What Music are you listening to? Discussions Welcome!

Have you watched Secret World Live? I saw Peter Gabriel on that tour and it was awesome.
Cool. But no, I don't think I've seen many live shows if at all, apart from the handful I've seen in the flesh. The only one I can think of is Hvarf/Heim by Sigur Rós. I've seen a couple of films made from an album like Pink Floyds The Wall with Bob Geldoff as Pink and, of course, Interstellar 5555. And we used to have a couple of video collections on VHS: Queen - The Greatest Hits II and Kate Bush - The Whole Story (I still vividly remember the first time I saw the Experiment IV video 😲)

The xenoblade 2 soundtrack is incredible and I can't stop listening to it.

Still, Move Forward!
We Are the Chosen Ones
Monster Surprised You
Song of Giga Rosa
Incoming!

Just A heads up the reissue of justice for all that come out in February is not the remaster the 30th anniversary remaster is ment too be coming out some time later in the year.

Just A heads up the reissue of justice for all that come out in February is not the remaster the 30th anniversary remaster is ment too be coming out some time later in the year.

I'd like a version of And Justice with an actual bass track, that'd be nice. All the fan remasterings sound great, although obviously not as good as someone could make with the proper stems.

New song from Goldfrapp that features Dave Gahan is pretty good, love me some electronica.

So Coheed and Cambria has been a band I've been vaguely aware of for quite some time now, but I was only really familiar with a handful of songs from them, however I have been interested in checking out more, so I took the initiative yesterday and listened through their third album Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV Volume One: From Fear Through The Eyes of Madness.

The track of theirs I liked the most prior to listening to this album, and indeed my impetus for picking this album in the first place, was Welcome Home. This will likely be the song most people will have likely heard from the band too, featuring in movie trailers and also appearing in several games, notably the first Rock Band game. It is an impressive and memorable song, with a bombastic orchestra, choir and some heavy guitars, with an excellent riff, however it isn’t exactly representative of the album as a whole. This sort of sound is never touched on again, instead choosing to lean into a more poppy and upbeat sound, whilst still retaining the technically impressive musicianship associated with prog rock music.

Although it wasn’t exactly the sound I was wanting from the album, that doesn’t mean I wasn’t a fan, as the majority of the songs are infectiously catchy, and I found several of them to be lodged into my brain after only a couple of listens. Highlights include Ten Speed, Crossing The Frame, Apollo I: The Writing Writer and The Suffering, all of which have some killer hooks. There were a couple of songs I wasn't huge on, such as Once Upon Your Dead Body and Wake Up, which were a bit slow for my liking, but I can at least appreciate them on some level.

To close the album out, there is the four part epic The Willing Well. Parts 1 and 2 are good songs in their own right, and Part 4 makes for a good album closer, but I was a bit dissapointed with The Willing Well III: Apollo II: The Telling Truth. I mean, it's a good song in that it's pretty much identical to one of the highlight tracks, Apollo I: The Writing Writer, however it is only slightly expanded and with different lyrics, and I think they could've done more to make the two tracks feel more unique from each other.

On the whole, I found this album to be a really solid listen, different to what I expected, but brilliant none the less. I look forward to exploring more of this bands catalogue in the future.

Working while listening to the akame ga kill soundtrack from the sentai tat collection. I was thinking some soundtracks are honestly underappreciated, I mean hear Adramalech
I also like the soundtrack AL packed with their Escaflowne UE, but I have trouble figuring out which series they are from, I mean
"EEEEeeeeEeeSSSSCAFLOOOOWWNEEeee"
2bzn09.jpg

I may make a poll for the most popular tat with LEs and CEs in the morning

Finally got around to listening to two new albums from bands I really like.

The first was Gorillaz with The Now Now which is a very synth driven album that offered some reprieve from the collab heavy Humanz and actually felt like their music again as opposed to a backing track to whichever artist was featured.

The other was Nine Inch Nails' Bad Witch whichever combined their signature grinding and harrowing beats with jazzy infusions that wouldn't feel out of place on David Bowie's final album (fitting since Trent Reznor produced music with Bowie and toured with him in 1995 for the Dissonance Tour.)

I listened to Bad Witch last weekend. I love NIN but they'll always be nostalgia and preference from the era I first properly got into them. Which was With Teeth and I then back catalogued them and became OBSESSED.
Same with Manson and Golden Age of Grotesque and I then back catalogued and Mechanical Animals resides with me a lot.

As for Gorillaz, I like Ascension, Saturnz Barz and Momentz the best. I've always liked a bit of everything they've released.

Got lofi on again this morning, just whichever YT channel has the most people listening to it live atm. I may switch to some anime OSTs again in a bit, love the opening and closing to Scums Wish far too much.

Back