What manga are you reading now?

Neon Genesis Evangelion 3-in-1 Manga vol 3
Lots of back story and psychological trauma for the pilots.
Rei looks very much like Shinjis mother and may be a clone of her and she mentions not wanting to feel like she was made of straw.
Shinji realises that he witnessed his mothers "death", although it appears she was absorbed by Unit-01. Possibly why both Rei (before Shinji showed up) and Shinji himself can pilot it so well.
Asuka is forced by an Angel probing her mind to remember that her mother went mad and tried to kill her as she was born from a eugenics experiment after her mother couldn't have a child with her husband (who subsequently had a child with a mistress and then left)! :eek:
Some interesting reading in the appendix of each Part as well called "Secrets of Evangelion".

First Love Monster Vol.8 (way beyond the anime now and Hiyoshimaru-sensei says it's approaching its climax, so...)
Frau Faust Vol. 2

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon on The Side: Sword Oratoria Volume 4 (light novel)

This is probably my favourite volume of the side series so far, it was really exciting!

Finished Death March to the Parallel World Rhapsody LN 3. I really liked this volume, very slice of life.

When I first started this series I wasn't impressed, it's just a generic Isekai! HOWEVER the more I read, the more I become attached to the characters (& my favorite girl's being voiced by one of my favorite VAs!) & this volume's contents were (or was?) just lovely to read, it was a bit like Log Horizon in the sense where you received a deeper understanding of how the system works for our MC ..sure it's still a standard Isekai but it's not all overpowered MC (which he is buuuut) vs the world. I hope they keep the SOL aspects for the anime, as well as (minor spoiler)
our MC visiting brothels! That was a unique part I hadn't seen before in an Isekai

Do any of you know of other fantasy/isekai books that have a more SOL feel? please :)

Next Up: Re:Zero LN 5!

Neon Genesis Evangelion 2-in-1 manga vol 5
Just watched NGE: Death and EoE to see what differences there were. Got to say I prefer the manga Shinji to the anime one. Still has plenty of hang-ups, but seems less whiney and less
wanky (if you know what I mean :confused:)
The ending is better as well, it mostly follows EoE up until the point when
Anno sticks his middle finger up to the haters (I'm sure that's what the live action stuff was about, including hate messages from the net, yes it was this way 20 years ago!) and then instead of a weird desolate plain of existence where Shinjis trys to strangle Asuka, we find him back in the real world or maybe a world he created from a wish to be a better person where he's off from his aunts home to Tokyo for uni and he meets a couple of characters from the alternate world.

Finished Death March to the Parallel World Rhapsody LN 3. I really liked this volume, very slice of life.

When I first started this series I wasn't impressed, it's just a generic Isekai! HOWEVER the more I read, the more I become attached to the characters (& my favorite girl's being voiced by one of my favorite VAs!) & this volume's contents were (or was?) just lovely to read, it was a bit like Log Horizon in the sense where you received a deeper understanding of how the system works for our MC ..sure it's still a standard Isekai but it's not all overpowered MC (which he is buuuut) vs the world. I hope they keep the SOL aspects for the anime, as well as (minor spoiler)
our MC visiting brothels! That was a unique part I hadn't seen before in an Isekai

Do any of you know of other fantasy/isekai books that have a more SOL feel? please :)

Next Up: Re:Zero LN 5!

Depends what you define as isekai/fantasy in this case, are you looking for something similar to Log Horizon/Death March or a bit more out there? If you're after pure fantasy then maybe try out If It's For My Daughter, I'd Even Defeat a Demon Lord or How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom (which is isekai but not similar to Death March or Log Horizon). Honestly J-Novel Club have a good selection of titles like that, so if you're okay with ebooks (or waiting for Realist to hit print next year), maybe check out their stuff. :)

Meanwhile I've just finished Walking My Second Path in Life volume 1. I'm not greatly invested in the story and this first volume certainly didn't captivate me, but reading it at a weekly pace and knowing there are only two volumes out in Japan right now means I'm going to continue it into the next volume.

I believe at one point the series was near cancelled and it hasn't had a release since those rumours, but when it was licensed J-Novel Club were apparently assured volume 3 is coming. Seems like it'll be slow releases regardless though, so I guess it'll be a slow burner that we get now and again. I just hope the next volume is better than the first. ^^;

Your Name. Deluxe Edition book. Only read the Makoto Shinkai Q&A so far, but it had some interesting tidbits such as there should be a full stop at the end of the title, so there fore Your Name. not Your Name :p

And an influence on the story comes from a short story by Haruki Murakami called On Seeing the 100% Perfect Girl One Beautiful April Morning from the book The Elephant Vanishes. Reading it there are similarities, there's a PDF as top result: on seeing the 100 perfect girl - Google Search

Depends what you define as isekai/fantasy in this case, are you looking for something similar to Log Horizon/Death March or a bit more out there? If you're after pure fantasy then maybe try out If It's For My Daughter, I'd Even Defeat a Demon Lord or How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom (which is isekai but not similar to Death March or Log Horizon). Honestly J-Novel Club have a good selection of titles like that, so if you're okay with ebooks (or waiting for Realist to hit print next year), maybe check out their stuff. :)

Meanwhile I've just finished Walking My Second Path in Life volume 1. I'm not greatly invested in the story and this first volume certainly didn't captivate me, but reading it at a weekly pace and knowing there are only two volumes out in Japan right now means I'm going to continue it into the next volume.

I believe at one point the series was near cancelled and it hasn't had a release since those rumours, but when it was licensed J-Novel Club were apparently assured volume 3 is coming. Seems like it'll be slow releases regardless though, so I guess it'll be a slow burner that we get now and again. I just hope the next volume is better than the first. ^^;

Thank you ^.^

your name. Another Side: Earthbound (light novel)

Really enjoyed this collection of side stories. Definitely not essential reading for all your name fans, but I think some will definitely get a kick out of it. :)

Got seven episodes left to watch of Brotherhood so nearly finished, but I heard there are differences. Is it worth picking the manga up?
It's been a while, but so far I remember most of it from FMA:B. I'm sure someone might know better, but maybe you're thinking of the original FMA anime which started when the manga was ongoing and overtook it so has a different ending which lead to a film that I haven't seen. It's been even longer since I watched that, but I do remember the false priest in the early episodes which also appears in FMA:B and is the first chapter of the manga.

EDIT @IncendiaryLemon beat me to it.

Back