UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Oh great another expense in November, just what I needed >_> think I'll have to pass for now, hopefully it'll hang around long enough for me to pick up later, but seriously %£$& this...

So I was just listening to Me!Me!Me! after a fair while and I remembered @anime_andrew had an interest in acquiring the Nihon Animator Mihonichi ONA series. I was wondering if that was still possible to acquire, even though they haven't been released on home video yet in Japan.

It's a shame these 35* shorts are not legally available anymore because it was cool seeing a bunch of different shorts, from Carnage all the way to Robot on the Road. The full list is here for those interested. Heck the Evangelion shorts were great to view (until you come to me, the 7th short, is actually set after Evangelion: 3.0).

*It's technically 36 shorts, with Mobile Police Patlabor Reboot being the extra 36th. Plus the first short The Dragon's Dentist is available to view until March 2017.

From what I remember, Andrew said it was talking a lot of work as they hadn't completed all the contracts with a view to a home video release, so they were having to go back and sort all that out before they continued. With 35/6 shorts to work on, you can see why it would take a long time.

Picked up my copy of Outlaw Star this morning. Have to say this is one of the best sets AL have done, it has a real quality feel to it. The art book is exactly what id want from an art book. If your a fan of the series its well worth picking up, id imagine it may end up selling out fairly quickly.

Id love AL to pick up Space Battleship Yamato 2199 and give it the same treatment

Re: shorts, I've got my fingers crossed that the Genius Party set sells well because they are (or most of them are, at least!) phenomenal. That would presumably bode well for further short film collections/omnibuses. I wonder if there's any chance of them including other Studio 4C shorts as extras as well - Noiseman Sound Insect, Eternal Family, Survival, Digital Juice, Deep Imagination and Amazing nuts!

It wont magically sell out in November, so why not just buy it in December?
That's the plan, I'm more concerned about the pre-order discounts floating around right now not being available in December meaning I'll have to pay £10-£15 more for it because of the date coming forward. I could be getting annoyed about nothing but currently UP1 and AoL have the best prices and I'm under the impression they remove the discounts after release.

That's the plan, I'm more concerned about the pre-order discounts floating around right now not being available in December meaning I'll have to pay £10-£15 more for it because of the date coming forward. I could be getting annoyed about nothing but currently UP1 and AoL have the best prices and I'm under the impression they remove the discounts after release.

If it were me, and the discounts disappear then if just wait until the price reaches that price again. But I'm weird, I'm now avoiding buying things day 1 and for any more than £30 anyway! (I bought gundam rec in g for 39 quid but that's a full 26 episode show so works out decent value imi)

Back