UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

That Eva set looks pretty tasty.

Yeah - things seem to have gone very quiet on Claymore. Personally, it wasn't a title I was super chomping at the bit to get (like Escaflowne or Gundam) but it does come back to the thing I mentioned before about a certain unease I have about titles announced before others ultimately ending up slipping behind in the 'order' in which Anime Ltd releases them.

While I can totally understand the business sense in a) avoiding saturating the market with too many releases and b) making sure 'hot' / new shows come out sooner rather than later - I do worry about it getting to a point where so many titles are slipping back it sort of becomes an endless rolling belt of titles shifting because there's never quite a convenient slot for them to come out / new stuff just keeps coming in that's more important.

Meeh, easy pass. I mean...it always was going to be a pass for me but as somebody who owns pretty much every release of Eva from the UK and US platinum Collections to the limited edition holiday special, the LaserDisc Genesis 1 through 12, EoE LD Box, Japanese renewal rentals, the 2003 monolith boxset, Japanese TV BD set and 2015 archive DVD set, both Manga Rebuild BD Collectors Editions and Japanese Rebuild collectors Editions among many others, I'm clearly addicted to Eva, but this set looks boring and does nothing for me. Fitting for the Rebuild film I guess.

Silver Spoon on Blu-ray is excellent news.

Will courier be UPS? Concerned as some others are an absolute pain if you miss them.

Do wonder that myself, as i got a shipping confirmation for Escaflowne to. The email states 'Track your shipment to see the delivery status' but there's no link to track, not in the email or on the order page in AL's webshop.

So contacted AL regarding this.

If Zavvi were going to be sending out the certificates separately anyway then I have to say I am very disappointed about the delay because I could have had my set this week if there truly wasn't any problems with the stock beyond the fact certificates hadn't been done in time. I don't really see the point in having delayed the Zavvi stock at all at this point. :/

All these last minute delays are really not helping with budget balancing either. ^^;

Stock also took longer to clear customs than planned and given the weight of the units you have to keep in mind freight to Zavvi is the only way to do it so this all takes time to ensure it's shipped properly. So basically this is all in line with the course so no reason to be disappointed because there's no way it could have left any sooner :).

AP

Stock also took longer to clear customs than planned and given the weight of the units you have to keep in mind freight to Zavvi is the only way to do it so this all takes time to ensure it's shipped properly. So basically this is all in line with the course so no reason to be disappointed because there's no way it could have left any sooner :).

AP

That's reasonable and I'm glad you guys are working so hard to prevent any of the stock being damaged. I think what led to disappointment for me is that the communications weren't really good enough about the various problems going on here.

For example I thought the only problem at hand was the certificates which is obviously not the case, and that's why I made the post I did above about being disappointed because I figured that stock was just sat there waiting to go out and only being held up by these certificates. This was only made worse when it was revealed that the certificates are being sent out later anyway, so I'm sure you can see where I'm coming from here. :)

Back