What Music are you listening to? Discussions Welcome!

I may have outgrown my Fall Out Boy phase but I'll be damned if From Under The Cork Tree isn't still a great album. I heard Sugar, We're Going Down the other day on Radio 1 and it made me listen to the whole album again and yep, I still love it. Far more than I'd really care to admit...

Not generally a fan of FOB but I DO like Sugar We're Going Down. I also liked the song they did for Big Hero 6 :)

Meanwhile, I got talking about OMD last night, so if I may leave this - one of my favourite songs by them, and one of my favourite songs ever ^^

I've been listening to the A Place Further Than the Universe OP/ED CDs that I received recently. This is my favourite track, it's actually one of the insert songs:

Have a bit of Babymetal :p Haven't actually listened to all of their stuff, but I like this one...

Not really a fan of that type of music, but I like the contrast of their voices against the cacophony behind them.
They're quite big over here, didn't they have a tour?

It's not usually my cup of tea either, but their vocals do sound good in this :)

Jumping on the ol' Slipknot train in my early teens with Volume 3: The Subliminal Verses, I have very much neglected the earlier two albums put out by the band in the early 2000s, their self titled debut and the follow up Iowa, which I mostly wrote off for being too heavy for me. Volume 3 marked a turning point for the band which saw them tone down their abrasiveness in order to achieve a more melodic sound, albeit one that still retains their general heaviness, and the same can be said even more so for their fourth album All Hope Is Gone. However, given their fifth album, The Gray Chapter, was a return to a more classic sound for them, it did prompt me to recently check out their older stuff, and I'm liking some of it a surprising amount. I'll admit, there are still some tracks that go a bit beyond what I enjoy listening to (although who knows, perhaps those will grow on me too) but tracks like Left Behind, Spit It Out and Surfacing are really quite good, and I hope I can stumble across some more gems in those initial two albums, especially given their sixth release doesn't look set to appear any time soon.

Last edited:

Jumping on the ol' Slipknot train in my early teens with Volume 3: The Subliminal Verses, I have very much neglected the earlier two albums put out by the band in the early 2000s, their self titled debut and the follow up Iowa, which I mostly wrote off for being too heavy for me. Volume 3 marked a turning point for the band which saw them tone down their abrasiveness in order to achieve a more melodic sound, albeit one that still retains their general heaviness, and the same can be said even more so for their fourth album All Hope Is Gone. However, given their fifth album, The Gray Chapter, was a return to a more classic sound for them, it did prompt me to recently check out their older stuff, and I'm liking some of it a surprising amount. I'll admit, there are still some tracks that go a bit beyond what I enjoy listening to (although who knows, perhaps those will grow on me too) but tracks like Left Behind, Spit It Out and Surfacing are really quite good, and I hope I can stumble across some more gems in those initial two albums, especially given their sixth release doesn't look set to appear any time soon.

Dude, I'm personally not keen on their material, but just wanted to say I enjoyed reading your little summary regarding their music, very well written - nice one ^^

Oh I like this tune :) Hasn't it been on an advert? I'm sure that's where I've heard it before...

I am however, a little bit sad...I thought there would be actual penguins playing instruments *sigh*

Thanks for sharing ;)

Why thank you, I appreciate it! I always like to write a little about the music I listen to, and there are several past posts where I've waffled on a little too much about it :p

No problem at all ^^ Whilst there are specific types of music that I particularly gravitate towards, I like to think I've become more diverse and eclectic in the past few years, and even where I don't particularly enjoy a certain type of music/song, I can still try and appreciate it in terms of it's quality as a musical achievement.

Dude, waffle away - music is meant to be shared and appreciated ^^

You've probably heard this one as well:

Oh my goodness, yes! I love it ^^ Oh man I wish I could actually play a violin or a cello or something...

And YES, we finally have penguins...well, sort of! XD

Thanks dude :)

Back