The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a thread)

I've never see any Fate. Would I need to to watch the one on Netflix please?

What actually is the latest on that Violet Evergarden Netflix drama please? As I'm after watching that as I saw ep 1 back at MCM.

Also, what's people opinions on Devilman Crybaby? Can't decide if it's a genre i'll like.

Have you got a MAL account, so people can tell what you like?

They have loads of the classics, both FMAs, Cowboy Bebop, Death Note and Gurren Lagann.
For newer stuff:
Violet Evergarden has its problems, but also has some fantastic moments as well.
A Silent Voice is a very good film.
And Garden of Words is a nice short film.

Amazon Prime
Yuki Yuna is a Hero is pretty good.

I think I have a MAL account but good god it'll be old if I can still access so it'd need a mass overhaul. I think I like almost anything but it's watching it at a time such genre suits me, which i never know till i try it and cant keep watching it lol.

Seen all ze classics and the films suggested so you know my taste already hehe.

Is all Violet available as I'm sure I heard about Netflix buggering this up? lol.

Hey all, just looking for recommendations of anime people are enjoying on Netflix and Amazon Prime please?

Last watched Scum's Wish which I adore and already want to rewatch lol and am watching After the Rain at the moment.

Inuyushiki on Amazon Prime is probably my favourite anime from last year, it's fantastic. It's on the dark side, so I don't know if it's your cup of tea, but it's a really enjoyable show with 2 great main characters and some quality animation courtesy of MAPPA.

I've never see any Fate. Would I need to to watch the one on Netflix please?

What actually is the latest on that Violet Evergarden Netflix drama please? As I'm after watching that as I saw ep 1 back at MCM.

Also, what's people opinions on Devilman Crybaby? Can't decide if it's a genre i'll like.
fate: Netflix now has apocrypha, stay night and stay night unlimited blade works. Blade works is a retelling of stay night with the plot focusing on different characters, you don't really need to see any fate series before others to get the general plot, but zero and stay night have a linked plot with zero being a prequel. Basically any fate series is a handful of mages summon their own servants, legendary spirits from real people in history, with fate's own twist on them, they all fight to get their wish granted by the holy grail. Apocrypha is a bit of a bigger scale with more mages and servants on two defined sides of a war.

I don't know much about the violet mess up but the series is complete now, Netflix will probably get the OVA that tops off the series before long. It's not a bad dub either, but some people are critical of certain things in the series, as they can be with anything

Devilman crybaby, don't get me started... people seem to like it though. It's a half decent dub, a few of the episodes have a great director that brings out really phsycadelic and fluid animation out of who he works with, but the plot, the characters and the art style, I just find it as a time capsule for a video nasty if it didn't reference modern things like mobile phones, YouTube and social media. I will say this without being massively critical - people give devilman crybaby too much credit, to have Netflix work so close with animators and bring out something like it in January was a good start to the year, but it probably won't be the best anyone sees this year

Hey all, just looking for recommendations of anime people are enjoying on Netflix and Amazon Prime please?

Can't say much about Netflix since I've only watched Ajin, BLAME, Devilman, Knights of Sidonia and Violet Evergarden.

Amazon has a couple titles that I enjoyed watching; After the Rain, Inuyashiki Last Hero, Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress, Killing Bites, Re:CREATORS. Rage of Bahamut: Virgin Soul is okay.

am watching After the Rain at the moment.

2018-01-18_2.png

Thanks all.

Looks like Inuyashiki may be my next venture once I've finished After The Rain :)

I still have loads of anime DVD backlog to get through too like Durarara x2 part 2, Future Diary, Book of Circus and Murder etc etc. Waaaaah. So much anime and just no time! lol.

I think May Bank Holiday I'll just game and watch anime. As end of May Bank Holiday I have MCM London.

Been trying to finish Evangelion forever but I gotta be in the right headspace for that too.

I'm still waiting on my K-On from Amazon, was due by 8pm. The tracking from the email says it should be with Yodel (although the website is CitiPost), but looking on the Amazon app it says DPD. I saw a DPD van just a bit ago, but he went to a different house, my road is a bit weird and I'm always paranoid about parcels being delivered to the wrong house.
Anyway what's the latest you've received a package and would it go out again on Monday if for whatever reason it got taken back to the depot without an attempted delivery.
I guess after that it'll be a complaint to Amazon.

EDIT: The tracking from the email link has updated "Rescheduled By Receiver". F***ing disgraceful, if I returned to base with stuff I couldn't be bothered to deliver I'd be in big trouble. Slightly different type of deliveries, but still.

EDIT 2: It's been rescheduled for tomorrow and not today without asking me in any way! Today would have been better as I'm off. Just hope someone's in tomorrow, I bet it comes in the small gap between me going to work and my housemate coming home.

EDIT 3: It's arrived with no need to sign for it apparently, so that was the only I thought as to why it didn't turn up Saturday, because there was a brief time when neither of us was in. Oh well here now.

Last edited:
I ordered a Lovely Complex (US Release from Discothek) the other day for an acquaintance. It was all new and shrinkwrapped. Now I got news, that after unpacking she found several rather big fatty fingerprints on the disc (backside) and the case (like also below the discs) and is now somewhat shocked over the fact.

Has something like that ever transpired to anybody? I never really bought a lot of DVDs from the US and never did I get any Discotek stuff.

Did the case still had the sticker on top of it? Like shown at around 11:14 in on this unboxing video here

Since all Discotek releases i bought had this, so if it was missing there might be a case that this was a second-hand copy your acquaintance received.

Hm. Good question. I didn't pay any attention. I'll ask. But it was ordered from rightstuf. Who to my knowledge we selling things new. oo

Did the case still had the sticker on top of it? Like shown at around 11:14 in on this unboxing video here

Since all Discotek releases i bought had this, so if it was missing there might be a case that this was a second-hand copy your acquaintance received.
Just go news, that the sticker was still up, so doesn't look like a second hand copy...

Back