What Games Are You Playing?

Crysis, Deus Ex:HR, and Braid. Crysis still looks ridiculous four years on, Deus Ex seems like it has massive potential, and Braid... I'm not sure why I waited so long.

Unusually I have a few games on the go at the moment. I tend to stick to one or maybe two normally.

DS - Aliens: Infection (a Metroid-style 2D shooter)
PSP - Speedball 2 Evolution (zomg)
Wii - Xenoblade (pushing 90 hours and still I haven't finished the story, not to mention the ton of side content)
PS3 - Shadow of the Colossus HD (still as poignant and epic as ever, now looking better than ever)

Mmm, Steam cloud saves making it real easy to get back to the PC games I was playing before, so did an hour or so of Singularity this morning. Still really like that game, satisfying weapons and fun story.

memorium said:
Voddas said:
Tachi said:
Where's the monsters? apparently i had to build something to hide in at night, so i smashed a whole in a tree and waited but nothing.

just get the feeling i don't "get it" are you meant to do much apart from smash and build things?
There are no monsters in the free trial online. If you have the paid version, you can either go on Adventure mode (monsters, NPCs etc) or Creative mode (also has monsters if you want) which gives you all the supplies/materials you need to create/destroy whatever takes your fancy.

I didn't know what the fuss was about untill I sat down and played it for few hours... then those few hours turned into days, and the weeks. lol

Like Memo said, it is highly addictive.
I thought there was monsters on the trial version? It should eb split into 2 modes; Creative and Survival.

trial is the old creative mode, once u get the full version you can choose adventure mode.

been off minecraft till they get 1.10 out, fed up of starting a world only to have a new build out a few days later XD

Ryo Ryo said:
memorium said:
Voddas said:
Tachi said:
Where's the monsters? apparently i had to build something to hide in at night, so i smashed a whole in a tree and waited but nothing.

just get the feeling i don't "get it" are you meant to do much apart from smash and build things?
There are no monsters in the free trial online. If you have the paid version, you can either go on Adventure mode (monsters, NPCs etc) or Creative mode (also has monsters if you want) which gives you all the supplies/materials you need to create/destroy whatever takes your fancy.

I didn't know what the fuss was about untill I sat down and played it for few hours... then those few hours turned into days, and the weeks. lol

Like Memo said, it is highly addictive.
I thought there was monsters on the trial version? It should eb split into 2 modes; Creative and Survival.

trial is the old creative mode, once u get the full version you can choose adventure mode.

been off minecraft till they get 1.10 out, fed up of starting a world only to have a new build out a few days later XD
But there should be two modes anyway, there was when I played it waaayyy back in the Alpha

VVVVVV. I love how such a simple concept can make such an engaging game. Also the music is brilliant. Just a shame it was so short.

Back to Crysis again, having installed the Steam version. ^^;

I can't decide if re-buying games "just to have the Steam version" is better or worse than "upgrading" films that you are never going to watch again to BD.

ilmaestro said:
Back to Crysis again, having installed the Steam version. ^^;

I can't decide if re-buying games "just to have the Steam version" is better or worse than "upgrading" films that you are never going to watch again to BD.

I think it is worse :p With the blu-ray at least there's a change in the product quality.

Started ICO HD, I've had the game before and got far but never actually bothered to complete it, also playing Yakuza 3, don't think I'm going for a 100% run but I'm enjoying it so far, just waiting to some kind of prompt to get the last kind of tournaments opened up, and did the side mission where you need to flee from the bodybuilding cross dresser. Fun time.

Also Arkham city on preorder, I am excited much!

Omaru_SD said:
Started ICO HD, I've had the game before and got far but never actually bothered to complete it, also playing Yakuza 3, don't think I'm going for a 100% run but I'm enjoying it so far, just waiting to some kind of prompt to get the last kind of tournaments opened up, and did the side mission where you need to flee from the bodybuilding cross dresser. Fun time.

Also Arkham city on preorder, I am excited much!

Me too! Arkham I mean. Nightwing dlc available november 1st, Robin on the 12th and skin pack soon thereafter.

Restarted Deus Ex:HR as trying to play purely non-lethal was doing my head in and I wanted a clean slate. Far more fun mixing and matching styles.

ilmaestro said:
Restarted Deus Ex:HR as trying to play purely non-lethal was doing my head in and I wanted a clean slate. Far more fun mixing and matching styles.

I agree. I feel this way about MGS. Going non-lethal all the time only builds frustration when you need to restart and making mistakes and trying to get out of it is both more realistic and in many ways a greater test of skill.

What I've about HR's bosses has killed dead any ambition I had of making a non-lethal character. Vampire: Bloodlines (one of my favourite games ever) had a similarly non-flexible approach in this respect, as at some point you would need combat skills.

Yeah, the restarts were what was getting to me, Sparrowsabre.

It feels like you can't afford to make much of a mistake at all if you're going to get out of somewhere after being spotted, as you can't take much damage and have very little tranq ammo.

Watching the first couple of levels of a non-lethal playthrough on youtube backs up my feeling, too, as you can tell from the way the guy sneaks past people that a fair bit of trial and error is involved in, for instance, working out where you need to get to when you first enter a room before the enemies start moving around more freely.

Replaying Crysis at the same time, the gunplay and general combat-scenario design in that game is much better, as lethal and non-lethal approaches blend together very nicely in very short intervals. Obviously a very different game in other aspects, though.

How AUKN likes to play Deus Ex:

ilmaestro said:
non-lethal
Sparrowsabre7 said:
non-lethal
fabricatedlunatic said:
non-lethal
ayase said:
894688812.jpg

Back