The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a thread)

I'm starting to question the point in streaming, someone change my mind!

Crunchyroll is an unusable dumpster fire currently, the desktop player has just ceased to function for me. I'm also subscribed to hidive, but their offering is very weak compared to the US. I can't really justify giving either of these companies my cash...

I'd like to watch one or two shows this season, but how do I bestow money to those shows creators without a useless service taking a cut or seemingly ridiculous region restrictions getting in the way?

Is the only legal way of doing this really waiting potentially years with fingers crossed for a physical release?

(I'm just venting because it's hot...)

Last edited:

Crunchyroll is an unsuable dumpster fire currently, the desktop player has just ceased to function for me. I'm also subscribed to hidive, but their offering is very weak compared to the US. I can't really justify giving either of these companies my cash...

I'd like to watch one or two shows this season, but how do I bestow money to those shows creators without a useless service taking a cut or seemingly ridiculous region restrictions getting in the way?

Is the only legal way of doing this really waiting potentially years with fingers crossed for a physical release?

(I'm just venting because it's hot...)
bringing up releases is a good point, we love releases on this site though ^.^ netflix is good I guess, but selection is scarce compared to CR or HD and although we usually get the same series as the states, region issues means we get them much later.
sorry I can't be of more help, I leech off someone's main Netflix, I have amazon prime and CR and none of them are perfect

Looking at MAL I noticed you watched A Place Further Than the Universe. Now Crunchyroll put money into the production, although I don't know how much or whether without it whether we would have got that show or not, but as an anime original some companies would have seen it as being more of a risk. So there fore you're not only giving money to the creators you're also directly funding new shows. Although you haven't rated it so I don't know how much of an argument that is! You didn't drop it at least.

Also I must be lucky as Crunchyroll has been fine for me on PS4. I know @HWR was having problems on PS4 so I'm not sure whats happening there. Even Funimation on PS4 has been fine when watching Steins;Gate 0 (the mobile app has been rubbish recently).

I honestly haven't had any major problems with Crunchyroll on either laptop or PS4. I guess the experience really is different for everyone since I'm always surprised when people call it unusable.

Looking at MAL I noticed you watched A Place Further Than the Universe. Now Crunchyroll put money into the production, although I don't know how much or whether without it whether we would have got that show or not, but as an anime original some companies would have seen it as being more of a risk. So there fore you're not only giving money to the creators you're also directly funding new shows. Although you haven't rated it so I don't know how much of an argument that is! You didn't drop it at least.

Also I must be lucky as Crunchyroll has been fine for me on PS4. I know @HWR was having problems on PS4 so I'm not sure whats happening there. Even Funimation on PS4 has been fine when watching Steins;Gate 0 (the mobile app has been rubbish recently).
Yeah PS4 app is wildly inconsistent though I notice that the issues mainly occur with the daily seasonal anime and less so with their catalogue titles (I'm watching a catalogue title atm and am having no issues at all.)

The PS4 app has been an absolute joke for me for the past month-ish. Like I need to keep closing it and reopening it until it decides to actually play the episode. It constantly switches between picture quality for no apparent reason and more recently I keep getting a random error pop up telling me to restart the app. Complete joke for something I pay for and if it's not fixed by the time it's sub renew time then I'll probably drop my sub.

The PS4 app has been an absolute joke for me for the past month-ish. Like I need to keep closing it and reopening it until it decides to actually play the episode. It constantly switches between picture quality for no apparent reason and more recently I keep getting a random error pop up telling me to restart the app. Complete joke for something I pay for and if it's not fixed by the time it's sub renew time then I'll probably drop my sub.
Having much the same experience here with the web player.

This is pretty much what happens to me regularly as well. It's the inconsistency that annoys me the most, since the player is either more than capable or completely moronic with little to no action inbetween. They really need to fix it.

This is pretty much what happens to me regularly as well. It's the inconsistency that annoys me the most, since the player is either more than capable or completely moronic with little to no action inbetween. They really need to fix it.
I find that if you try a different one (i.e. one of the other shows that day) then it's usually okay by the time you get back. I don't agree with it but it seems to resolve things. And as you said, its the simulcasts that are the issue so as I usually have something else on the go anyway the issue really is intermittent. I also find that instead of restarting the app, running a network test can be fine. Not sure why when the Crunchyroll app is the only thing having problems (and only on certain streams).

Does anybody happen to have gotten the French post-Nisemono Monogatari installments that got released recently?
How does it look like exactly and the feel of it?
I tried finding an unboxing video or whatever, but so no luck so far.
The product images are just showing a slight part of it. Also they look more like design images than images of the actual thing.

Does anybody happen to have gotten the French post-Nisemono Monogatari installments that got released recently?
How does it look like exactly and the feel of it?
I tried finding an unboxing video or whatever, but so no luck so far.
The product images are just showing a slight part of it. Also they look more like design images than images of the actual thing.
ViCklatereur is working on a review/unboxing of the French Monogatari sets, but no ETA yet.

No VF, quel dommage.... Now it really boils down to how the packaging is like. They are still cheaper than the AoAs, but still considering if they are that much better than the MVMs.

Hey guys does anyone know if Slayers The Motion Picture ever got a UK DVD release, I've looked and can only find it on VHS but wasn't sure.

Last edited:
Back