies and OVAs, and winding up getting the Australian releases of both instead, when it was all deleted in the UK. There definitely is a PAL master for the movie, so it would make sense for there to be a UK DVD release.

I distinctly remember not buying it when it was out here, regretting it when I'd finally seen the series and had become interested in the movies and OVAs, and winding up getting the Australian releases of both instead, when it was all deleted in the UK. There definitely is a PAL master for the movie, so it would make sense for there to be a UK DVD release.

Actually, scratch that, I've done a bit of digging on the Wayback Machine, and according to the defunct UK Anime.com website. Slayers Return was the first Slayers DVD release in the UK

UK Anime - your source for anime news and reviews

I know there was a subsequent movie compilation release from ADV in the UK, which had 3 out of the five movies on 2 discs, and I can only assume that one of them was The Motion Picture, but I could be wrong, and it might be that the only UK release for the first movie was indeed on VHS.

Actually, scratch that, I've done a bit of digging on the Wayback Machine, and according to the defunct UK Anime.com website. Slayers Return was the first Slayers DVD release in the UK

UK Anime - your source for anime news and reviews

I know there was a subsequent movie compilation release from ADV in the UK, which had 3 out of the five movies on 2 discs, and I can only assume that one of them was The Motion Picture, but I could be wrong, and it might be that the only UK release for the first movie was indeed on VHS.

Cool, thanks for looking that up for me. I have all the DVDs if that's the case then bc I've got the compilation box of the Movies/OVAs. So the only stuff not released on UK DVD is The Motion Picture and the first OVA series Special. They both seem to have been released in the late 90s compared to mid 00s for the DVDs so I'm assuming that's why they're VHS only.

So, this is possibly one of the most random questions ever asked in this thread, but...

I've just been dismantling the giant Toblerone that my Night is Short poster came in, so I can recycle it.

How come the inside is printed with advertisements for a self-tan liquid? 🤔
The company that makes the packaging sells one side of them as advertising space?

So, this is possibly one of the most random questions ever asked in this thread, but...

I've just been dismantling the giant Toblerone that my Night is Short poster came in, so I can recycle it.

How come the inside is printed with advertisements for a self-tan liquid? 🤔
The company that makes the packaging sells one side of them as advertising space?
It's because you're a pale-a** Celtic person Neil and they're subtly trying to get you to go for the TOWIE look using their products! 😂 🤣 😂 🤣 😂 🤣

A question for @NormanicGrav

Are the following actually watchable?

Animax:

Chrono Crusade (Chrnos Crusade)
Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo
(2 Episodes? WTF Animax I hardly call that watchable)
Kill la Kill
P3
(Literally nothing showing for any of these)
Samurai Flamenco
Space Dandy
(Ok, I must be doing something wrong when making this list? I can only see Episode 13)
The Tatami Galaxy (Nah, I must be doing something wrong now)
The Vision of Escaflowne (or is Animax THIS broken?)

----------
edit:

Sorry, I almost sounded concerned then.... I'm not

A question for @NormanicGrav

Are the following actually watchable?

Animax

2018-07-19_1.png

On a serious note, I am aware that Shomin Sample isn't supposed to be on that service (the show page is still up).

I'll take a look now.

UPDATE - Upon looking:

Okay, so we have some show pages with no episodes: Chrono Crusade, Kill la Kill, Samurai Flamenco, Shomin Sample (obvious one), The Tatami Galaxy, The Vision of Escaflowne. That's 6 of 18.

The Persona 3 Movies are all located under the 'Persona 3 Movies' page rather than their own pages weirdly enough.

Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo and Space Dandy indeed have only 1-2 episodes left.

Now I believe these were added in August in one of the years prior so I am expecting these to be completely delisted soon.

Last edited:
On a serious note, I am aware that Shomin Sample isn't supposed to be on that service (the show page is still up).

I'll take a look now.
If I had my choice I would say nothing is watchable as its all behind a paywall no one should be stupid enough to pay for

But I can't and wont say that as I'm a good boy :)

Yeah, I think I only lasted about ten minutes into the first episode of Space Dandy, and immediately dropped it. But then, no wonder, since I do not care for either comedy anime or comedy movies in general. I'm extremely selective in the type of humor I can stomach, and anime comedy is generally the most obnoxious comedy of all to me, other than crude and disgusting comedy which I really can't stand.

What type of humour can you stomach (in general)?

Very little. Less is better. A bit of smart humor dropped during a serious show every once in a great while I don't mind, but more than that I really can't stomach. A non-anime example would be Marvel movies - The dry, humorous lines RDJ would drop now and then in the first Iron Man movie were Ok, but a movie like Guardians of the Galaxy I did not care for at all, way too much forced comedy just for comedy's sake. And to me anime comedy is the worst, because so much of that is done with characters spazzing out into panicky screaming or yelling fits - and usually accompanied by that obnoxious chibi animation, which I also cannot stand seeing in anime. I just don't care for comedy movies or anime at all and can readily do without it.

Very little. Less is better. A bit of smart humor dropped during a serious show every once in a great while I don't mind, but more than that I really can't stomach. A non-anime example would be Marvel movies - The dry, humorous lines RDJ would drop now and then in the first Iron Man movie were Ok, but a movie like Guardians of the Galaxy I did not care for at all, way too much forced comedy just for comedy's sake. And to me anime comedy is the worst, because so much of that is done with characters spazzing out into panicky screaming or yelling fits - and usually accompanied by that obnoxious chibi animation, which I also cannot stand seeing in anime. I just don't care for comedy movies or anime at all and can readily do without it.

I'm also counting real life examples in this as well. Were there any for you (you don't have to be specific)? And I can't remember if anyone asked you this, but what sense of humour do you have (my apologies if this sounds negative, which I don't intend to come across)?

Last edited:
Back