UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

There are a myriad of other Sunrise titles, all of which have Gundam in the title, I'd rather they put out before worrying about Buddy Complex

We were told 2016, it would be nice to what, if anything, is happening with regards to it.

I don't really want much, just a standard edition. Apologies if that's too much for Gundam fans. :|

AL have managed to have Gundam being released (or delayed) while also releasing other Sunrise titles. I think it's possible for them to pursue Buddy Complex without it being detrimental to the release timing of MSG, I mean it has been chaos but I don't think not looking into Buddy Complex would help us get any closer to more Gundam.

For me, Buddy Complex is more Sunrise so I'd be happy with a release.

Am kind of glad of a bit of space - after grabbing Lucky Star, Tatami Galaxy and Escaflowne at MCM - need a bit of space to get ready for the FMA box-set.

Attack on Titan - Original Soundtrack 1 has been sold out on your webshop for awhile now, is it OOP or will it be re-stocked?

While on the subject of soundtracks are there any plans for you to release any others?

I was lucky star enough to get the Bandai version. If and when they'll release S1 of Haruhi then we can talk businesses. As in me throwing money at their face for a copy and that poster I never received...

Outlaw Star.

Bright yellow subtitles.

Why.

oKYkD2g.jpg

I'm just baffled at how it's 2016 and we still have companies using yellow subtitles. There's a reason why a yellow subtitle is rarely spotted outside of releases from distributors like Sentai, Media Blasters, and Animeigo who have been around since the early/mid 90s - when yellow was arguably necessary for VHS - and are stuck in their ways. It's because they're an eyesore.

Who even did the authoring? Only AL's logo plays at the start, and of the dozen or so releases of theirs I own, only DRRR has yellow subtitles.

I'm just baffled at how it's 2016 and we still have companies using yellow subtitles. There's a reason why a yellow subtitle is rarely spotted outside of releases from distributors like Sentai, Media Blasters, and Animeigo who have been around since the early/mid 90s - when yellow was arguably necessary for VHS - and are stuck in their ways. It's because they're an eyesore.

Who even did the authoring? Only AL's logo plays at the start, and of the dozen or so releases of theirs I own, only DRRR has yellow subtitles.

Justin Sevakis' MediaOCD authored on behalf of AL, I believe.

Justin Sevakis did the authoring.

I am amused by this twist.

(Also in the 'I don't care what colour they are so long as I can read them' camp, though the mid-green subtitles from some releases in ye olde days can stay buried forever.)

R

In fairness, it is a show from the 90s so was a nostalgia kick there more than anything :). The set as a whole delivers great quality & value for money so hopefully you can live with one title having yellow subs.
Personally I have little nostalgia for the 90s so the effect was somewhat lost on me. Seems like a poor reason to use a subtitle colour that the majority of anime and foreign film distributors have, for good reason, left in the past, but oh well.

I just wish you'd had the same nostalgia kick for your DVD release - which has white subtitles - so that I might have known what to expect.

Back