What Music are you listening to? Discussions Welcome!

Discussion in 'Media Discussion' started by NormanicGrav, Jun 18, 2016.

1. D1tchd1gger

D1tchd1gger Vampire Ninja

The first single I remember getting was The Art of Noise - Close (to the Edit)

2. HWR

HWR Pokémon Master

Art of Noise are great. They did an album without Trevor Horn which was quite good as well.

Won a Grammy for this I believe

3. Shadow Cat

Shadow Cat School Idol

Listening to all the Touhou Fantasy Kaleidoscope openings

Loved this doujin series

4. Greboruri

Greboruri Completely Average High School Student

Accidentally discovered an obscure record label in the US is re-issuing an album from one of my favourite bands; eX-Girl. They were a quite unusual three piece from Tokyo who began in the late 1990's and lasted about a decade. They were this odd mix of punk, noise and psychedelia with weird vocal arrangements thrown in. The other odd thing about them was their drummer had a simple set up and stood throughout their gigs. They were later championed by Mike Patton and Jello Biafra, but pretty much are unknown in the west, even though they were clearly aiming for western ears. Anyway, decided to give their second LP, "Kero! Kero! Kero!" another listen.

JTO likes this.
  5. IncendiaryLemon

IncendiaryLemon Captain Karen AUKN Staff

So the radio was on today and I was hit with this blast from the past

I totally forgot this song existed, but it's actually pretty great. Makes me yearn for a time when something like this could get airplay on a pop-centric station. This song reached number three on the UK charts, something you would *never* see now. I just hope there's a time in the future where you can tune into a top 40 station and hear music that isn't just endless EDM/house trash that all sounds identical, with the occasional abysmal Ed Sheeran song in between. How I despise what pop music has become.

6. D1tchd1gger

D1tchd1gger Vampire Ninja

Akira OST. Great soundtrack up there with the best sci-fi soundtracks with the likes of Blade Runner, Tron Legacy and Oblivion.
    My favourite track is Winds Over Neo-Tokyo, shame it's so short.

7. ayase

ayase Godhand

Sad, sad, sad, whatever the circumstances.