What manga are you reading now?

I've been trying to read Phoenix vol. 2 for aaages, but I just can't find the time lately :/ I'll start on it tonight, though.

Trigunette said:
I watched this coloured pilot of the Dororo tv series from the late 60s, what fun eh.
part 1 and part 2 it's only 13 minutes, it's RAW and has no subs, but you know the story lol.

Awesome; I'll try to watch that later :]

Deathnote - Another Note.

Im sure that the book was written inbetween 10 and 11 of the volumes. because the author is dead just after them volumes. Either way the book is going well. Its hard to pinpoint exactly what the aim of it is...is it a story? or a biography? :s

Tachi- said:

Im sure that the book was written inbetween 10 and 11 of the volumes. because the author is dead just after them volumes. Either way the book is going well. Its hard to pinpoint exactly what the aim of it is...is it a story? or a biography? :s

wait...when you say author do you mean the person who wrote the actual book or someone in the story :? I've heard its a prequel to the series with it being the case where L was in amercia and met the FBI agent who's name i can't remember but Kira kills her...if that makes any sense

BlackWolf said:
wait...when you say author do you mean the person who wrote the actual book or someone in the story :? I've heard its a prequel to the series with it being the case where L was in amercia and met the FBI agent who's name i can't remember but Kira kills her...if that makes any sense
:eek:
Watch what you say Black, some people reading this thread may not have read or seen Deathnote yet and planned to in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:
BlackWolf said:
Tachi- said:

Its a character in the vols who has wrote it...its obviously wasn't wrote by him but the real author is giving the story as if the character is the author.
Hope thats clear enough, i don't want to spoil things for others but at the same time its hard to explain.

I just finished reading Phoenix vol. 2 and I'm in awe!

Honestly, I know I gush about Osamu Tezuka a lot, but I'm slowly coming to the conclusion that I am head over heels in love with him. Every single manga I've read from him has been astoundingly impressive; beautiful, well written, clever, thought-provoking, evocative, emotionally affecting and gorgeously drawn works of high art. He's a legend true and true and why more people aren't reading his manga is beyond my comprehension :]

The Gentlemen's Alliance Cross - half way through and I still haven't figured out why it's called that.

Evil twin, faked identity, cross dressing boy. Lovin' it so far.

M.G xx

Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou. Up volume 7. Seriously amazing. It's just...wow. A shame there isnt more manga like this.
Thoughtful. Emotional. Intellectual. Beautiful art. Simply fantastic.
I'm think i might have to order the japanese volumes. Theres no english release and this man deserves my money.
Or even better, someone should release it in english.

Maltos said:
Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou. Up volume 7. Seriously amazing. It's just...wow. A shame there isnt more manga like this.
Thoughtful. Emotional. Intellectual. Beautiful art. Simply fantastic.
I'm think i might have to order the japanese volumes. Theres no english release and this man deserves my money.
Or even better, someone should release it in english.
I also really enjoyed that manga. Was really sad when I got to the end. It doesn't ruin it even tho I could I could have read soo much more.

I hear there's an OVA out for it too. Been meaning to look into it at some point.

I feel like i could tank through the rest of the series tonight but i'm trying to savour it. Its really worth taking time over.
Aparently the creator worked on the series for over 10 years so it was unstandable for him to eventually stop when he did. But i agree. Even though i havnt finished i feel like i could go on reader for much longer.

Theres 2, 2 episode OVAs for it. 1 fairly old. 1 more recent. And the OVAs were pretty decent! I actually watched them first. It only covers a couple of the stories but they are enjoyable to watch. You should check them out.

Back