What Games Are You Playing?

I've been playing Fallout 3 Game of the year edition. Just got round to finishing Mothership Zeta. Now to continue on the main quest. Think I've raked up about 50 hours playtime

Mutsumi said:
charl said:
Sparrowsabre7 said:
charl said:
Dead Rising 2: Off The Record on Xbox 360.

I'm definitely going to be getting that as I passed on 2. Is it significantly improved from DR1? I hear there's a checkpoint system.

I haven't been on it long, i've just been trying to level up and staying in one place. There is a checkpoint system, it happens randomly when you go into a different area.

Was this checkpoint system in the normal DR2? I never noticed one. What was wrong with the normal save system we had before, saving in the toilets?

As Charl said, it's more to reduce frustration. It doesn't autosave, just allows you to continue from that point rather than "Save progress and start a new game"

ilmaestro said:
Oh, you might be legit old then. Did you buy it yourself, originally?
I did, from a car-boot sale in the mid-80s, for the grand price of........50p :D

mangaman74 said:
Zentron said:
Dark Saviour - Sega Saturn
My brother got this and was crap at it (and I am being kind when say that). I then proceeded to compete it with minimal problems just to rub it in.
Heh, I kinda did that myself to my bro, he'd bought himself the SMSII which had Alex the Kidd in Miracle World built in, he managed to get 1/3 of the way through, but kept on losing. I have completed it 47 times, each time telling him when I did.... which still gets him even now :lol:

I noticed that the Japanese PSN had a new demo up of something i'm obviously dieing to get my hands on. Idolm@ster 2! So I thought I'd fire it up to see how it looks and if my japanese is up to scratch, however I got lost in the customisation and decided to do the only sensible thing...

My idols are the idols that will pierce the heavens! That's...Kind of menacing actually...Other than that I enjoyed it (even if the demo cuts you out mid chorus) and liked that they gave you different schedules to try out, with all of the idols selectable, rather then just lump you with preset options. Can't wait for it to actually arrive now!

Zentron said:
ilmaestro said:
Oh, you might be legit old then. Did you buy it yourself, originally?
I did, from a car-boot sale in the mid-80s, for the grand price of........50p :D

mangaman74 said:
Zentron said:
Dark Saviour - Sega Saturn
My brother got this and was crap at it (and I am being kind when say that). I then proceeded to compete it with minimal problems just to rub it in.
Heh, I kinda did that myself to my bro, he'd bought himself the SMSII which had Alex the Kidd in Miracle World built in, he managed to get 1/3 of the way through, but kept on losing. I have completed it 47 times, each time telling him when I did.... which still gets him even now :lol:

My brother is crap at platform games (my weakness is driving games - he once beat me at Sega Rally despite giving me a head start).

Started Batman Arkham City, liking it so far love playing as Catwomen =3

Also playing
El-Shaddai, recently started FFXIII again i really need to finish it this time and also 9 hours, 9 persons, 9 doors played it twice and got the bad ending twice...~sniff sniff~ at least the second one was different from the first...still i need to get another ending

Aya-Kun said:

Also playing
El-Shaddai, recently started FFXIII again i really need to finish it this time and also 9 hours, 9 persons, 9 doors played it twice and got the bad ending twice...~sniff sniff~ at least the second one was different from the first...still i need to get another ending

You have it already? I'm uber jealous. It is at least dispatched for me though, so could arrive tomorrow(hoping it does).

Arbalest said:
Aya-Kun said:

Also playing

You have it already? I'm uber jealous. It is at least dispatched for me though, so could arrive tomorrow(hoping it does).

Ditto. Lucky too. Apparent there are UK wide shortages, the fact the dispatch is confirmed has prevented a nerdy meltdown.

@Sparrowsabre7 and Arbalest

Hehe perks of my job =3 We got all copies in yesterday including the rental ones, so i can rent it as soon as it comes in and then buy it friday.

You can almost play it, hope your copies turn up soon

Arrived today =D Done all the first AR challenges. And found the first Riddler side mission.

I was pretty damn pissed off that he told me the answer though. Just because I didn't find it within 5 seconds doesn't mean I wanted you to tell me! I hope the rest aren't like that.

Just finished the main story. What an ending! Who'd have though that Darth Vader was Luke Skywalker's father? :p

Seriously though it was a pretty magnificent ending, I hope they don't make a sequel, it ends pretty well, although I'm pissed that two face is completely 100% ignored after the opening and epilogue

Last edited by a moderator:
@sparrow: now i wish i had enough time to get it complete. i've done about 15% of the main story and that's it(i only got it yesterday though, shall throw pics of my GLORIOUS collectors later). Regardless, such a fantastic game so far, love every little reference and thing you can do so far. So yeah, gonna push on with it more tonight.

Arbalest said:
@sparrow: now i wish i had enough time to get it complete. i've done about 15% of the main story and that's it(i only got it yesterday though, shall throw pics of my GLORIOUS collectors later). Regardless, such a fantastic game so far, love every little reference and thing you can do so far. So yeah, gonna push on with it more tonight.

It's definitely worth it.

I've now done all side-missions save for the Riddler. I really like how they naturally fit in to the overall atmosphere of the game and how the missions are presented, where for most of them you're following a trail to confront the villain. I really dug the dirty harry esque phonecall segments, but my favourite was probably the Identity Thief mission. It was just so incredibly dark and sinister and the payoff was worth it, even if it was more of a sequel tease than a proper resolution. Just to see Hush, was epic and casting Kevin Conroy as his voice was a stroke of genius. Especially considering how Conroy manages to make him sound noticably different from Wayne, even though he is playing him. The affectation of his heavy breathing was also a nice touch[/spoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
I will just warn players that it is dangerously addictive. It's not a short game, but I blew through the main story and side mission in basically 3 days because I did nothing but eat, sleep and play it :p

So please! Everything in moderation. If you must keep playing do the challenges, to savour the story longer. There are loads. Too many IMO, since you have to do the same challenges with every character... what's that about? I could maybe understand individual predator challenges, but combat challenges are all the same, no matter who you play as.

I don't want to give the impression that it's short though, because I have had much shorter games that took me much longer to beat because I would get tired of them after a couple of hours and put them aside for the night. With Arkham I just could not stop playing it's all so damn compelling :p

(sorry to twist the knife, since you don't have it yet Devil lol)

Still on Xenoblade Chronicles - It just ain't ending. Over 100 hours now :eek:

Started Dark Souls, but don't think I'll carry on since the lack of the ability to pause is something I really don't need.

Max Takeshi said:
Still on Xenoblade Chronicles - It just ain't ending. Over 100 hours now :eek:

Started Dark Souls, but don't think I'll carry on since the lack of the ability to pause is something I really don't need.

100 hours. My god. I thought 70+ for Persona 3 was heavy.

Back