What Music are you listening to? Discussions Welcome!

No penguins, I'm afraid, but does anyone remember this? I believe it was on the Cheltenham and Gloucester adverts back in the day...

NEEEEEEEEEEEEED to drop this in here, one of my favourite films, and one of my favourite soundtracks to a film!

The main theme/title screen music from one of my favourite games recently. So relaxing to listen to but gives you so many feeling as well!

I've gotten a bit of an obsession with Protest The Hero recently. I've always been a fan of songs that subvert traditional song structure, and as such, there's a lot of appeal in PTH's back catalogue, as it seems fairly rare for them to ever implement a chorus in their songs, instead crafting songs using ferocious yet melodic guitar work to get lodged into your head. The amount of technical prowess within the band is also astonishing, as you can see if you look up any guitar covers of their songs, due to both the speed and complexity of the playing. If you're into Prog Metal and have managed to miss these guys up to now, definitely check out their discography.

An unlikely combination that worked out really well. A concert I wish I could have been around to experience.

I've listened to a lot of classical stuff recently thanks to Sound! Euphonium. This piece plays a big part in season 2:

Who remembers this:

Back