Anime Network coming to UK TV! 2hr block starts in June!

Ryo Chan said:
WTFDaveMustaine said:
The overacting in the Eva dub is laughable.

aye i love how terrible the first ep is ^^
In the first part the guy who gets blown up in the helicopter. The dubbed version of that is laughably bad. Also compare the dub to the original where Shinji firsts see the Eva. In the original he's shocked but in the dub he's screaming like he's been shot. Funny stuff.

WTFDaveMustaine said:
Ryo Chan said:
WTFDaveMustaine said:

In the first part the guy who gets blown up in the helicopter. The dubbed version of that is laughably bad. Also compare the dub to the original where Shinji firsts see the Eva. In the original he's shocked but in the dub he's screaming like he's been shot. Funny stuff.

Scenes just seem to roll out differently and Shinji also sounds like a 40 year old man where as Misato sounds like a 12 year old.

Also what the hell is up with the interruptions on this channel. and by that i mean flickering screen and the Test screen coming up.

WTFDaveMustaine said:
Ryo Chan said:
WTFDaveMustaine said:

i still prefer just after the n2 bomb goes off the guy goes "AH HA WE GOT HIM"

the way he sats it, i can just see him standing on a table in a superman stance

WTFDaveMustaine said:
Jayme said:
Misato sounds like a 12 year old.
In the dub she has some sort of annoying bimbo voice. It just irritates me.

I'll admit, Allison Keith (the VA for Misato) is utterly crap in the first couple of episodes, but she does improve in the later episodes.

Well, after seeing the shows, I'll have a quick rundown.

Coyote Ragtime Show seemed OK, I guess.

Evangelion I didn't watch because I already had the Perfect and Platinum editions on DVD.

Guyver seemed interesting enough, I love the opening and ending themes so much.

And my first time watching Elfen Lied and I must say, after the first 10 minutes, I nearly felt sick. And it seems to be taking a bit of a depressing mood already by the end of the episode.

And I officially love Nyu/Lucy. She reminds me of Chi from Chobits.

Well, all in all, I enjoyed the last two hours of anime on UK TV. Hope the rest of the episodes are just as good.

Good old eva the but dubs not too bad..
Dam I missed coyote ragtime because the tv was being used. Guyver I forced myself to watch it but it was okay. Elfen lied I have already seen this episode quite a lot of times and thank god my brother never saw this!

LOL to that guy on anime network who was wearing that blindfold while elfen lied was on.

Hmmm that was pretty good overall, allthough who ever decided to employ that guy and make him a presenter should be shot, he was terrible, the female presenter was fine but he just seemed so uncomfortable.

Also its a bit unfair that the block is running for 3 months, meaning they'll only show half of Eva and Guyver, I'm guessing that ADV are expecting to get people buying the remaining episodes on dvds to see what happens, the evil geniuses that they are.

The only thing that got on my nipples in the whole of this 2 hours was the lack of signsubs. :? ( And maybe the subs for the opening and closing songs, but I can live without those. )

-- Devils advocate time --

Their showing of the dub version, what do you honestly expect them to do? At the end of the day they are only showing each episode once and they have to show it in a way that will appeal to the masses, ( should the masses ever find out about it, :wink: ) if at a later date they start to show more than a couple of hours, who knows, maybe they can show one block dubbed and then the same again but subbed - keeps everyone happy them. :D

They have a website, why not ask about it on there?

-- End of devils advocate time --

Trowa_Ayanami said:
And my first time watching Elfen Lied and I must say, after the first 10 minutes, I nearly felt sick. And it seems to be taking a bit of a depressing mood already by the end of the episode.

I'm prone to depression like you wouldn't belive, yet for some reason this episode had no effect on me at all. Maybe it was because I expected it to be bad? :?

I'm not complaining that they didn't show the subtitled version (which I never expected in the least) just laughing at how overacted it was. William Shatner could get a good job at ADV.

WTFDaveMustaine said:
I'm not complaining that they didn't show the subtitled version (which I never expected in the least) just laughing at how overacted it was. William Shatner could get a good job at ADV.

Now that would be something to listen to. :D

-Edit-

And I loved the whole micky take the presenters did about the whole 'Shinji is an Emo' thing. :twisted:

If you haven't seen Elfen Lied before, or even know what it's about, the first episode will be a bit of a wake up call! I'd love to have a hidden camera in the room where some casual people just happen across that show, the look on their faces would be priceless.

Anyway, nice to hear it went down well. Fingers crossed this is the start of something regular for them.

I'll definately watch the 1st hour, but like Ryo, I'm not interested in Guyver and seen EL numerous times. May have watched it if it was straight after NGE, but I couldnt be bothered waiting 30mins...

Let's face it though, most of you guys are huge Anime fans so have probably seen all the series currently shown. In addition to this, everyone has their faves/hates, so not all the series are to everyone's taste!

Surely the purpose is to try an spread the word a bit more in order to get Anime a wider exposure in the UK. Dub over sub was always going to be the case as well!

Back