Anime Network coming to UK TV! 2hr block starts in June!

Ryo Chan said:
some more seperate news

Sony Pictures Television International announced that its Animax channel will launch on Unity Media's digital subscription television service in the German regions of North Rhine-Westphalia and Hesse in early June 2007. SPTI is planning to roll out the channel, the first anime channel in Germany, with other services in the country. The channel will run 24 hours a day, as it does in many countries in Asia, Latin America, and Central Europe.

Germany was one of them on the orignal list so looks like the UK launch isn't too far away

Wow, Thankye Ryo CHan.

So Sony isn't bluffing after all, This is going to be great.

i cant wait, even though i have all the elfen lied, i dont have any of the other programmes that are bein shown. this is so cool. great news lookin 4ward to it. finally some desant anime on TV, since outlaw star wen off the TV and sharman king (yey) ive bin spendin too much money on anime DVD's :(

Brilliant news this is. Elfen lied on tv... omg im gonna have to watch it all over again :p. I hope they do make a whole new channel so anime is on all the damn time.

I can't wait for Elfen Lied too I have only watch 11 episodes of the dub. Evangelion is legend I have watched all 26 episodes and am looking forward to watching this even though I have already watched it.
I have not watched Cyote Ragtime but I have heard a little about it so it wil probaly be decent. I have not seen Guyver too but I have seen a bit of the old ova series from the late 80s. Guyver maybe decent too.
Ok so we have also have animax coming soon to since Germany are receiving their one soon it should really be no time till they anounce it for the UK.
For the future of propeller tv I hope they try to continue giving us top rated anime and I hope the fate wont be like Rapture TV.

This is fantastic news - and Emma Vieceli was very very well behaved to keep this secret, even from Sweatdrop! ^_~ Elfen Lied will be what I'm looking out for

sonia_leong said:
This is fantastic news - and Emma Vieceli was very very well behaved to keep this secret, even from Sweatdrop! ^_~ Elfen Lied will be what I'm looking out for
Oh dear, I hope she's not been spanked for it. :wink:

Great news for the anime industry, really hope it becomes popular and pushes for a 24 hour tv channel :).

Shame i am stuck with Virgin Media thou -_-.

Let's see how good/bad/piss poor it is

I'm going to hazard a guess and say more likely the latter :lol:, sure Elfen Lied and Evangelion are two solid shows but surely alot of the people tuning in will have seen them allready, as for Coyote Ragtime Whatever it is and the Guyver remake, well, less said about them the better!

But theres never anything on tv on Sunday nights so no doubt I'll end up tuning in everyweek, because I'm stupid like that, and hopefully it will lead to newer shows or even a Anime Network channel.

Been on my SKY+ Planner to record for a week now, I probably won't watch Elfen Lied again, but i will most likely watch the other 3.

I'm disappointed that SKY have made it a programming block instead of making them four separate shows.

Calling it Anime Network makes it seem to blend in to all the other crap propeller shows.

And another note, All the series' they are playing are different lengths, Elfen Lied 13 Episodes, Neon Genesis Evangelion 26 Episodes, Coyote Ragtime Show 12 Episodes, Guyver 26 Episodes. Are other shows getting picked up when one ends to get to the end of the other series' or is Anime Network going to continuously play different anime's with no ending date set.

Jayme said:
Been on my SKY+ Planner to record for a week now, I probably won't watch Elfen Lied again, but i will most likely watch the other 3.

I'm disappointed that SKY have made it a programming block instead of making them four separate shows.

Calling it Anime Network makes it seem to blend in to all the other crap propeller shows.

And another note, All the series' they are playing are different lengths, Elfen Lied 13 Episodes, Neon Genesis Evangelion 26 Episodes, Coyote Ragtime Show 12 Episodes, Guyver 26 Episodes. Are other shows getting picked up when one ends to get to the end of the other series' or is Anime Network going to continuously play different anime's with no ending date set.
The Anime Network is owned by ADV so it will go on as long as they have the block to display anime, showing primarily stuff from ADV's catalogue where they have broadcast rights for them as well as distribution rights. In its nature it is a programming block, much like [adult.swim] on Bravo so it is right to classify it in that way.

Gawyn said:
Jayme said:

The Anime Network is owned by ADV so it will go on as long as they have the block to display anime, showing primarily stuff from ADV's catalogue where they have broadcast rights for them as well as distribution rights. In its nature it is a programming block, much like [adult.swim] on Bravo so it is right to classify it in that way.

The thing with [adult swim] though is that the EPG display is like "Afro Samurai [Adult Swim]" - just having a 2hr hour block called "The Anime Network" is a bit under selling the content. But whatever, it's not like it's the end of the world or anything. I hope this is a great success for ADV.

Paul said:
Gawyn said:
Jayme said:

The thing with [adult swim] though is that the EPG display is like "Afro Samurai [Adult Swim]" - just having a 2hr hour block called "The Anime Network" is a bit under selling the content. But whatever, it's not like it's the end of the world or anything. I hope this is a great success for ADV.

When [adult swim] was first airing, it was listed the same as 'Anime Network' is being listed now, meaning that you have to press i to see what was showing, Hopefully Sky will work this out and end up putting it the same as [adult swim] is listed.

I'm recording...mother dear is watching some rubbish with that woman who used to be in Corrie (specific, I know). >_>

I took over the tv at 20:45, caught the last bit of EVA, My god. . .why the hell are they're presenters for a anime block.

Back