Anime Network coming to UK TV! 2hr block starts in June!

I think it will move to it's own channel if it has been a success clearly ADV feel the anime market in the UK is big enough to justify a channel.

Just get a Sky box, I've been cut off from Sky for a year now, and the channel and a lot of others work fine, all you need is the box. >_>

J_C_X said:
I think it will move to it's own channel if it has been a success clearly ADV feel the anime market in the UK is big enough to justify a channel.
I suspect that is not true. If they were planning such a move they would have submitted a request to Ofcom by now as they would be obliged to. I don't think ADV have any delusions of the size of the anime market and this slot on the propeller channel is really just a tester to see if it could work. ADV will probably make some formal comment as to their plans in due course, close to the end of the scheduled run or shortly thereafter.

I hope ADV will make a deal with big channels like Sky one or something >.>

Or channel 4. And I think channel 4 will allow them since they own a lot of Studio Ghibl on Film 4

J_C_X said:

You are joking...

Look at their time table in America

http://www.theanimenetwork.com/24-7-schedule.php

DNAngel and FF : U don't even get a rerun, and the current situation in UK on anime is aimed at Teenager and University Students.

Hopefully, the Timetable will differ from the US. But I think their morning slot should be full of Teleshoping til 3pm. Put some decent kids show (like Last Exile >.> and anything kiddish)

Then starting from 6pm, put some good anime.

But why am I giving these ideas when the time we're gonna get a full dedicated anime channel apart from Animax is the time when Hell freezes over

Edit : Basically, I wouldn't mind showing some J-Pop or J-Rock or some kind of Anime Soundtrack to fill up the Time Slots

Ryo Chan said:
u also need to remember ADV will probually only show programs they have licenced here aswell

Let's hope Funimation jump on the bandwagon and bring the Funimation Channel here in one form or another.

Yes, in some backwatter channel in the 200's that no one knows about due to a lack of advertising.

Actauly, a lack of advertising and teh fact that realy the price upon which any sod would buy a given dvd is £10 is two of the points as to why Anime DVDs don't sell too well over here.

Chrono Demon said:
I hope ADV will make a deal with big channels like Sky one or something >.>

Or channel 4. And I think channel 4 will allow them since they own a lot of Studio Ghibl on Film 4

J_C_X said:

You are joking...

Look at their time table in America

http://www.theanimenetwork.com/24-7-schedule.php

DNAngel and FF : U don't even get a rerun, and the current situation in UK on anime is aimed at Teenager and University Students.

Hopefully, the Timetable will differ from the US. But I think their morning slot should be full of Teleshoping til 3pm. Put some decent kids show (like Last Exile >.> and anything kiddish)

Then starting from 6pm, put some good anime.

But why am I giving these ideas when the time we're gonna get a full dedicated anime channel apart from Animax is the time when Hell freezes over

Edit : Basically, I wouldn't mind showing some J-Pop or J-Rock or some kind of Anime Soundtrack to fill up the Time Slots

If it was'nt for these daft OFCOM rules I'd imagine this would probably be a late night block on Jetix or something.

Conan-san said:
Yep, between OFCOM and the BBFC, the goverment has us quite by the balls.

OFCOM have no balls stand up to them and they back down, it was'nt OFCOM who made ITV shut down the ill-fated ITV play it was pressure from within the media that did it.

The EPG rules are stupid and hypocritical, surely there are in need of a urgent overhaul, wether this is Sky or OFCOM's descision, I don't know.

Look at America's late night blocks on Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon bring much needed extra revenue to these channels.

I won`t be able to watch it because I don`t have sky I have virgin media but I hope they put it on channel 4 or make a channel that would go on sky and virgin media.

Idealy what ADV should be doing is geting the stuff that they could easily air at an acceptiable time; such as Princess Tutu, Princess Nine, Keroro Gunsou (if they ever get around to releaseing that) GadGuard (and I say that as I'm thinking outside of the box of th kids' section so those scenes with the carrot and what not are a nonissue) and the like, and brokering deals left right and centere with channels such as Sci-Fi, Xleague (because I do not think for one minute that Guru Larry, awesome Screwattack.com guy as he is, can hold that channel up by himself) and such.

Hell, CBBC is geting it's hours uped to 9pm before the end of next month, surely some company can click and say, "Hey, lets have this show on and time it so that people have something to watch in the intrum before heros or something".

Back