What Games Are You Playing?

I got a new laptop a while ago and I bought loads of games that my brother wouldn't let me install on his computer, sooooooo....

Batman: Arkham Asylum

Played it on 360 before, I already know the game like the back of my hand and it was only £5 on Steam.

Red Orchestra 2 Beta

I preordered RO2 a while ago, and the beta is amazing, just full of bugs. It's like Battlefield or Call of Duty, only Great.

Killing Floor, It's pretty funny and enjoyable, it's like Left 4 Dead but no travel, just killing waves of monsters.

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines, runs well but complicated and buggy.

I've also installed Amnesia: The Dark Descent and the first F.E.A.R. game, but.... I'm too much of a chicken...

PS3 - Space Marine, loving the crotuetas violence in the game, out muscling a ork larger than a space marine and sawing it a new meaning of "2 faced"

Being a lover of RTS (real time strategies) i played the R.U.S.E Demo months ago and have finally settled on the idea that for less than a tenner, i'm willing to part money for it.... this said i'm planning on trading in a few of my old ps3 games for it and Dawn of War 2 complete collection.

Inbetween bouts of studying I've been giving Dead Island a go with friends. We've only managed around 5 hours or so, up to the point where loads of sidequests become available, but I'm really enjoying it. There's definately a Borderlands-esque feel to the looting, with a hint of Dead Rising 2 to the crafting (which, potentially controversially, I feel works better in this. Feels like there is more freedom), but it feels like a solid zombie fps/kinda of survival game.

I'm too used to Left 4 Dead though and not expecting singular walkers to be that strong. I'm beginning to learn the hard way that toying with them is not a good idea. Especially when there are infected about...I do like how they seem to roam about though (or at least random spawning giving the illusion of roaming. Not sure which it is.)

Although that said I'm using the analog controls to fight which require you to hold the left trigger then hold the right stick in one direction then flick it in the other to swing. I thought it was a load of pants at first but...I really kinda like it. Although who decided that because you've inverted the up-down axis for looking means that you want up and down inverted for Analog fighting!?

Space Marine

I'm surprised as to how hard this game actually is, I thought I could just blag it with melee half the time, but I was wrong, it's an excellent game so far though and I'm only 3 levels in.

I aslo want Dead Island badly, but I don't think any of my mates would've heard of it let alone give two shits to play co-op on it with me, loads of reviewers are saying that it isn't that great but juding from what I've seen from The Creatures (that's Nova, Sp00n, Kootra and SSoH for those unfamiliar with them), it's a solid game, more like what Resident Evil: Outbreak should've been like instead of the turd it turned out to be.

Sparrowsabre7 said:
Tachi said:
PS3 - Space Marine, loving the crotuetas violence in the game, out muscling a ork larger than a space marine and sawing it a new meaning of "2 faced"

Do you mean gratuitous?

Yeah, no idea how that came out so wrong its unbelievable :eek: thanks for pointing it out :thumb:

memorium said:
Space Marine

I'm surprised as to how hard this game actually is, I thought I could just blag it with melee half the time, but I was wrong, it's an excellent game so far though and I'm only 3 levels in.

I aslo want Dead Island badly, but I don't think any of my mates would've heard of it let alone give two shits to play co-op on it with me, loads of reviewers are saying that it isn't that great but juding from what I've seen from The Creatures (that's Nova, Sp00n, Kootra and SSoH for those unfamiliar with them), it's a solid game, more like what Resident Evil: Outbreak should've been like instead of the turd it turned out to be.

I think its because there are NO invincible kill frames like in other games, I'd have thought that when you where doing a killing scene that it would be an invincible kill frame but if anything its a risky way of getting more health, especially with those doglike things that explode if they get too close to you.

Chapter 4, haven't played it since i bought it on saturday (been busy) but hopefully tonight i can get back to it. Also finding servo skulls is harder than i thought, on;y have 6 and there are 48 or something in total, i'm sure i've missed some.

Gears of War 2 until Gears 3 comes out, seriously. Playing Ocarina of Time 3DS on the side, considering putting FF:VII on hold until Gears 3 is released, but I'm near the end, not sure what to do.

Mutsumi said:
Tachi said:
especially with those doglike things that explode if they get too close to you.

Bomb squigs. :D

Have I mentioned how much I hate exploding enemies? :p They seem to be in everything these days too. The only exploding enemies I like are those headless bomb-armed screaming dudes from Serious Sam, just because of how hilarious they are.

for my own amusement they are renamed bomb pigs.

Your not joking, the level with the bomb on the huge artillery cannon on the roof and they send waves of enemies at you is fine, but then the bomb pigs come running around in 2's and 3's and i ended up having to do a runner due to low health (guess thats what i get by trying to kill everyone with just the chainsword lol)

So far i'm liking the violence and the storyline is there too but i'll say this; i've read more detailed battle reports than the storyline thus far. Very much a "go here... kill this lot..... go there and kill them lot.... here's a powerup pod" atm, i expected abit more crisis like in fire warrior when the guy goes from a battleship in space to fighting in trenches, to huge cities full of enemies to fighting in hell with chaos marines and then fighting the Tzeench (or "wise old bird with walking stick")

Last edited by a moderator:
Tachi said:
for my own amusement they are renamed bomb pigs.

Your not joking, the level with the bomb on the huge artillery cannon on the roof and they send waves of enemies at you is fine, but then the bomb pigs come running around in 2's and 3's and i ended up having to do a runner due to low health (guess thats what i get by trying to kill everyone with just the chainsword lol)

So far i'm liking the violence and the storyline is there too but i'll say this; i've read more detailed battle reports than the storyline thus far. Very much a "go here... kill this lot..... go there and kill them lot.... here's a powerup pod" atm, i expected abit more crisis like in fire warrior when the guy goes from a battleship in space to fighting in trenches, to huge cities full of enemies to fighting in hell with chaos marines and then fighting the Tzeench (or "wise old bird with walking stick")

I've only played the demo, but I like the British cast and Mark Strong as the main character is pretty awesome. It's nice that both heroes AND villains are brits for once (accent wise anyway) I remember playing Spartan: Total Warrior where the Spartans were Yanks and the Romans were Brits. Guess who the good guys were =P (but then, that made up for it by having Jason Isaacs as one of the main villains =D)

Last edited by a moderator:
lol casting when done right can just perfect the storylines dialog, when done wrong its hard not to cringe lol.

The game itself is worth it, i recommend it!

ilmaestro said:
MercenaryRaiden said:
Inbetween bouts of studying I've been giving Dead Island a go with friends.
But did you preorder iM@S2 yet? :s

I have it preordered but I was going to cancel it. However through some obscure and amazing stroke of luck i've managed to save £1000 on various means and methods lately. I think I've got a bit of excess cash to keep my order! :D Can't for the life of me remember when it's out though. And I'll do without the Gravure for you titles (........for now.)

memorium said:
I aslo want Dead Island badly, but I don't think any of my mates would've heard of it let alone give two shits to play co-op on it with me, loads of reviewers are saying that it isn't that great but juding from what I've seen from The Creatures (that's Nova, Sp00n, Kootra and SSoH for those unfamiliar with them), it's a solid game

I'm kinda baffled at some of the reviews for it. Yeah I've had a few glitches (I'm not even going to dwell on the one where I had a level 14 Machette in front of me only for it to disapear out of exsistence. Livid!) but nothing that you could describe as game breaking or horrible. It is very solid and if you like the premise behind it then I could see a lot of people getting into it. It's not as broken as some reviewers would lead you to believe. I read Edges 3/10 and completely disagreed with the review, but reading Eurogamers 6/10 I disagreed with the score but the review gave me all the right impressions of it.

Personally I think a lot of reviewers are just bribed, none of what you would consider to be the smaller titles get good reviews, yet a massive franchise like COD gets 8s and 9s everywhere you look, ******* cockgobblers

memorium said:
Personally I think a lot of reviewers are just bribed, none of what you would consider to be the smaller titles get good reviews, yet a massive franchise like COD gets 8s and 9s everywhere you look, **** cockgobblers

I wouldn't really consider Dead Island a small title, plus Shadow of the Colossus got glowing reviews. I have to agree with major FPS titles though. They can't keep being consistent 9s, considering how little difference there is between them. It's encouraging stagnation. Reviewers rag on Pokemon being basically unchanged each generation (which I also agree with but still) yet say nothing about the minimal differences between COD titles.

playing a mixutre mainly Dead Island but doing it a co-op with a friend so have to find the time when our work hours don't clash

Still trying to finish Deus Ex....trying to do it stealth but so many guards around its getting harder

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Rush mainly and a bit of black op

Back