UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Am curious as to whether Zeta Gundam is still on course for Nov 28th?

I ask only as obviously there was stock for other late-Nov titles like Tatami Galaxy and Lucky Star available at MCM - but Zeta Gundam wasn't.

Am hoping we'll at least be able to get it before Christmas.

Hey hey,

We'll be back - same deals as MCM London too so folks don't miss out on specials!

AP
What about the Hyper Japan Christmas Market? Would like to pick up a copy of Tatami Galaxy there if possible (hopefully at a resaonable price; unless you do a pre-order offer in your webshop).

I ask only as obviously there was stock for other late-Nov titles like Tatami Galaxy and Lucky Star available at MCM - but Zeta Gundam wasn't.

Yeah I'm curious as well. I was hoping it would magically turn up for Birmingham.

Then again I wouldn't mind seeing other sets turn up like Case of Hana & Alice or Claymore or Tokyo Marble Chocolate.

Yeah we need Zeta!
Congratulations for your work on these 2 bad boys, great quality! ( g Reco subs are very good, what was all the fuss about?)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 22
Yeah I'm curious as well. I was hoping it would magically turn up for Birmingham.

Then again I wouldn't mind seeing other sets turn up like Case of Hana & Alice or Claymore or Tokyo Marble Chocolate.

Realistically here - The Case of Hana & Alice is the only one on that list likely, along with Fairy Tail Part 10 and Ouran High timing wise. Production is underway on Claymore and the parts for TMC are done but authoring for TMC has taken longer due to new materials being needed.

Best,

AP

Hey hey,

We'll be back - same deals as MCM London too so folks don't miss out on specials!

AP

:O
Sounds great!

So I'll be able to get:
Lucky Star
Miss Hokusai Ultimate
Tatami Galaxy
Case of Hana and Alice (possibly)

I'll wait on Voices / Place Promised as have it for £20 from Amazon. Most others I already have.
I'm hoping for Yona Part 2 and Erased Part 1 as well.

Last edited:
Realistically here - The Case of Hana & Alice is the only one on that list likely, along with Fairy Tail Part 10 and Ouran High timing wise. Production is underway on Claymore and the parts for TMC are done but authoring for TMC has taken longer due to new materials being needed.

Best,

AP

Ah no worries. I haven't seen Ouran yet so I may pick that one up. But the Case of Hana & Alice I'm curious to check out (rotoscoping anime intrigues me).

Yeah, the lack of an update is worrying. Feels like we've been messed around so much with Zeta now, I don't have faith in any date we're given, I'll believe it's out when it's in my hands...

I worry poor Andrew or Jeremy will pull a Tomino. As in there's an urban legend that he was pestered by fans at a con, smashed up a Gunpla and cried "THERE'S your new Gundam!"

It wouldn't surprise me if No-Rin had gone the way of Rainy Cocoa...

Am happy to wait as long as necessary for Zeta, but the shifting dates on it does worry me a little in terms of long term prospects for Gundam in the UK. Given the brutal reality of the UK market, I just worry that at some point or other, we'll reach a stage post-Zeta where further UK Gundam releases (UC ones at any rate) just aren't viable any more in terms of no. of units they'd sell - and then we'll basically end up in the state that happened last time with Bandai where we're kind of caught in the middle with only some of the franchise released and the rest doomed to languish OOP forever.

I feel like I'm in the minority here as Gundam fan, and totally understand why other series are more attractive prospects to get out there first - but it's so rare we get pre 00s anime (even more so pre 90s anime) released these days in the UK, I have to admit I get a bit more invested in it than normal - especially as these shows are normally exactly the ones that aren't available for legal streaming.

I still think the situation with Gundam is a muddled one and it's not necessarily AL's fault. I actually got to work on the US side of the brand 10 years ago and in that position heard a lot about the absolute nightmare Sunrise can be to work with. We already know they aren't happy with how the UK is obviously a smaller market. Likewise, if you saw Bandai's booth at MCM last weekend you know they seemed to be quietly selling off a lot of their directly Japan related stuff. Part of that was Sprukits, which were intentionally designed to be a gateway for Gunpla into the US and UK market. The US pulled that off but no one really took the bait over here. Gunpla sales are a HUGE part of why Gundam continues so I'm sure that is also a contributing factor. Likewise, I'm still convinced that Brexit scaring away Japanese investment might also have a mild hand such as why we're now seeing Gundam releases here needing to be made with France in mind too.

Yeah I'd like more timely Gundam and I'm not saying others shouldn't express that desire (I certainly rarely shut up) but I think based on a range of evidence it's not a simple situation. AL as a company have earned my respect and trust.

I think after Zeta and ZZ are out, I'll just start importing the US releases. Whatever the hold up is, be it AL's fault or not, I am not waiting YEARS just to get all of UC

Yeah, I'm also thinking beyond UC as well. 00 I'd love, same with Wing etc.

I rarely import due to time and usually base it on how a set looks etc., but with Gundam it's a bit of an exception.

Anyways, I'm very much enjoying Outlaw Star and Lucky Star at the moment and very happy that we have been given the opportunity to have them on Blu-ray. OS looks beautiful but man, LS really has some poor PQ there.

Back