What manga are you reading now?

Maltos said:
I feel like i could tank through the rest of the series tonight but i'm trying to savour it. Its really worth taking time over.
Aparently the creator worked on the series for over 10 years so it was unstandable for him to eventually stop when he did. But i agree. Even though i havnt finished i feel like i could go on reader for much longer.

Theres 2, 2 episode OVAs for it. 1 fairly old. 1 more recent. And the OVAs were pretty decent! I actually watched them first. It only covers a couple of the stories but they are enjoyable to watch. You should check them out.

Oh wow, someone else is talking about YKK! :D

Glad you're enjoying it Maltos. The first OVA's were the best. I felt they could have picked better stories to animate for the second, and the music didn't fit quite so well.
The Japanese Mangas seem a bit hard to find if you're not in Japan. I only have 8 out of 14, mostly from yesasia and a couple from a seller in the UK.

ayase said:
Oh wow, someone else is talking about YKK! :D

Glad you're enjoying it Maltos. The first OVA's were the best. I felt they could have picked better stories to animate for the second, and the music didn't fit quite so well.
The Japanese Mangas seem a bit hard to find if you're not in Japan. I only have 8 out of 14, mostly from yesasia and a couple from a seller in the UK.
There isnt enough praise around for it!

I prefered the first ones too. Though generally i often prefer newer animation the older ones had much more charm and seemed to fit better. They are both going to be watched regularly though!
I know what you mean! I've been looking and i cant seem to find number 2 on any online shops. About to order vol.1 from YesAsia though.
Even though i wont understand a word it'll be very nice just to read through to enjoy the hard copy of the art.

Brought myself uptodate with Claymore. Raki be a man now. Knew that was coming anyway like. Just fustrates me that it released so few and far between. ¬_¬
Still better than the anime tho (well... last few episodes at least) =P

Last edited by a moderator:
I read Cowa! last night before going to bed it was a decent read, nothing great and nothing bad, just another basic short story by Akira Toriyama. Now only if Neko Majin Z could get volume releases.

Maltos said:
Yotsuba vol.6. I'm sick of waiting. I broke out the scans.

Looks like it might be back on the cards for mid September in the US. I spotted it for order when I was doing my usual pre-orders of DVDs and manga.

Dracos said:
Maltos said:

Looks like it might be back on the cards for mid September in the US. I spotted it for order when I was doing my usual pre-orders of DVDs and manga.

I don't think there's any change there, it's been available for pre-order since forever. The date just keeps slipping.

ayase said:
Dracos said:
Maltos said:

I don't think there's any change there, it's been available for pre-order since forever. The date just keeps slipping.

No I think it was first due out in February and just seemed to be out of stock everywhere. Then a couple of months back it was actually cancelled. Now it seems ADV might have at least got their act together enough to stop shooting themeselves in the feet and get out one of their most popular titles, which could actually make them some money.

Dracos said:
ayase said:
Dracos said:
Maltos said:

No I think it was first due out in February and just seemed to be out of stock everywhere. Then a couple of months back it was actually cancelled. Now it seems ADV might have at least got their act together enough to stop shooting themeselves in the feet and get out one of their most popular titles, which could actually make them some money.
Well, hope for the best - prepare for the worst, as they say. :|

ayase said:
Well, hope for the best - prepare for the worst, as they say. :|
Yeh. I'll definately still be ordering it if/when its released. But with all the uncertanty around, could end up waiting for a very long time.
Let hope ADV have some sense though :)

Private School vol 1. Not bad as OEL stuff goes. Part of the US military trying to disguise it’s secret agent/black ops budget by disguising it’s training facilities as a school and recruiting baby faced service men and women to fill it.

Back