What Games Are You Playing?

Haha nice Ayase. Though actually I was saying I tend to mix it up a bit, depending on the game. I generally prefer kills, even stealthy ones, just because it feels more satisfying, though in MGS3 I try to be non-lethal because otherwise it's a LONG trek up that river :p

I wasn't planning on building a pure stealth character, either because I like being a jack-of-all-trades or because I know RPGs are highly likely to screw me if I neglect combat. I'm not sure which.

@Ayase: better add me to the non-lethal crew. So far i've killed noone since i started. Going non-lethal has been pretty tough, as in, now i have the ability to break down walls, its becoming more and more tempting to just use that with a person behind it(since it kills them, no knock-out), so it's annoying. Next playthrough is gonna be purely lethal.

At present, i'm working my way up the silver league in starcraft 2 1v1 quick matches, playing some Gears of War 3, got back into Dynasty Warriors 7 and playing Pheonix Wright: Ace Attorney since it's both the 10th anniversary(despite the fact that the event for it is still three months away, capcom, what?) and he's officially announced in Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 tomorrow. All is well.

A bit of stealth is always enjoyable, but I can't keep it up unless the game is specifically designed for it (like Hitman or Thief). There comes a time in most other games when I think "F*ck it" and dive out from cover guns blazing.

After posting the Fallout 3 "Bloody Mess" image, I've had the urge to play Fallout 3 again. But this time on PC, and modded to the nines. HD textures, new weather and lighting, a little more greenery... I would now be happier than ever to live in this world were it to be recreated for me Matrix style (or by virtue of nuclear holocaust, whichever's cheaper). However, before we do that... let's just see what Skyrim has to offer...

Skyrim should be a better game, but I'm not convinced the world would be any better (practically) to live in. :lol:

You make a good point about Fallout 3 though, I must be able to make it look pretty nice on my PC now.

/also needs to do the same for STALKER

/and possibly Oblivion

Recently been playing my PSP a bit to fill in time gaps - Mainly Fate/UC, but will progress through IT: Xross Impact. (GIMME UKITSU, DAMMIT!!!!)

Otherwise, I had a fault playing Hunted: Daemon Forge where it didn't save my last part in the chapter properly, and each time I load it up.... it crashes. I have to start that chapter over again. :(

May also go back to some Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 3 too....

Some of these are gonna make me sound so old:

Alien 3 - Sega Master System II
Dark Saviour - Sega Saturn
Burning Rangers - Sega Saturn
Rush 2049 - Sega Dreamcast
Need for Speed: Undercover - X360
Virtua Fighter 5 - X360
Dead or Alive 4 - X360

ilmaestro said:
One of the nice things about this forum compared with most anime ones is that unless you're playing games on a 2600, you don't seem that old.
.....I have one of those :oops: Haven't played it in a while though, along with my Amstrad GX4000 :lol:

Zentron said:
Some of these are gonna make me sound so old:

Alien 3 - Sega Master System II
Dark Saviour - Sega Saturn
Burning Rangers - Sega Saturn
Rush 2049 - Sega Dreamcast
Need for Speed: Undercover - X360
Virtua Fighter 5 - X360
Dead or Alive 4 - X360

My brother got this and was crap at it (and I am being kind when say that). I then proceeded to compete it with minimal problems just to rub it in.

Sparrowsabre7 said:
charl said:
Dead Rising 2: Off The Record on Xbox 360.

I'm definitely going to be getting that as I passed on 2. Is it significantly improved from DR1? I hear there's a checkpoint system.

I haven't been on it long, i've just been trying to level up and staying in one place. There is a checkpoint system, it happens randomly when you go into a different area.

charl said:
Sparrowsabre7 said:
charl said:
Dead Rising 2: Off The Record on Xbox 360.

I'm definitely going to be getting that as I passed on 2. Is it significantly improved from DR1? I hear there's a checkpoint system.

I haven't been on it long, i've just been trying to level up and staying in one place. There is a checkpoint system, it happens randomly when you go into a different area.

Was this checkpoint system in the normal DR2? I never noticed one. What was wrong with the normal save system we had before, saving in the toilets?

No the checkpoint system wasn't in Dead Rising 2. You can still save the game by going to the toilets, i think maybe the checkpoint system is just incase you die when trying to kill a boss.

Back