UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Im importing past CCA I think. Victory I may get ALs but All the OVAs and Turn A Im importing

A word of advice: DO NOT import the US Turn A DVD sets if picture quality is important to you (and I know you like to get the best quality releases you can.)

They're blocky looking sets with noticeable pixellation, which really takes the edge off the show. As AL have mentioned they're looking to release the show on Blu Ray, that'll almost certainly be a better edition.

A word of advice: DO NOT import the US Turn A DVD sets if picture quality is important to you (and I know you like to get the best quality releases you can.)

They're blocky looking sets with noticeable pixellation, which really takes the edge off the show. As AL have mentioned they're looking to release the show on Blu Ray, that'll almost certainly be a better edition.

In case you didn't know, Turn-∀ is getting the first half on Blu-ray from TRSI starting February 7th 2017.

Yep, I love OS also. More Sunrise 90s/00s series please! Space Runaway Ideon would be cool too...

Agreed 100%. It's been nearly four years since the Japanese Blu-Ray release

space-runaway-ideon-theatrical-edition-bluray-sesshoku-hen-hatsu-351431.1.jpg

Space_Runaway_Ideon_Densetsu_Kyojin_Ideon_Blu-ray_Box_265937.1.jpg

From the screencaps I've seen, the transfers look gorgeous. I'm surprised it's never been licensed before; the series itself does get a bit repetitive but Ideon: Be Invoked is a mindblowing film. The link between Gundam and Evangelion in more ways than one.

Yup been saying that for a while. Rightstuf used the old unreleased Bandai US dvd masters and just inserted their logo at the start, this is the reason why it is spread over 12 discs.

Although I'm not quite ready to "jump ship" off of the UK Gundam releases just yet (though I'll admit it's not looking great at the moment...), are the US Blu-rays Region A only, or do they play over here? Otherwise it'll be a moot point as I use my PS4 as my blu-ray player and that can't be made region free...

Although I'm not quite ready to "jump ship" off of the UK Gundam releases just yet (though I'll admit it's not looking great at the moment...), are the US Blu-rays Region A only, or do they play over here? Otherwise it'll be a moot point as I use my PS4 as my blu-ray player and that can't be made region free...
The US blu-rays are all Region A, though a couple of their DVDs are Region 1 & 2.

Yup, while some fans are happy to import - personally a region free player / importing US discs is an expense I can't really afford at the moment - so any UK releases of Gundam are much appreciated. I'm not ready to give up hope yet!

My Escaflowne set arrived today, just unpacked it to find the rigid card tray that the digipaks are held in to be damaged. There is a tear on the top right and all but one of the sides are seperated from the back where they are glued down.

Apart from that its just the usual slight creasing on the edges of the outer from the shrink wrap, but I can live with that. Not having the digipaks be able to sit securely in the box is though.

Podcast
No Kerry, Jeremy is on holiday.
Your Name getting coverage
Empire, Telegraph, Guardian
Your Name posters on London Tube
Showcase doing sub/dub screening shows between 18th-24th one a day
Your Name physical release will include OST.
English dub news next week
Thanks to MCM.
Outlaw Star Someone couldnt keep to a schedule (Zavvi)
They can hold stock usually for 2 weeks prior to shipping, as storage costs
FMA UE. Delays due to stock shipping.
7th Nov 4PM update packaging update as they are shipping together zavvi separately certificate.
Next week shipping probably.
Gundam!!!
Zeta Gundam is coming January
Many issues a combo.
Re discussion with sunrise.
Difference with US
Authoring.
Gundam Wing shouldnt be impacted
G Gundam
08th wont
Gundam changes which means they will speed up process.
They wont give dates till they can be certain they can have a date. But delays can still happen.
They do love Gundam
Rec in G Plug
EVANGELION
Silver Spoon BD only
1.11 people are confused .
They had the opportunity to get the film (1.11)
They want to REBUILD EVA in UK
They want to release 2 +3 dunno yet.
passion project
Phase 1
Shinji is on the reverse of the artwork
Or "shut up and get the in the robot"
It is the one of most popular deals.
They have met with studio Khara in prior times.
Consistency, Mari and Asuka. We should be 2.22
Most likely.
They are surprised at the success due to the prior releases.
It was supposed to be a advert for it coming it was a surprise at how quick due to it being a weekend only deal etc.
TV SERIES - Just 1.11. Baby steps so they want to get to all of Eva
Social Media should be slow due to Jeremy being away.
MCM Birmingham Andrew and Keith.
They plugged Your Name AGAIN

Last edited:
Back