Anime Network coming to UK TV! 2hr block starts in June!

They said at the beginning of the show that the popular Anime Networks came over from America, or something along those vague lines.

I've only seen a very little bit, but it seems very well put together, considering it's on a no-name channel.

Emma Viecelli is quite nice...but the poor guy looked incredibly bored.

Aaron said:
I've only seen a very little bit, but it seems very well put together, considering it's on a no-name channel.

Well, you have to consider that The Anime Network on Propeller is the (first) UK incarnation of the ADV's US-based Anime Network and is not created in any way by the channel hosting it. ADV simply pay Propeller for the time slot in which to air and ADV handle the rest (or something along those lines). For their part I suspect that ADV receive revenue from advertisers during that period.

Gawyn said:
Aaron said:

Well, you have to consider that The Anime Network on Propeller is the (first) UK incarnation of the ADV's US-based Anime Network and is not created in any way by the channel hosting it. ADV simply pay Propeller for the time slot in which to air and ADV handle the rest (or something along those lines). For their part I suspect that ADV receive revenue from advertisers during that period.

adverts? i didn't have enough time to run downstairs and get a drink, they showed adverts?

If any of you guys are interested, take a look at this blog of the experiences in recording the first episode, written by Stuart Claw (the male presenter)...

http://www.animenetwork.co.uk/news.php?selectNewsID=4

I do think reading this kind of stuff is quite reassuring, since it shows these aren't faceless suits looking to make a quick couple of quid out of the anime community, they are genuinely trying to expand the UK fan base.

Paul said:
If any of you guys are interested, take a look at this blog of the experiences in recording the first episode, written by Stuart Claw (the male presenter)...

http://www.animenetwork.co.uk/news.php?selectNewsID=4

I do think reading this kind of stuff is quite reassuring, since it shows these aren't faceless suits looking to make a quick couple of quid out of the anime community, they are genuinely trying to expand the UK fan base.

tbf i thought it was good they briefly explained the series at the start

good for people new to anime

I enjoyed the whole show. Hadn't seen Coyote Ragtime Show before, but i quite enjoyed it. NGE, I watched that cos I haven't seen it in a while.

Guyver!!! Ive been waiting for its release over here since I first heard about the remake nearly 2 years ago. Ive seen the whose series on fansub, and I really enjoyed it, and I did quite enjoy the dub too. My only qualm with the dub tho was the mispronunciation of some of the character names. Its kind of a pet hate of mine, that stupid american vioce actios can't pronounce Japanese names properly. Is such a shame that nearly all the anime dubbing companies stumble on this problem, and it kind of ruins the feel of the show for me that they can't say names properly.

Elfel Lied, didnt watch this, as I dont really like it all that much, tho i do have all the dvds lol.

I will deffo be watching again next week.

Oh yeah, the female presenter, Emma Vieceli was it? She's well hot, can wait to see her again next week :wink:

I am picky so i wouldn't read a Shakespeare comic; i call it a comic because it is English made and reads left to right.

I think they're is one to go along with the Romeo X Juliet anime so i more likely to read that.

Ryo Chan said:
on a slightly side note,

should we worry that the admins on the animenetwork forums are american? lol

Ha, I wouldn't worry about that, both Stuart and Emma were made moderators of the UK part of the forum the other day.

Hi everyone, I'm Rai, the Admin for the Anime Network forums. As you may or may not know (obviously you do), we are currently broadcasting some of our programs to the UK in the form of a New Two-Hour Block on SKY Channel 195.

We're looking to come out strong with this thing, and are in the process of forming an advertising campaign, or what we call a "street team" in the UK. What this is is a group of people who will receive promotional posters, DVDs pamphlets, stickers, etc. to give away at conventions, anime shops, fan clubs and so forth in order to advertise our block of programming. For their services, the people who will be chosen for this will receive T shirts, DVDs, and other fun things that they can play around with.

Couple of rules:

You MUST be over 18 to participate.
You MUST have an address where we can send you our promotional items (think big boxes).
You MUST be committed to helping get the Anime movement going in the UK of course!

If you meet these criteria please visit our forums at http://www.theanimenetwork.com/vbforum/index.php and head for the UK Section. More details will be provided there as interest rises.

I hope to hear from a lot of you soon! Thanks for the time!

Rai

Rai said:
Ryo Chan said:
on a slightly side note,

should we worry that the admins on the animenetwork forums are american? lol

Ha, I wouldn't worry about that, both Stuart and Emma were made moderators of the UK part of the forum the other day.

Rai

Welcome to the forums Rai, nice to see you're taking the time to come register here.

If you wanted more publicity for your advertising team then i would recommend dropping an email to Paul ([email protected]) and see if he will post it as a new item.

Always good to see anime venture onto the big screen and as always I wish you the best of luck. However if you would care to hook me up with free Sky, that would be much appreciated.

Well I did send him a message he just never got back to me, so i figured i would just post it here.

Thanks for your bit of luck, hope to get this project up and running!

Rai said:
Well I did send him a message he just never got back to me, so i figured i would just post it here.

Thanks for your bit of luck, hope to get this project up and running!

Give me a chance, it takes me a while get around to dealing with the serious stuff :)

why do i get the image of people being beaten on the streets of Preston for handing out posters and stickers XD

sounding good though

Mohawk52 said:
Masaka_Naraku said:
AWESOME!!! mORE ANIME!!!!!!

Elfen Lied rocks but...How can I watch it without my parents walking around. (Sky is in the living room. and its the only place I can watch it).
Well it is rated 15. Have you ever explained that anime is not just for kids? Would they be upset on moral and ethical, or religious grounds? If not, invite them to watch it with you, if you are at least 15 that is. :wink:

I'm 17 =D
I watched the last ep of Excel Saga and nobody saw the scenes with nudity (well the scenes with partial nudity i mean). I used to avoid watching anime in the living room for the very same reason.(Depends what anime) but I watch anime there now.

Well. I dunno if I can convince my parents. I'm sure I mentioned about it before. (They don't care about the anime stuff etc etc but they barely know a thing). actually. I'll wait and see what there responses are when they find out. (Its okay if my other family member watches 18 stuff. Come on!).
My other family members DONT Believe me XD I'd love it if they were gob smacked if they saw Elfen Lied.

I missed this weeks cause I forgot what date its on. I seen episode 1 soo...Phew.

Sky rocks. I'm gonna book elfen lied. Wish me luck!
(No really. It's like a deathmatch and I hate it when the tvs used. I book it and remind them XDD).

EDIT : What time does Elfen Lied air? It dosent say on sky.

Back