The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a thread)

After looking at the fees from my bank ordering from the US barely saves me anything so I might just get it via their UK site.

I guess it may be linked to oni or some fascination with western religious stuff, that or what do you have against demon kings?
Well, in fairness sometimes it can be a demon lord so I suppose there's that. It's not that I've got anything against it, more that I feel a lack of understanding.
With the concept of oni I thought they were considered more along the lines of a monster/demon kind of thing, and less king/lord or any position of supierority...more a big bad :(

I guess its a concept for fantasy. There needs to be this ultimate target on the demon side for the heroes to fight, and the concept of having a king/ruler is easy to understand.

Hi, guys, I was just wondering, I am an avid anime art collector, unfortunately, all my goodies and collection has been lost due to me moving houses :( what service is suitable to receive anime goodies every month animebox ? or is there anything else someone can recommend Thanks guys

Is Tokyo Ghoul Pinto OVA standalone or do I need to watch the series(s)?

____
Been mentioned on Twitter its set before the series :D Yay

Last edited:
Is Tokyo Ghoul Pinto OVA standalone or do I need to watch the series(s)?

____
Been mentioned on Twitter its set before the series :D Yay
I caught it on netflix, you pretty much have to know the setting of the world and some of the characters, but really not much of them. a passing familiarity with one of the characters it focuses on is enough to get into it

I am watching Funi's Steins;Gate BDs and I guess my eyes are getting better or something (?), but I see those banding lines rather clearly. I kind of do like the English dub, though.
Is the UK BD any better by chance?

I am watching Funi's Steins;Gate BDs and I guess my eyes are getting better or something (?), but I see those banding lines rather clearly. I kind of do like the English dub, though.
Is the UK BD any better by chance?

Nope, discs are cloned from the US. For all intents and purposes, they're identical barring the region.

Anybody who has the French edition of SG? Is that one any better by chance?

And another question: Funimation has started to put these digital copy sickers on the slips. Are those as bad as the German rating logo stickers? Or are are they safe remove without too much hassle and special attention?
(How do those fare for releases that are a bit older, i.e. those stickers weren't just put on the last week?)

Last edited:
Anybody who has the French edition of SG? Is that one any better by chance?

And another question: Funimation has started to put these digital copy sickers on the slips. Are those as bad as the German rating logo stickers? Or are are they safe remove without too much hassle and special attention?
(How do those fare for releases that are a bit older, i.e. those stickers weren't just put on the last week?)
The funimation stickers come off easy.

Last edited:
1. Will I like Overlord? Digging the opening themes muchly.

2. I saw a photo get shared of that insanely good collectors edition of Bebop. The series, OSTs, art book, vinyl case thingy-ness. Do we know when that'll get released please? Can't afford diddly for a bit now so after bagging it for Xmas or Birthday lol.

1. Will I like Overlord? Digging the opening themes muchly.

2. I saw a photo get shared of that insanely good collectors edition of Bebop. The series, OSTs, art book, vinyl case thingy-ness. Do we know when that'll get released please? Can't afford diddly for a bit now so after bagging it for Xmas or Birthday lol.
1. if you don't mind snails pace, yes, it's a light novel adaption with a great effort to trim a lot of fat. the soundtracks to the seasons are pretty good, but personally, I'm growing tired of it's formula of covering "world building" plots when they main cast has been established that they can curb stomp any other groups that are covered
2. best I can find is may's 20th anniversary edition that sounds like that. probably long gone by now, sounds expensive though

1. if you don't mind snails pace, yes, it's a light novel adaption with a great effort to trim a lot of fat. the soundtracks to the seasons are pretty good, but personally, I'm growing tired of it's formula of covering "world building" plots when they main cast has been established that they can curb stomp any other groups that are covered
2. best I can find is may's 20th anniversary edition that sounds like that. probably long gone by now, sounds expensive though
Overlord is a mixed bag for me. Last season was pretty bland and I honestly just don't care for much that happens in the series anymore and the bad CGI during important and impactful scenes makes it unintentionally comedic. There are some legitimately good arcs every now and then and we get some great songs from OxT and Myth & Roid so it's not all bad.

I'd say check the first season and go from there.

I can only see release data for the three seasons of When They Cry on DVD and the Blu-Ray collectors edition, have MVM confirmed if they’ll be releasing each season on standard edition Blu-Ray later?

No, I think she is talking about AL's upcoming Ultimate Edition of Bebop. It's not up for pre-order yet, and we don't have a price or date either.

That's the one, thanks :)

Oh god I hope we get a date soon. My Mums still nagging me over an Xmas present and I'd rather not have to pay for this beaut myself right now :p lol.

Back