What Games Are You Playing?

Minecraft is like dawn of war isn't it?

If so, i may get in on this. Love abit of strategy and building up units and things.

Can't wait to get home, sink into my gaming chair and put on R.U.S.E with a beer.

Tachi said:

If so, i may get in on this. Love abit of strategy and building up units and things.

Can't wait to get home, sink into my gaming chair and put on R.U.S.E with a beer.

Tachi said:

Either your trolling or you've been living under a rock for the past year :lol:

fabricatedlunatic said:
73 hours into Xenoblade and still there is a ton of stuff I want to do. Without question one of the best RPGs of the last decade.

43 hours here, and only just left Frontier Village. Didn't think I'd say it after Gaur Plains, but this is the best looking area so far.

So now the party consists of a loli and comedic cartoon critter. I find that a little bit of a shame.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not trolling, just never seen it so i guess i've been living under a rock lol.

Okay so its leagues away from what DoW is about, cross eyed sheep and cubism/pixelated horrors lol

R.U.S.E
I'm not even sure what the hell trickery went into developing this game, but the "Normal Mode" is far too easy, the campaign mode itself is abit too much on the "story" side, by that i mean that the options to build new units and other things have been taken away from you and for the first levels i've played your given crap handfull of squads and just as something comes to destroy all of them - help magically appears and joins your squads - its abit like saying your handicapped so here's some help, well make sure you cannot fail.

So been playing the against AI wars to have full control over building an army and bases where and when i wanted.

Classic mode is, but the Beta isn't free, but it's quite affordable I think (£13.95) and the community is very strong at the moment, it's download or in browser, and it has both single player and multiplayer modes

I played around with it for about 10 minutes. ran around smashing the place to pieces until i realised that it will take me about 2 hours to destroy the whole place, so went and sat in the water, see what that was like. looks like fun if i can get the hang of building a fort but if there where a 3rd person view to it i'd be sold. it feels abit too much like a FPS without anything to shoot.

Where's the monsters? apparently i had to build something to hide in at night, so i smashed a whole in a tree and waited but nothing.

just get the feeling i don't "get it" are you meant to do much apart from smash and build things?

Tachi said:
Where's the monsters? apparently i had to build something to hide in at night, so i smashed a whole in a tree and waited but nothing.

just get the feeling i don't "get it" are you meant to do much apart from smash and build things?
There are no monsters in the free trial online. If you have the paid version, you can either go on Adventure mode (monsters, NPCs etc) or Creative mode (also has monsters if you want) which gives you all the supplies/materials you need to create/destroy whatever takes your fancy.

I didn't know what the fuss was about untill I sat down and played it for few hours... then those few hours turned into days, and the weeks. lol

Like Memo said, it is highly addictive.

Voddas said:
Tachi said:

There are no monsters in the free trial online. If you have the paid version, you can either go on Adventure mode (monsters, NPCs etc) or Creative mode (also has monsters if you want) which gives you all the supplies/materials you need to create/destroy whatever takes your fancy.

I didn't know what the fuss was about untill I sat down and played it for few hours... then those few hours turned into days, and the weeks. lol

Like Memo said, it is highly addictive.
I thought there was monsters on the trial version? It should eb split into 2 modes; Creative and Survival.

Well after going back to it - i created a dirty great big castle with a spire and a beacon atop it (that i used to get my bearings when i ran off towards the sea to create a river towards the castle) created a moat then ran under the castle and destroyed all the foundations - meaning i was in a floating castle surrounded by water and nothing to do lol.

I'll probably invest in the Beta - a couple of friends play it so might design a level or something to kill time.

Other than Dark Souls I've been playing The Binding Of Isaac. Such an interesting little rogue-like game. I love how they made sure that it's a different layout everytime, although sometimes it feels like the game has just wanted me to fail.

Managed to complete it twice so far and fail about 56 times. And I still haven't seen everything the game has to offer. I like how some of the items balance quite well with others but some are intentionally pants. I also did not appreciate getting power ups with a range down, a speed down and then hp down all in a row when I was traversing the caves earlier. Pretty much wrecked my entire run!

Back