What Games Are You Playing?

Sparrowsabre7 said:
memorium said:
Personally I think a lot of reviewers are just bribed, none of what you would consider to be the smaller titles get good reviews, yet a massive franchise like COD gets 8s and 9s everywhere you look, **** cockgobblers

I wouldn't really consider Dead Island a small title, plus Shadow of the Colossus got glowing reviews. I have to agree with major FPS titles though. They can't keep being consistent 9s, considering how little difference there is between them. It's encouraging stagnation. Reviewers rag on Pokemon being basically unchanged each generation (which I also agree with but still) yet say nothing about the minimal differences between COD titles.
Really? I think DI is a small title, as I doubt no one had really heard of it until that infamous trailer came out a few months ago, I knew about it for years, but I feel safe saying I was part of a minority of people

Been playing Higurashi on the PC.

Onikakushi was ever so creepy and tragic, so much better paced and explained than the anime and manga.

Onto the Watanagashi arc and this conversation popped up...

Sakurareference.png

Which was awesome.

MercenaryRaiden said:
ilmaestro said:
MercenaryRaiden said:
Inbetween bouts of studying I've been giving Dead Island a go with friends.
But did you preorder iM@S2 yet? :s

I have it preordered but I was going to cancel it. However through some obscure and amazing stroke of luck i've managed to save £1000 on various means and methods lately. I think I've got a bit of excess cash to keep my order! :D Can't for the life of me remember when it's out though. And I'll do without the Gravure for you titles (........for now.)
Haha, yes, me too.

As for the release date, October 27th.

As for randomly saving up a spare £1000... please give me the recipe!

Max Takeshi said:
Been playing Higurashi on the PC.

Onikakushi was ever so creepy and tragic, so much better paced and explained than the anime and manga.

Onto the Watanagashi arc and this conversation popped up...

Which was awesome.

Wow, that arts a bit lacklustre =/ I'm guessing the game came first and the anime etc came later riding on its success? Because that certainly doesn't look like the product of an officially licensed game.

I mean, technically, there's nothing wrong with the art, but from a presentation stand point it looks more like the work of an amateur artist than a polished product.

@Ilmaestro: Ah ok, thanks for the clarification =)

memorium said:
Really? I think DI is a small title, as I doubt no one had really heard of it until that infamous trailer came out a few months ago, I knew about it for years, but I feel safe saying I was part of a minority of people

Yes, but I think since the infamous trailer it's swelled considerably. Not to mention anything with zombies gets a lot of press by default these days. But I do know what you mean, it's not exactly a big name developer.

ilmaestro said:
Yes, Higurashi was originally a doujin visual novel for PC. So it doesn't simply look like the work of an amateur artist, it is.

should be throwing out the "welcome to 2005" banner

anyhow been playing LA Noire, hence why I havn't been on for the past few weeks

Haven't really played games for a week, but started playing the Gears 3 campaign yesterday and so far so good. There's Lost Planet mechs in the game designed to be used like the Power Loader from Aliens, which is pretty cool.

Completed Space Marine, i've got to say - the majority of the game was a cake walk the moment that you can use the thunderous hammer that literally disintegrates orks to a splat of blood and limbs flying, the Chaos marines where abit of a disappointment - being that they have the same armour as the space marines - i expected alot from them in terms of withstanding a barrage of attacks. A Chaos Warrior with a thunder maul gets his own cut scene... at first i jumped back to gain distance and think of a strategy on how to deal with it “ideally I don’t want to get hit by that thing, I know my own hammer destroys things to atoms, I wouldn’t last a second”

Theory proven wrong – very disappointing to learn I could use my own hammer and any hits he got in where nothing compared to the hits I gave. The Warboss ork was good, a nice challenge and hordes of orks to naturally back him up.

The favourite part of the game for me was towards the end where 3 blood raven marines are around – being my favourite chapter due to playing dawn of war its nice to see these guys make an appearance – drop pods appear and I no longer felt like it was some sort of solo suicide mission and finally a space marine kick ass squad tearing the place apart. Short lived but worth it :p

Now to make a start on medal of honour tier 1 edition and R.U.S.E :)

Played and Finished Gears of War 3 earlier in the week. Worth the play though there was a couple of bits which where a little lack-luster. Only made a start with Horde 2.0 though, but i can see me sinking hours into it with the right people. Not tried regular multiplayer yet either, so i'll get that and beast mode down and then make a proper review for it.

Also been playing a fair bit of Starcraft 2 when i get the time. I'm doing a lot of vs AI matches to get myself used to hotkeys and specific build timings to see if i can do any good in an actually league match, so will probably give that a try later today.

Asides from that, undecided on what else to play. Probably going to have a bit of a lul until Arkham City next month.

Battlefield 3 Beta is what I'll be mainly playing (well.. over the next 11 days anyway). Besides that, I'm quite keen on Minecraft. Plus with version 1.9 out now, I can do even more than before. It's very Addictive.

Rented Rogue Leader

It's still tough, I am definitely going to have to get the advanced lasers and shields if I'm to have a hope in hell of completing Battle of Endor. (I still hate it less than Razor Rendezvous so far though...)

Have to wait a week for my dad to come back from his birthday holiday to play gears 3, the more people keep posting about how good it is, the more jealous i am lol.

Voddas said:
Battlefield 3 Beta is what I'll be mainly playing (well.. over the next 11 days anyway). Besides that, I'm quite keen on Minecraft. Plus with version 1.9 out now, I can do even more than before. It's very Addictive.
What did they add in 1.9 besides NPCs? I believe that in 1.8 the whole leveling thing wasn't fulling implemented, plus are the NPCs any good?

memorium said:
Voddas said:
What did they add in 1.9 besides NPCs? I believe that in 1.8 the whole leveling thing wasn't fulling implemented, plus are the NPCs any good?
They aren't completing the leveling on Minecraft until the 1.10 release. Same goes for the adventure mode. I never really used 1.8 so everything from 1.8 to 1.9 is new to me. Or, was new to me. The world generation looks much cooler, but the monsters are much harsher. I'm also loving the Creative Mode.

NPCs are funny. You'll have to check it out.

73 hours into Xenoblade and still there is a ton of stuff I want to do. Without question one of the best RPGs of the last decade.

AND! ICO & Shadow of the Colossus HD. Finally, two of the best games ever made with graphics that won't give me eye cancer. Only tried ICO so far and it looks beautiful.

memorium said:
Voddas said:

1.9 is animal breeding, 7-8 more music disks, dungeons and new mobs in the nether. nether bricks snowmen(who throw snowballs and enemies). Mushroom bioms where cows that are there are called "mooshrooms", red ones covered in mushrooms. Plus a whole bunch of new items(new drops from spiders, glass bottles for potions in later patches and so on)

Back