What manga are you reading now?

Battle Royale: Angels' Border
2 short stories, focusing on the girls from the lighthouse, written by the author of the novel, but illustrated by 2 different people from the main manga series. The characters look different as a result.

The first story is of unrequited love of Haruka for Yukie (the girl that fancies the male MC). It gives you a little backstory of their friendship and is quite sweet, but it also flashes forward to remind you of their demise, making it bittersweed.

The second story is about Chisato and Shinji (the boy whose is good at hacking) and an impromptu date when they meet on a train. Again it gives you a bit of a backstory and is a sweet story with a bit more humour than the first one, but it also reminds you of their demise. It also tells you about Chisatos thought process when she goes for the gun when Satomi is point the SMG at the girls.

Nice little addition to the canon of Battle Royale.

The Ancient Magus’ Bride vols 1 & 2...yep I’ll be getting the other volumes
Haikyu!! vol 16...continuation of Aoba Josai v Karasuno game which will be concluded next volume.
The Heroic Legend of Arslan vol 7

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls In A Dungeon? Volume 9 (light novel) - I’ve been putting off finishing this for awhile, so I’m glad I finally got there. Apparently this is the weakest arc in the series so far, but I actually rather like it so far. :)

I Saved Too Many Girls and Caused the Apocalypse Volume 6 ( Light novel) - This volume was so aimless that I didn't even realise I was at the end of the book until I hit the afterword. It's basically more of a short story collection than usual.

Queens Quality Volume 1 (and a little bit of a reread of QQ Sweeper volume 3 so I remembered what had been happening).

Good return for QQ, I think Kyousuke Motomi is one of my favourite shojo mangaka between this series and Dengeki Daisy. The relationship between the two main characters is so well written and the fantasy element continues to be really interesting.

Back