What manga are you reading now?

All You Need Is Kill
I thought that Edge of Tomorrow was a pretty good film, but after reading the manga adaptation of the same source (which apparently sticks pretty close to the novel) it misses the bittersweet ending in favour of the inevitable Hollywood happy ending although it does show the end of the war, albeit with a change to the mimic network, which would have been cool to see in the manga.

Otome Mania!! Volume 1

So @Teapot found this for me when we were out shopping last weekend. Originally he showed it to me and I mildly died at the price (£11 iirc) and the state of my bank balance, but he thought I'd really like it so bought it for me. Turns out it's a nifty little manga about the Otome games industry and although it's not that realistic in some regards, the characters are all quite interesting and I definitely want to buy at least one more volume.

I feel like there are a lot of industry focused manga (that focus on both anime, games, manga and light novels), that I've not stumbled on yet. I really like that 'genre' of series though, so I need to dig around some more and see what I can find.

Otome Mania!! Volume 1

So @Teapot found this for me when we were out shopping last weekend. Originally he showed it to me and I mildly died at the price (£11 iirc) and the state of my bank balance, but he thought I'd really like it so bought it for me. Turns out it's a nifty little manga about the Otome games industry and although it's not that realistic in some regards, the characters are all quite interesting and I definitely want to buy at least one more volume.

I feel like there are a lot of industry focused manga (that focus on both anime, games, manga and light novels), that I've not stumbled on yet. I really like that 'genre' of series though, so I need to dig around some more and see what I can find.

@Demelza: If you felt like writing a review, that would be - as always - very welcome! But no pressure; sometimes we need to just read and enjoy. :)

@Demelza: If you felt like writing a review, that would be - as always - very welcome! But no pressure; sometimes we need to just read and enjoy. :)

I might do after picking up volume 2 (which is apparently the final volume - I wonder if it got cancelled...), as both are already available and have been for awhile now so it'd probably be better to review as a complete series. :)

Just read the first volume of Terraformars. It's kind of like a fun mixture of B-movie horror and shonen action, very adult though and kind of disturbing in places but well crafted and enjoyable. I heard the manga is much better than the anime which has had some inconsistent animation and apparently doesn't adapt some parts of the manga well. I'm thoroughly looking forward to the next volume. It's the sort of manga that inevitably won't be for everyone but I'm finding it quite an enjoyable read.

Just read the first volume of Terraformars. It's kind of like a fun mixture of B-movie horror and shonen action, very adult though and kind of disturbing in places but well crafted and enjoyable. I heard the manga is much better than the anime which has had some inconsistent animation and apparently doesn't adapt some parts of the manga well. I'm thoroughly looking forward to the next volume. It's the sort of manga that inevitably won't be for everyone but I'm finding it quite an enjoyable read.
If you ever want to watch the anime just do the first season as that's quite faithful to the manga, even the animation style sticks to the character designs in the manga. The second season (Terra Formars: Revenge) is just horrendous. I managed about 5 minutes of the first episode, they shonen-fied it and just ruined it.

Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash Volume 6 (light novel) - I actually finished this last weekend but because the final part didn’t include the afterword I didn’t realise it was the end of the book...

Back