UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

That's reasonable and I'm glad you guys are working so hard to prevent any of the stock being damaged. I think what led to disappointment for me is that the communications weren't really good enough about the various problems going on here.

For example I thought the only problem at hand was the certificates which is obviously not the case, and that's why I made the post I did above about being disappointed because I figured that stock was just sat there waiting to go out and only being held up by these certificates. This was only made worse when it was revealed that the certificates are being sent out later anyway, so I'm sure you can see where I'm coming from here. :)

Totally get where you're coming from :)! As you know too we strive to go beyond that but right at that time we were in the middle of a maelstrom of London Film Festival, Scotland Loves Anime, MCM Comic Con London and preparation for the Your Name theatrical alongside a tonne of preparation for Q4. We strive to maximise everything, especially relaying info to customers but there's sadly only so much we can all manage at once and while we'd usually have broken it all down, in this case I just relayed to Jeremy the most urgent one at the time to pass on.

Hang in there with us :)!

AP

Next one will indeed be Asuka (and Mari) all going to plan :)!

AP
Eww.

:p

Unsure if I'll be picking up 1.11, it looks alright I guess and the spines nice but I have the Manga and the Japanese LEs (albeit my 2.22s spine faded due to sunlight, which is annoying as I haven't even had it that long) and the asking price is a bit more than I'd be willing to spend on it again....we shall see I guess.

what, Kaworu should be on 3.33.

EDIT: Crisis averted, Mari and Asuka on 2.22, that makes sense, you need two to compensate and make up for the other because they're so bland and garbage.

Escaflowne UE arrived today. Which came as a nice perk after some crushing personal disappointments yesterday. Especially as this is likely to not only be the only Ultimate Edition I ever fork out for, but quite possibly one of the last anime box sets of any description I buy for a very, very long time.

Bloody hell - this thing was designed to break shelves! But I've got next to no complaints. The artbook's lovely (and actually feels like something I'll flip through more than twice) and there's an appreciable cost / quality / value for money ratio here. I'm especially excited about the film and the soundtracks!

My postman is terrible.
Nothing for me yesterday (from AL, HMV, or Amazon). I never seem to get parcels on Saturday.

Also, I have tickets to MCM Birmingham, are AL going to be there?
If so, any special deals or early releases?
It's my first con and have lots of money burning a hole in my pocket. :)

Last edited:

I also would like to know about this as well. I did some background info and they did turn up last year (and even had early bird deals for Tokyo Ghoul and Gundam).

And yes I'm going to MCM Birmingham also. ;)

My postman is terrible.
Nothing for me yesterday (from AL, HMV, or Amazon). I never seem to get parcels on Saturday.

Hey hey,

We'll be back - same deals as MCM London too so folks don't miss out on specials!

AP

Hey hey,

We'll be back - same deals as MCM London too so folks don't miss out on specials!

AP

Ouwtg6y.jpg

Back