What manga are you reading now?

I've been reading the first volume of Dororo and - unsurprisingly (it's Tezuka after all!) - I'm absolutely loving it. It's perfectly original and well executed. I love Tezuka's art, too :]

Gantz Volume 1. I enjoyed it but it did not seem to flow as well as the English dub of the anime.

MPD Psycho Volume 5. Half way through and another sure hit.

Goddess candidate Vol 1

Not really into Mech manga, but so far its not that bad. realised my local waterstones has deathnote vols 11 and 12 and a black notebook over the americans incident....I MUST BUY IT!!!!!!......*coughs* on thursday when i get paid :lol:

Tachi- said:
Goddess candidate Vol 1

Not really into Mech manga, but so far its not that bad. realised my local waterstones has deathnote vols 11 and 12 and a black notebook over the americans incident....I MUST BUY IT!!!!!!......*coughs* on thursday when i get paid :lol:

Black notebook? Do you mean Vol 13 or the Another Note novel?

BlackWolf said:
Tachi- said:
Goddess candidate Vol 1

Black notebook? Do you mean Vol 13 or the Another Note novel?

No its not a vol, its a seperate literature book that explains the american inccident. its pure black with a white sleeve round the bottom half of the cover, its £9.99 in waterstones

Since I made mincemeat of PhD Phantasy Degree vol.8 and Battle Vixens vol. 13, I'm moving onto Negima, with an easier pace.

Tachi- said:
No its not a vol, its a seperate literature book that explains the american inccident. its pure black with a white sleeve round the bottom half of the cover, its £9.99 in waterstones
Yeah, that's Another Note. Nearly got it today, but it was in a bad way, so I didn't.

Reading HXH 16. This series has boring me senseless for the last few volumes. I keep going because I like punishment.

In the last two weeks I have read:

Suzuka vol. 1-8
Fullmetal Alchemist vol. 1-16
Bleach vol. 1-23
Yotsuba&! vol. 1-5

What I will start reading now will be Trigun and School Rumble.

Dracos said:
Gantz Volume 1. I enjoyed it but it did not seem to flow as well as the English dub of the anime.

Reading Gantz was a bit of an anticlimax, bit on the stiff side, maybe I've been waiting for it for too long :D Still, it was good stuff in many places so there's no way I'm not getting vol.2

MPD 5 really kept me in it's grip, it's like the series gets better all the time.
D'you know they released volume 12 in Japan? I thought it'd already finished there.

Trigunette said:
Dracos said:

Reading Gantz was a bit of an anticlimax, bit on the stiff side, maybe I've been waiting for it for too long :D Still, it was good stuff in many places so there's no way I'm not getting vol.2

MPD 5 really kept me in it's grip, it's like the series gets better all the time.
D'you know they released volume 12 in Japan? I thought it'd already finished there.

I won't stop with Gantz. I just did not enjoy it as much as I hoped, some of the translation or something did not quite click. Also they seemed to start calling the dog 'butter dog' without any of the explanation of the anime.

MPD up to 12!! well just keep it coming.

Read Vampire Hunter D volume 2 today that was pretty good as a change of pace. Then I started on Strawberry 100% volume 4, I just seem to flit between styles.

Dracos said:
I won't stop with Gantz. I just did not enjoy it as much as I hoped, some of the translation or something did not quite click. Also they seemed to start calling the dog 'butter dog' without any of the explanation of the anime.

MPD up to 12!! well just keep it coming.

Read Vampire Hunter D volume 2 today that was pretty good as a change of pace. Then I started on Strawberry 100% volume 4, I just seem to flit between styles.

Atleast MPD has a good chance to continue without DH dropping it due to lack of sales, unlike a lot of fun titles that nobody seemed to buy like Reiko The Zombie Shop and Shaman Warrior :( Still, maybe DH was trying to get sales up by having SW scans viewable online. The first volume in it's entirity here.
Not that they seem to do much to advertise their manga/manhwa so maybe it's no suprise that they don't fly out of their warehouse and they end up dropping them grrrrr.

I've been thinking about getting Vampire Hunter D.

LOL at times I feel like I have a butterfly mentality, floating between different genres in the manner of Oh-that-was-really-tasty... and-now-for-something-completely-different. Sluurps. Spoilt for choice.

Now reading Blade Of The Immortal 19 and then maybe Love*Com 7.

CitizenGeek said:
Just read the birth of Siddartha scene in Tezuka's Buddha and I'm so impressed. I don't know why I delayed reading this for so long!
It's awesome isn't it? isn't it? =D
I've seen somewhere around here that you read Adolph as well. how did you like it? I've missed the last volume for several reasons.... I need to read it when as soon as I can.

Trigunette said:
Atleast MPD has a good chance to continue without DH dropping it due to lack of sales, unlike a lot of fun titles that nobody seemed to buy like Reiko The Zombie Shop and Shaman Warrior :( Still, maybe DH was trying to get sales up by having SW scans viewable online. The first volume in it's entirity here.
Not that they seem to do much to advertise their manga/manhwa so maybe it's no suprise that they don't fly out of their warehouse and they end up dropping them grrrrr.

I've been thinking about getting Vampire Hunter D.

I love the titles Dark Horse put out they normally have pretty high production quality and normally only target 1 or 2 different audiences so know those audiences. They could easily have done what some publishers have done and just bought out a load of titles for the sake of it. Though bringing out a few more titles may have helped people realise they were serious about manga.

I think I agree with you on the fact they don't advertise their manga enough. I think they rely on people picking up their comics and from there realising they do manga as well. I really don’t like it when companies just drop titles instead of maybe bringing them to a point where it could feel like a natural end even if it was not the true end, or they could produce limited runs of titles that are less successful. After all they need to realise no matter how small an audience is there maybe knock on effects such as not buying other product just incase the same happens again.

Vampire Hunter D is worth picking up. I like it’s sort of older more different style. Although it is enjoyable don’t expect it to be the best manga you have read.

Was reading tsubasa earlier today hehe =)
I'm not very far through the manga, plus I've lent it from the college library so I've got to wait till after the holidays before I can pick up more volumes.
I should probably just buy it!

Back