What manga are you reading now?

Discussion in 'General Manga Chit-Chat' started by Red XIII, Jun 18, 2005.

1. D1tchd1gger

D1tchd1gger Adventurer

Not manga (or LN), but anime related. I have just finished reading through the Giovanni's Island Ultimate Edition book. Fascinating read about the history of the island chains north of Japan featured in the film and Japanese-Russian relations over the last few centuries.

Neil.T and Sarah like this.
  2. Neil.T

Neil.T Hunter

Well done, that man. It took me nearly two years to finally get around to reading mine!

3. Sarah

Sarah Staff AUKN Staff

A Strange and Mystifying Story Tsuta Suzuki Vol. 1 (e-book) from SuBLime. Been waiting a long time for this series to be adopted in its entirety! Review to follow...

4. Gemsy-chan

Gemsy-chan Combat Butler

I shall be getting the physical release.

Sarah likes this.
  5. Demelza

Demelza Adventuring Alchemist AUKN Staff

Fire Force Volume 1 (Dropped) - Review forthcoming so won't say too much, but to me it's a generic shonen with no real redeeming qualities so won't be continuing it beyond this volume.

6. Sunshineabove

Sunshineabove Dandy Guy, in Space

BLack Clover Vol 4

7. Demelza

Demelza Adventuring Alchemist AUKN Staff

The Night and the Lady Volume 1 - probably won’t read any more of this, but was entertaining enough. :)

8. Sunshineabove

Black Clover Vol 5 enjoying it so far. After I’m up to date with this next is Fire Force

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
  9. Gemsy-chan

Gemsy-chan Combat Butler

Seraph of the End vol 13...I do love Ferid
    Haikyu!! vol 17...end of Aoba Johsai v Karasuno and the start of Shiratorizawa v Karasuno.

Sarah likes this.
  10. D1tchd1gger

D1tchd1gger Adventurer

Neon Genesis Evangelion 3-in-1 Manga vol 2
    A certain someone with a red plug suit shows up and much hilarity ensues!
    DSC_0234.JPG

Not sure if I remember this from the anime. It's been ages since I last saw it.
    DSC_0233.JPG

11. Gemsy-chan

Gemsy-chan Combat Butler

The Ancient Magus’ Bride vols 4-7

Sarah likes this.
  12. Sarah

Sarah Staff AUKN Staff

Oo! I hadn't realized the next Seraph was out - thank you for the tip! :)

13. Sunshineabove

How is Seraph ? i have the first 3 i think but not started yet

Sarah likes this.
  14. Sarah

Sarah Staff AUKN Staff

If you've watched the anime, you'll find that it sticks quite closely to the manga (up to Chapter 41 halfway through Volume 11). A nice bonus (literally) is that each manga has a full colour plate at the front and some fun/interesting bonus material at the back.

Story-wise, it moves at a decent shonen-style pace with plenty of twists and turns in the plot. The artwork is attractive and, as @Gemsy-chan alludes above, there are some wonderfully warped characters! (Or are they...?)

15. Sunshineabove

Thanks for that will have to start it soon

Just finish Black Clover Vol 6 it’s getting interesting

Sarah likes this.
  16. Peachy

Peachy Bumpkin AUKN Staff

Finished Sword Oratoria LN 4, now onto My Hero Academia (Manga) 10 & probably Death March to Parallel World Rhapsody (LN) 3 afterwards.

17. st_owly

st_owly Guild Member

I like the Seraph of the End manga. You've just reminded me I need to badger the friend I'm borrowing it off and see if he's got any more volumes for me to borrow. Meanwhile tonight I read Princess Jellyfish 5.

Sarah likes this.
  18. Gemsy-chan

Gemsy-chan Combat Butler

Currently re-reading Eyeshield 21...up to vol 15 so far Deimon v Kyoshin

19. D1tchd1gger

D1tchd1gger Adventurer

Neon Genesis Evangelion 3-in-1 Manga vol 3
    Lots of back story and psychological trauma for the pilots.
    Rei looks very much like Shinjis mother and may be a clone of her and she mentions not wanting to feel like she was made of straw.
    Shinji realises that he witnessed his mothers "death", although it appears she was absorbed by Unit-01. Possibly why both Rei (before Shinji showed up) and Shinji himself can pilot it so well.
    Asuka is forced by an Angel probing her mind to remember that her mother went mad and tried to kill her as she was born from a eugenics experiment after her mother couldn't have a child with her husband (who subsequently had a child with a mistress and then left)! :eek:
    Some interesting reading in the appendix of each Part as well called "Secrets of Evangelion".

20. Sunshineabove