The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a thread)

Having an issue with the Crunchyroll PS4 app. When you check out the newly added episodes, it lists the newest on so say episode 3 but when you go to play it only the first two are on.
Anyone else get it?

Having an issue with the Crunchyroll PS4 app. When you check out the newly added episodes, it lists the newest on so say episode 3 but when you go to play it only the first two are on.
Anyone else get it?
Happens to me often. Sometimes I close and reopen the app and the missing episode appears, other times it’s a waiting game as to when they decide to add it.
A pain really, but the Funinow app is the same.

Anyone else get it?

Yep, I get this too. I think it's just time-based; the index page shows the new episode as soon as it's available on the website but for whatever reason it takes from a few minutes to half an hour for it to be viewable on the PS4.

R

Regarding Madman's release of Attack on Titan Season 1, did they use the Funimation discs or did they author their own discs?

(I know Manga authored their own discs, but I wasn't sure if Madman did the same, based on the extras listing on their website)

Regarding Madman's release of Attack on Titan Season 1, did they use the Funimation discs or did they author their own discs?

(I know Manga authored their own discs, but I wasn't sure if Madman did the same, based on the extras listing on their website)
I have the original part set releases, and these are Funi discs. I'm pretty sure the complete season release is also Funi as well since Madman typically uses Funi discs a lot.

Heyloo beautiful people.

Im craving anime osts again. Specifically Puella and Tokyo Ghoul. Where would you say is the best place to look which is good value and if abroad, which won’t/shouldnt get a customs hit please?

Heyloo beautiful people.

Im craving anime osts again. Specifically Puella and Tokyo Ghoul. Where would you say is the best place to look which is good value and if abroad, which won’t/shouldnt get a customs hit please?

I think this is the best Madoka OST CD you can buy

https://www.amazon.co.jp/魔法少女まどか-マギ.../ref=tmm_acd_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=

Has pretty much all the tracks you'd want from it, including both OST music and the stuff from ClariS and Kalafina.

Back with a Steins;Gate question again.. Is here any release that comes without the banding? I think somebody has mentioned before that it was even on the japanese master, but some other japanese release had it fixed. (?) Did any foreign release happend after that fixed release using those masters by any chance? (French one, German one, ...?)

Does anyone have a list with french anime releases that has English subs? - like the Amazon FR page for Persona 4 says French only, but Kaze's own website says English subs as well. Mostly interested in knowing if Death Parade does.

It likely doesn't. The only ones with English subs will be the ones that they hold the UK licence too. They put both languages on the same disc to save authoring two different discs.

Well: Not all Kazé UK releases share their masters between UK and France
e.g. Code Geass doesn't

There are some @Anime releases that share masters too, but that differs from series to series. Some titles share their packaging, but don't share their masters...
Also note that at least once @Anime (FR) removed additional languages in a second print run (Elfen Lied BD FR/GER)

Universal Pictures shared their masters for Drifters, Seraph and Arsland between UK + FR + GER.

Several Beez releases share their masters between France, UK and Germany, but not all. Beez closed before releasing Blu-rays, but French DVD-stock is still avaiable.

In very rare cases German DVD/BD offer English language options, but they are usually more expensive. One example is Twelve Months ( https://amzn.to/2MiIUtv ) that includes an English Dub (which is weird, as I never saw a UK or US-DVD of this)

"This post contains affiliate links, which will pay me a commission if you click through and buy something."

Are there any recommended Australian Blu Ray releases (aside from the Sailor Moon franchise) that haven’t been released elsewhere? Looking to buy some items from Madman and wanted to make the handling fee more worthwhile.

Seeing a lot of this years titles starting to be announced as coming here as physical. What are the hopes for Yuru Camp and A Place Further Than the Universe? I know Crunchyroll put money into APFTTU, does that mean they'll get the rights or would they still have go through the usual hoops.

Seeing Amanchu getting a release sort of gives me hopes, but I'm guessing that was a passion project so it would be down to whether someone at AL likes these shows.

Seeing a lot of this years titles starting to be announced as coming here as physical. What are the hopes for Yuru Camp and A Place Further Than the Universe? I know Crunchyroll put money into APFTTU, does that mean they'll get the rights or would they still have go through the usual hoops.

Seeing Amanchu getting a release sort of gives me hopes, but I'm guessing that was a passion project so it would be down to whether someone at AL likes these shows.
Yuru Camp was also a Crunchyroll funded show so I'm really hoping that gets a release over here.

I think all shows under the partnership stay with FUNi, So as it took YOI 8 months after America to get a release and other big CR titles getting ignored like MP100 I cant say for certainly we will get both if I had to bet, I bet we will get Place further than the universe and not Yuru Camp

I don't know what other indicators AL and the like look at for bringing stuff over, but both are massive in Japan according to this website: Series Data – Quick View
And both score high on MAL being the first (APFTTU) and third (YC) highest ranking non-sequals in that season, with VE in the middle, but that started with massive hype before it started.
Looking through the year APFTTU is still top of all new anime this year!

MAL the truly unbiased rating of anime /s
VE did have some massive push on MAL due to it beginning for votes after its premiere last October.

And it is biased against certain types of shows take Tsurune its getting a massively positive reposed from everyone i saw who has seen it nearly as popular response as VE. Yet not many people are seeing and its only read a 7.47 (and wow only as 22K users compared to VEs 160K Seems most "KyoAni fans" aint actually KyoAni fans

Last edited:
Well, Tsurune has two strikes against it right off the bat for me as compared to VE - It's listed as both a High School and Sports anime, two genres I generally avoid - and if it happens to be yaoi or BL then it's not for me at all - so it's not necessarily just a matter of whether it is a KyoAni release or not.

Last edited:
Back