What you guys doing right now.

Having my laptop possessed by Bjork's Drawing Restraint 9 soundtrack.

I put the CD in the drive. It spent a little while searching. It started to spin up. it kept spinning up... It kept spinning up. I tried to eject the disc. The disc wouldn't eject. Windows Explorer crashed. I tried to shut down the computer. The computer wouldn't shut down. I yanked the power cable and ejected the battery.

After the power went off, the drive was going so fast it took over a minute to spin back down.

ayase said:

I put the CD in the drive. It spent a little while searching. It started to spin up. it kept spinning up... It kept spinning up. I tried to eject the disc. The disc wouldn't eject. Windows Explorer crashed. I tried to shut down the computer. The computer wouldn't shut down. I yanked the power cable and ejected the battery.

After the power went off, the drive was going so fast it took over a minute to spin back down.
LOL. I was wondering how an Bjork album would possess a laptop... =D did you manage to eject it now?

ayase said:

In the IT trade, we've heard of this plenty of times....it's called Bjork Syndrome....our final judgement on how to rectify this problem is to never listen to Bjorks rambling wails. and to replace with some classic Meatloaf :p

Being serious now....It seems like your pc might have been trying to do too much at once and putting the CD into the disc drive just finished it off.
In future if your PC crashes, Either give it a couple of minutes to see if it catches itself up. Or hold the power button for 5-10seconds and it'll turn off the system. (warning: Latter option will lose any data you haven't saved unless your programs have autosave and saved themselves before the crash) If the problem persists......firstly snap the Bjork disc in half......then Let me know and i may be able to offer some support.

On topic: I had my second lesson of the final course lastnight....It was a good laugh :) my teacher is a really decent bloke.
Watched some more DBZ lastnight.....i'm only part way through disc 3 so i expect to be a long while before i get to the frieza saga.

Tachi- said:
ayase said:

In the IT trade, we've heard of this plenty of times....it's called Bjork Syndrome....our final judgement on how to rectify this problem is to never listen to Bjorks rambling wails. and to replace with some classic Meatloaf , which will possess you instead
Fix't ;)

I used some of my Tesco Gift Card money to make a stir fry today. After some deliberation, I eventually opted to use a red pepper instead of a green one.

Currently I'm waiting to hear news of my UP1 orders. I take it that they'll only send a message once the items' status changes from "Order Placed".

Wondering if it's normal to hear birdsong in the middle of the night. I'm pretty sure it isn't, and I'm relatively sure I haven't gone insane.

Never thought i'd be reviving this thread, hah.

Anyway I felt this is better suited here than the General Conversation thread cause everyone's wishing Chaos a happy birthday n ****.

ANYWAY! I just tested myself as part of my revision to see how many of the 12 case studies i've gotta learn i've memorized. So my technique was to make desktop backgrounds with Phoenix Wright characters and the cases with 'em to help recall, and bloody hell it has worked.

In under a week i've managed to learn about 10 out of 12 8)

Let's keep this up till the exam 8)

Godot said:
ANYWAY! I just tested myself as part of my revision to see how many of the 12 case studies i've gotta learn i've memorized. So my technique was to make desktop backgrounds with Phoenix Wright characters and the cases with 'em to help recall, and bloody hell it has worked.

In under a week i've managed to learn about 10 out of 12 8)

Let's keep this up till the exam 8)
Gratz matey. Go for it! Run this positive luck into the examination and get in there! :)

Just got back from some shopping. Was originally just to get a pressie for a friend's b-day next week, but it then became more as Ryo drops the list on me... At least he's paying for the good part of it. :D

Eurostar finally gave me my refund (I was one of those people stuck in Paris in the run up to Xmas) Doing my best not to spend it, but the internet may erode my will power...

Currently, watching Devil May Cry, watching Dante eat strawberry sundae's is really making me hungry. :) I'm currently on the prison episode. I can't believe the prison guard tried to pimp Dante! LOL! It was so funny (in a not-funny) way!

M.G x

Hey there Otaku-san

It has indeed. My laptop has been in for (a lot of) repairs so I have been internet-less for a looong time. How people survive without a laptop I don't know. I cant even remember what life was like before the internet.

Hey again MG! 8) It's Spyro but i've had a name change.

OT: I'm about to start building my new desk which will encompass an enormous part of my room.

WISH ME LUCK!

Godot said:
Hey again MG! 8) It's Spyro but i've had a name change.

OT: I'm about to start building my new desk which will encompass an enormous part of my room.

WISH ME LUCK!

hope it's not one from argos

or if it is, u've checked u have all the right parts ;)

Back